Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6251 6252 [6253] 6254 6255 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13002412 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93780 on: January 12, 2016, 10:35:58 pm »

Well, stories about the exceptional are generally more entertaining than the mundane.

Not always.  Waiting for Godot is one of my favorite literary works.  Just two clueless guys standing by a tree and rambling on. Then it ends.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93781 on: January 12, 2016, 10:59:20 pm »

My mouse seems to have completely lost all ability to move properly over the last 30 seconds.

wow i'm actually really glad i got that steam controller

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93782 on: January 12, 2016, 11:28:28 pm »

Why did my headphones suddenly stop getting audio output from my laptop?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #93783 on: January 12, 2016, 11:33:34 pm »

Why did my headphones suddenly stop getting audio output from my laptop?
Check the process--maybe where it's connected is in the wrong place//loose jack, or you set the volume to 0 accidentally, or there's something with your laptop audio that accidentally got set to 0. :O Any of these covered?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93784 on: January 12, 2016, 11:35:20 pm »

There's only the one, I checked the volume at least three times and didn't even get the volume bar noises, and it works on my phone's headphone jack and the computer detects it.

It's WEIRD.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #93785 on: January 12, 2016, 11:46:46 pm »

That wouldn't even be inedible. Using gold plating to decorate food is a big thing in India, as far as I'm aware.
Wealth-flavoured richness
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #93786 on: January 12, 2016, 11:54:34 pm »

There's a mexican wrestler called...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93787 on: January 13, 2016, 12:04:46 am »

There's only the one, I checked the volume at least three times and didn't even get the volume bar noises, and it works on my phone's headphone jack and the computer detects it.

It's WEIRD.
My laptop's audio port is half-broken, such that I have to shove the jack around a bit sometimes.  Like a contact has broken, and has to be sorta bent back.  Possibly related?

I'd also try closing the volume bar before plugging in the headphones.  I'm pretty sure I've messed around with the speaker volume while the headphones were plugged in, because the interface was already open when I plugged in.

Best of luck though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93788 on: January 13, 2016, 01:00:51 am »

Playing Dark Souls for the first time (several years late, I know), and up until now the game has been fair. Brutally hard, but never unfair. Until these godawful archers firing arrows bigger than my goddamn character that hurl you back about ten feet every hit while you're trying to cross a narrow bridge and navigate a ledge to get to them (shooting back is suicide, since there's no bows available that have the range these things do), and they catch me in a crossfire every time. The only way I've found to get past them is to abuse their AI and pathing to get one to jump to his death, something I've not had to do so far.
Time your rolling under the arrows
Use the Iron Flesh pyromancy
Use a greatshield
git gud scrub

There's ways to get through that bit.

Oh, I got past it, I just had to cheese it because I *couldn't* time my rolls (because they were out of sync once I got to the top, so there's never NOT an arrow flying at me, had to switch to light armor and move fast so that they missed), I don't have enough attunement slots to give up Great Chaos Fireball (which I use to make sure that the bat demon things can't gang up on me) for Iron Flesh, and the only greatshields I currently have are too heavy for me to use. Nowhere else in the game has that been a problem.

This is a day old, but I remember that fucking thing. I think I just ran up there until I eventually managed to get between one knight and the wall and then inched forwards at him until he fell off. Revenge was so sweet, it almost made up for an hour of trying the same pointless suicide run until it finally paid off.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93789 on: January 13, 2016, 01:05:20 am »

My mouse seems to have completely lost all ability to move properly over the last 30 seconds.

wow i'm actually really glad i got that steam controller

okay after having been forced to use the steam controller nigh exclusively as a mouse for something like an hour...

oh my god it's actually really good????

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #93790 on: January 13, 2016, 01:13:44 am »

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93791 on: January 13, 2016, 01:28:17 am »

Brain Age TASes are amazing

also my mouse is working now and i didn't even notice

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93792 on: January 13, 2016, 02:02:26 am »

Playing Dark Souls for the first time (several years late, I know), and up until now the game has been fair. Brutally hard, but never unfair. Until these godawful archers firing arrows bigger than my goddamn character that hurl you back about ten feet every hit while you're trying to cross a narrow bridge and navigate a ledge to get to them (shooting back is suicide, since there's no bows available that have the range these things do), and they catch me in a crossfire every time. The only way I've found to get past them is to abuse their AI and pathing to get one to jump to his death, something I've not had to do so far.
Time your rolling under the arrows
Use the Iron Flesh pyromancy
Use a greatshield
git gud scrub

There's ways to get through that bit.

Oh, I got past it, I just had to cheese it because I *couldn't* time my rolls (because they were out of sync once I got to the top, so there's never NOT an arrow flying at me, had to switch to light armor and move fast so that they missed), I don't have enough attunement slots to give up Great Chaos Fireball (which I use to make sure that the bat demon things can't gang up on me) for Iron Flesh, and the only greatshields I currently have are too heavy for me to use. Nowhere else in the game has that been a problem.

This is a day old, but I remember that fucking thing. I think I just ran up there until I eventually managed to get between one knight and the wall and then inched forwards at him until he fell off. Revenge was so sweet, it almost made up for an hour of trying the same pointless suicide run until it finally paid off.

Greatshield-Claymore.
Never went back.

Also if you're playing Dark Souls, play Dark Souls 2. The games are samey enough that you likely will only want to play one or the other through.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93793 on: January 13, 2016, 02:46:01 am »

(Hint: The one you want to play through is the first one.)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93794 on: January 13, 2016, 06:09:58 am »

(Oh. I done fucked up then. I half-played both of them.)

In other news, I was thinking on the phrase "X is my bread and butter."

I thought it was:
"This task is as simple to me as making buttered bread."

I told this to my roomate who responded with his interpretation:
"This task is the thing I do to earn my bread and butter."

We argued about that for ten minutes. Never got that heated, but never resolved it either.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 6251 6252 [6253] 6254 6255 ... 10974