Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6438 6439 [6440] 6441 6442 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13146555 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #96585 on: February 16, 2016, 09:21:02 am »

It's supposed to be 60°F tomorrow.  It was snowing yesterday.  WTF weather?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96586 on: February 16, 2016, 10:13:58 am »

It was 101°F today.
(38°c for us awesome people)

How can body temperature be so hot. I'm body temperature. We should be totally compatible despite all of the really obvious biological reasons I'm seeing right now.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96587 on: February 16, 2016, 10:30:58 am »

101°F is ~2-3°F over body temperature though...
And I really don't want to know.  Unless it's actually biology.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #96588 on: February 16, 2016, 10:41:52 am »

The secret to faking one's gender on the Net is really simple. Come closer and I'll tell you if you promise not to tell anyone.

Closer.

Closer.

Closer.

Closer.

You have to act like a normal human being.
I feel cheated. You were supposed to tell us the simple way to do it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96589 on: February 16, 2016, 11:37:41 am »

The secret to faking one's gender on the Net is really simple. Come closer and I'll tell you if you promise not to tell anyone.

Closer.

Closer.

Closer.

Closer.

You have to act like a normal human being.
I feel cheated. You were supposed to tell us the simple way to do it.
The simplest way to do it is just ask assume everyone on the internet is male.
If you have suspicions that someone is actually female go and ask.

If she says she indeed is female you can assume it's a male.
If she says that she's a male than he's most likely a male.
If she tells you that she's actually a pineapple then she's most certainly female trying to hide her gender from creeps like you so she gives a half answer.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96590 on: February 16, 2016, 11:44:01 am »

I'm not sure I agree with that.
Sigtext

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96591 on: February 16, 2016, 11:53:15 am »

Actualy when I played dofus, a certain group of people thought I was a girl for the longest time, and apparently their whole reason for it was that I used normal english in chat, instead of ~lol wat u doin dis englis~
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96592 on: February 16, 2016, 11:54:53 am »

Dofus?
Sigtext

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96593 on: February 16, 2016, 11:55:31 am »

Sometimes, buying things just ain't simple. 
Like when companies insist I 'sign-off' on something I've already given my credit card numbers for.  Though, I guess its to prevent credit card fraudfor plausible deniability of responsibility or something.

Actualy when I played dofus, a certain group of people thought I was a girl for the longest time, and apparently their whole reason for it was that I used normal english in chat, instead of ~lol wat u doin dis englis~
Webglish
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #96594 on: February 16, 2016, 12:03:41 pm »

The full story of the descendants of Pelops and Tantalus. It's actually hilarious in a dark sort of way. I mean it's really telling when a cycle of hatred, murder, throne stealing, and incest goes on for so long that even the Greek Gods throw up their hands and go "THIS IS STUPID" in response.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96595 on: February 16, 2016, 12:04:03 pm »

Dofus, a french Iso game.
More kiddy version is called Wakfu.

Also, I thought girls used more {~ :) :p xoxox}'s. Or at least the girly ones.
Also-also, yes I am comfortable with this level of sexual stereotyping.

101°F is ~2-3°F over body temperature though...
And I really don't want to know.  Unless it's actually biology
That's barely any difference! What're we, sea animals?
All our muscles and stuff create heat when they burn energy. Normally it gets heatsinked out by your blood. But when the world is the same temperature as you, the system fails. 'Course, someone who actually knows biol could kill that theory.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96596 on: February 16, 2016, 12:09:11 pm »

Both games are pretty equal in terms of general kiddy-ness. Dofus is just more upfront with its weirdly adult themed humor at times. Or it was, at least, when I actualy played it, which was forever ago. Good games overall, though.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96597 on: February 16, 2016, 12:15:50 pm »

Oh I thought Dofus had a far more complicated UI and skill tree.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96598 on: February 16, 2016, 12:27:32 pm »

Nah, Dofus has no actual ~skill tree~, its wakfu that sort of does that. Each class in dofus gets their class spells at specific levels, and you choose to level the spells you'll actualy be using the most, which is kind of a clunky system, since it makes some builds significantly harder and less practical to do without lots of previous preparation, and due to stat gain caps which vary from class to class. For example, Iops have good earth spells gained at early levels and have very good strenght stat caps (which governs earth based damage), while good air and fire spells are only gained later, and their respective governing stat caps are way worse then strenght for Iops, meaning an air or fire Iop build takes significantly more preparation to be practical.

Wakfu just kind of made different builds more acessible overall by giving you easy access to all spells of a certain element and having spells level with use rather then with points you gain by levelling. Governing stats were also made less relevant, making hybrid builds easier to do. Despite this, it uses almost exactly the same statistics system that wakfu uses, with the addition of wakfu points.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96599 on: February 16, 2016, 12:45:44 pm »

Small random questions?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6438 6439 [6440] 6441 6442 ... 10980