Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6497 6498 [6499] 6500 6501 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13174098 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #97470 on: February 28, 2016, 07:21:51 am »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:36:50 pm by penguinofhonor »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97471 on: February 28, 2016, 11:38:59 am »

Paul Wolscht or the family that adopted him, I'm not sure which one qualifies more.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #97472 on: February 28, 2016, 12:04:48 pm »

Paul Wolscht or the family that adopted him, I'm not sure which one qualifies more.

Thank you for that.in searching for it, I discovered a ridiculous article on a website called The Blaze which appeared to just be a moral crusade against anything that wasn't "normal".

Basically equating homosexuality, incest, bestiality and pedophilia, and transgender with various things like transage, transspecies andt ransable. It was... bizarre.

The entire point appeared to be "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97473 on: February 28, 2016, 12:09:01 pm »

..."transable"?
As in, you consider yourself disabled when you're not? What?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #97474 on: February 28, 2016, 12:14:50 pm »

I can't wrap my head around it that way, but if I try the other... a transable person is someone who considers themself to have greater ability than they physically do? That would suit spirit healers and whatnot, I guess. I'm not pretending to understand.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #97475 on: February 28, 2016, 12:26:51 pm »

Hey, I remember that. What qualifies more is most of the reporting on the subject, honestly. The situation is actually fairly... good? I guess. Something close to it. Wolscht's family was transphobic fuckwads, the child stuff is mostly just a sort of therapy. Person's still holding a job, etc., iirc, and tried to work things out with the wife et al, and both her and the kids basically said "Either stop being trans or leave", so... left. Definitely unusual, but most of the fuckup in that situation lies with the family the kicked wolscht out, not th'person or the family that took 'em in.

The reporting on the subject has been goddamn atrocious, though. Most of it's been brutally misrepresenting the situation in the most transphobic/hateful ways possible. Nasty shit.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #97476 on: February 28, 2016, 12:55:22 pm »

Transable was the first one. I believe it's also known as "body integrity identity disorder". Physically alright, thinks they should've been born disabled (or at least that's what the article writer said it was) and mentioned to a psychologist pouring bleach into one of their patients who felt they should've been born blind, though I didn't click the link for the reference. Given what they're saying I imagine they're cherry-picking their evidence anyway.

As Frumple said about media distorting the case, during the article I read the first sentence referred to Wolshct as a pervert, and never pointed out that Wolscht left his family because they were unsupportive or what not, just that he left his wife and kids to live as a 6 year old girl and has a sexual relationship with the adoptive father (again, no idea if it's true, just what the article stated)

It was just the sort of transition between the various things that bothered me the most. They started with transgender and transagist, two things that are reasonably easy to get your head round. Then moved on to transspecies, which is slightly less so, but relative to the others, okay. Then transable, which was couched in "if they can accept the other trans- arguments, the liberals have to accept this as normal too!"

Then into the whole homosexuality is the same as bestiality is the same as incest is the same as pedophila nonsense, using the argument "if they say "you love who you love" for homosexuality, they have to accept it for the others too!" because obviously every argument anyone ever makes is absolute, with no grey areas between the white and black on the two-sided scale.

I stopped reading it shortly after that. Something about teaching kids sex ed in kindergarten and giving contraceptives to 6th graders and then saying the important things - faith and family - are left out. I (at least like to tell myself I) don't like to judge people, but man, that was some horribly prejudiced shit.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97477 on: February 28, 2016, 12:59:45 pm »

Eh, he's got a point: If 'you love who you love' is a valid argument, then you have to accept zoophilia along with homosexuality.

Nobody's ever given me a good argument for rejecting zoophilia though, mind you.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #97478 on: February 28, 2016, 01:10:47 pm »

You love who you love, but who you love might not love you. Or be mature enough to love you. Or understand what love is. Safe, sane, consensual, folks.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #97479 on: February 28, 2016, 01:11:12 pm »

'Bout the best one is harm to the animal, really. 'Course that mostly only applies to ~half the human race, and can be largely/entirely mitigated beside, but... yeah. Basically much the same reason we have underage laws -- a lot of the time there's a non-negligible amount of risk of harm (bit more complicated with consent et al involved, but eh), to the point it's not really worth it from a administrative/legal point of view to allow for exceptions.

... 'course, that concern for harm flies in the face of the whole "We're okay with cooking and eating them" thing (and what we do to hunting animals, vermin catchers, etc., etc.), but... s'kinda' hard to really expect much coherency/consistency from most folks on the subject of sex *shrugs*
Ask not!
Ask!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #97480 on: February 28, 2016, 01:12:32 pm »

An argument against zoophilia could be the impossibility of consent, I guess.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #97481 on: February 28, 2016, 01:15:02 pm »

Not a very good one, though. We care about consent from animals in regards to pretty much nothing, up to killing them, eating them, inciting them to get maimed (not even talking fighting, just hunting dogs, ferex, get badly hurt quite often), using them for medical experimentation, etc., etc., etc. Doesn't make much sense in the face of that to believe consent in one specific area actually matters.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97482 on: February 28, 2016, 01:24:28 pm »

Zoophilia can almost always be interpreted as animal abuse.
I'm quite sure sex with dogs or cats can't be consensual... but then again i think i saw an image with a male horse having his way with some guy back when i still browsed chans... so i guess this shit indeed happens from both sides.

The misguided sexual drives of some people are pretty damn creepy.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97483 on: February 28, 2016, 01:29:21 pm »

Pretty clearly heard my stepdad tell my mom to tell me to stop doing something that very clearly falls under the category "Basic Hygiene" because he thinks it's disgusting. The fact that he considers basic cleanliness to be disgusting actually does explain a whole lot, really.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #97484 on: February 28, 2016, 01:31:25 pm »

I was watching a video of some Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, and it's making me want to get into competitive Starcraft. Whut. Arx, that's not your skillset! You do not do the insane micro stuff!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 6497 6498 [6499] 6500 6501 ... 10983