Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6499 6500 [6501] 6502 6503 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13170181 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #97500 on: February 28, 2016, 06:09:46 pm »

Just call it Plex.

As in, Googolplex.
That's... a pretty decent idea. Someone should forward this to Google.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97501 on: February 28, 2016, 06:31:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure buggering them is better compared to torture than to ear snipping. Also, I believe they're pretty much a necessary part of the human diet, to the point where if you don't eat them, you get vitamin deficiency. I'm not sure if one can provide the whole human population with vitamin supplements,  and franky I'm a little too tired to look it up.
Dude, over the past decade I've had <100g of meat, and I'm still alive and kickin'. You're thinking of vegans.

But yeah, I guess the main counterargument to the consent thing is: No sane person would ever look at two humping dogs and say 'Oh no, they're, like, raping the shit out of each other!'
And anyway there is such a thing as implied consent. If I get naked and point my erection at you, you can assume pretty safely that there's implied consent for bumping uglies. Why shouldn't the same apply to a dog who comes up to you and starts humping your leg? Basically you're just offering a better place for him to hump. (The genderflipped version is slightly more complicated, of course, but the same principle applies.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #97502 on: February 28, 2016, 06:32:10 pm »

Why do we need to humanize the machines?

This is how it starts...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97503 on: February 28, 2016, 06:34:28 pm »

I'm pretty sure buggering them is better compared to torture than to ear snipping. Also, I believe they're pretty much a necessary part of the human diet, to the point where if you don't eat them, you get vitamin deficiency. I'm not sure if one can provide the whole human population with vitamin supplements,  and franky I'm a little too tired to look it up.
Dude, over the past decade I've had <100g of meat, and I'm still alive and kickin'. You're thinking of vegans.

But yeah, I guess the main counterargument to the consent thing is: No sane person would ever look at two humping dogs and say 'Oh no, they're, like, raping the shit out of each other!'
And anyway there is such a thing as implied consent. If I get naked and point my erection at you, you can assume pretty safely that there's implied consent for bumping uglies. Why shouldn't the same apply to a dog who comes up to you and starts humping your leg? Basically you're just offering a better place for him to hump. (The genderflipped version is slightly more complicated, of course, but the same principle applies.
The genderflipped is a LOT worse, except maybe with massive animals.
One wheel short of a wagon

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97504 on: February 28, 2016, 06:35:19 pm »

It depends. But before we proceed, let me ask you: Are you really prepared to do quantitative interspecies penile comparatistics?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #97505 on: February 28, 2016, 06:36:56 pm »

Why do we need to humanize the machines?

This is how it starts...
It's easily avoidable with liberal application of the Three Laws.

I'm more worried about people thinking that AIs deserve human rights for some stupid reason.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97506 on: February 28, 2016, 06:37:54 pm »

It depends. But before we proceed, let me ask you: Are you really prepared to do quantitative interspecies penile comparatistics?
That's a dangerous question to ask someone. Are you?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97507 on: February 28, 2016, 06:38:32 pm »

I was born ready.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #97508 on: February 28, 2016, 06:41:13 pm »

The genderflipped is a LOT worse, except maybe with massive animals.
No, it's even worse with massive animals. I literally grimaced in disgust when I imagined someone fucking a literal Hippo. I mean, no, just... no. I mean like, yeah fucking a cat would be horrible and so on, but people have been fucking things like sheep and goats since times immemorial, so I guess if someone enjoys it, it's their own problem.

Though I am certainly not the best person to speak about this stuff because the thought of actually attractive girl doing... stuff with a horse gives me mixed feelings.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97509 on: February 28, 2016, 06:42:38 pm »

I was talking from the animals point of view. Whether you visit the hippo enclosure or the goat pen for a spot of "how's your father" is more of a personal preference thing.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #97510 on: February 28, 2016, 06:43:43 pm »

A hippo is far more likely to just brutally murder you. They're not actually cuddly little fattys, they're dangerous and aggressive as shit.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97511 on: February 28, 2016, 06:45:27 pm »

Yes, but the horizontal force at crotch level exerted by an angry goat with horns is also a consideration, I'd say.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:49:19 pm by NJW2000 »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #97512 on: February 28, 2016, 06:47:05 pm »

A hippo is far more likely to just brutally murder you. They're not actually cuddly little fattys, they're dangerous and aggressive as shit.
I guess that's the problem with kind of all big animals. Sticking a dick in the elephant doesn't seem like a good idea too (though it wouldn't feel anything proably).
Yes, but the horizontal force at crotch level exerted by an angry goat is also a consideration, I'd say.
Whatever you do, just don't try oral sex. Goats eat fucking metal.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #97513 on: February 28, 2016, 06:48:13 pm »

Honestly this is getting into being a pretty distasteful topic. ... Especially now that people are semi describing acts.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #97514 on: February 28, 2016, 06:52:42 pm »

It's the WTF thread, what did you expect, honestly?

This thread.
Pages: 1 ... 6499 6500 [6501] 6502 6503 ... 10983