Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6530 6531 [6532] 6533 6534 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13187862 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #97965 on: March 07, 2016, 05:37:22 am »

On the teev right now, an Australian football team is facing off against DPRK. 
I'm not sure why, but I just find it surprising to see the latter taking part in an international sport tournament.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #97966 on: March 07, 2016, 06:37:23 am »

Probably because the country's ridiculously isolationist.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97967 on: March 07, 2016, 08:04:21 am »

And because there's a pretty decent chance that the athletes will take the opportunity to run the hell away somewhere :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97968 on: March 07, 2016, 09:13:57 am »

Not sure if I should laugh or cringe in terror.

There was another smattering of vomit all over the mens' bathroom one day, and unidentified brown liquid today. In general its a cesspit, but sometimes it all happens at once.

Pretty sure that brown liquid is pretty identifiable. Seems weird as hell to be forced to give a refund for a partially-consumed pack of cigarettes. Even weirder for the guy whose wife died of tobacco-related illness to demand something so petty.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #97969 on: March 07, 2016, 01:14:16 pm »

And because there's a pretty decent chance that the athletes will take the opportunity to run the hell away somewhere :v

I seem to remember reading somewhere that NK essentially holds the families of athletes hostage, with the implication that if they defect the family will be executed or sent to a labor camp (which is more or less just a slow way of executing them).

A cursory google search can't find anything more than speculation though, so maybe I'm misremembering.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #97970 on: March 07, 2016, 01:32:31 pm »

I've seen that around somewhere.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #97971 on: March 07, 2016, 03:38:02 pm »

A 105% crit chance in XCOM 2 didn't crit.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97972 on: March 07, 2016, 03:51:33 pm »

I guess you could say it was a...

...8)...

...Crit fail.
Booze is Life for Yoink

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #97973 on: March 07, 2016, 04:25:28 pm »

I like how it dodges only several seconds after the burst.

"Wait, you were actually trying to hit me with that? Well, uh, BEND LEFT!"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #97974 on: March 07, 2016, 04:28:17 pm »

I like how it dodges only several seconds after the burst.

"Wait, you were actually trying to hit me with that? Well, uh, BEND LEFT!"
Well at least the shots actually swing to miss the alien now, back in XCOM EW/EU the shots would just rip right through the forehead of whatever alien you were aiming at, then 4 seconds later they'd somehow retroactively dodge them. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #97975 on: March 07, 2016, 04:33:58 pm »

Not sure if I should laugh or cringe in terror.

There was another smattering of vomit all over the mens' bathroom one day, and unidentified brown liquid today. In general its a cesspit, but sometimes it all happens at once.

Pretty sure that brown liquid is pretty identifiable. Seems weird as hell to be forced to give a refund for a partially-consumed pack of cigarettes. Even weirder for the guy whose wife died of tobacco-related illness to demand something so petty.

Could have been chocolate milk some kid had dropped for all we know.
Also, the guy returned several cartons. And they were really expensive cigarettes to boot. He got like $200 back, and he had a receipt. We're supposed to take any return with a receipt of unopened cartons/packs, no excuse needed. Usually tho its because someone screwed up (often enough the customer for verbally asking for something other than what they intended to.) and the customer didnt notice until they got home.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97976 on: March 07, 2016, 04:47:29 pm »

A 105% crit chance in XCOM 2 didn't crit.

"Yeah, I'm gonna shoot this alien in the face- THAT BUSH MUST DIE!!!"
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97977 on: March 07, 2016, 05:33:54 pm »

I just remembered something from earlier today. I went to the dollar store to buy some stuff, and posted on the window outside was something that looked like a photocopy of a local newspaper, only it was some article about chemtrails and stating that the government was dropping nanomachines that are causing climate change and killing us all and suggesting that the pilots flying the planes dropping these government-issued climate-changing poisonous nanite chemtrails were all terrorists. Around the edges of the page were various handwritten, but still part of the photocopy, were various captions including one linking the Zika virus to Bill Gates. While the words "Wake up" were on the page, I forgot to check if it was followed by "people!" or "sheeple!"

I'm going to assume it was horribly faked, since I'm looking at the website for the paper and the content is quite sane and searching the site for "chemtrails" finds nothing. I should probably contact the newspaper and inform them of this. I would have also asked the store about whoever posted this, but I was ambushed by two guys who claimed to work there but weren't wearing the uniform and I didn't recognize and tried to get me to sign up for a free phone. I didn't recognize the guy who rang me up, either.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97979 on: March 07, 2016, 07:34:56 pm »

Just saw this television station refer to David Attenborough (spl?) as "The 'Bro".
That's right, David AttenBRO. Good grief.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 6530 6531 [6532] 6533 6534 ... 10983