Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6572 6573 [6574] 6575 6576 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13190276 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #98595 on: March 16, 2016, 09:17:33 pm »

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:31:02 pm by penguinofhonor »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #98596 on: March 16, 2016, 09:20:20 pm »

I'm surprised Toady One is the number one starter of forum threads. I mean sure, he posts updates every month or so, but I didn't think it'd amount to that many in the end of things.
He used to start loads of threads, actually--he was super-duper active in the earlier days. I flicked through his post history one time and found a massive amount of casual conversation with Slaves to Armok I players.

Aaahh... Slaves to Armok I.

I actually played it for a short time you know. Couldn't figure it out (all I managed to do reliably was to use something called "explodomancy") but it looked very promising. Open world, RNG...

Of course if it hadn't been scrapped we wouldn't have gotten DF, which I very much prefer. Particularily in its current incarnation, I tend to gravitate towards being a librarian fortress-keeper, and don't keep actual dwarvish armies, relying on mercs instead.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98597 on: March 16, 2016, 09:23:10 pm »

Neonivek, 12 isn't large...
It's roughly around average for a lower-boarder. Your postcount is obscene.

12 is average for a lower boarder? That seems suspect, especially in light of the many people who only very rarely post. What's the source on this? Because I'm honestly interested in where you got that.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98598 on: March 16, 2016, 09:24:04 pm »

I wonder if MNII has those stats.  They have a spreadsheet...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #98599 on: March 16, 2016, 09:24:47 pm »

Neonivek, 12 isn't large...
It's roughly around average for a lower-boarder. Your postcount is obscene.

12 is average for a lower boarder? That seems suspect, especially in light of the many people who only very rarely post. What's the source on this? Because I'm honestly interested in where you got that.
Out his ass. Why do you think it's called shitposting? :P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #98600 on: March 16, 2016, 09:25:06 pm »

I could maybe believe it if you were including FG&RP in that, cript. Wouldn't mind seeing the source to the statement as well, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98601 on: March 16, 2016, 09:29:47 pm »

I almost feel like it's somewhat of a natural cycle that many go though, where they go crazy and just post a lot of shit and then eventually ether burn out, get banned, or clam down and start posting less as a new generation comes and goes fucking crazy on the posts.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98602 on: March 16, 2016, 09:31:25 pm »

I almost feel like it's somewhat of a natural cycle that many go though, where they go crazy and just post a lot of shit and then eventually ether burn out, get banned, or clam down and start posting less as a new generation comes and goes fucking crazy on the posts.
Very true. I recall a period when I rose through the ranks to become the third highest posting person on the site in around a year, and then I kinda slowed down.
Sig! Onol

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98603 on: March 16, 2016, 09:31:49 pm »

That seems possible.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #98604 on: March 16, 2016, 09:34:12 pm »

Apologies for my semi-redundancy, but I can confirm this is what I went through exactly--there was a time when he believed him but then as he got oldered he stopped I posted as much as possible, making replies to everything I could, dipping my metaphorical toes into all of the forum games I could find. But maybe a year or so after I started that, I just... dropped off. Stopped posting as much. Started lurking GD, most of my posts coming from the thicker (D&D, more complex roleplay, etc.) threads in FG&RP.

Around then is when I noticed that TBF posts like mad.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98605 on: March 16, 2016, 09:37:28 pm »

Huh... maybe I should have seen a doctor about my injured (possibly broken or fractured) toe.
Now it seems to have healed, or at least stopped hurting, but it's... kinda misshapen.   :-[
It's not that big a deal, but I used to have beautiful toes, especially the big one, and now one of them looks like the fuckin' Quasimodo of the Toe World.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #98606 on: March 16, 2016, 09:38:08 pm »

We should ask MNII, they've got stats!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98607 on: March 16, 2016, 09:39:47 pm »

We should ask MNII, they've got stats!
I already mentioned that...

@Yoink:  :( *pats*
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98608 on: March 16, 2016, 09:41:02 pm »

Huh... maybe I should have seen a doctor about my injured (possibly broken or fractured) toe.
Now it seems to have healed, or at least stopped hurting, but it's... kinda misshapen.   :-[
It's not that big a deal, but I used to have beautiful toes, especially the big one, and now one of them looks like the fuckin' Quasimodo of the Toe World.
Why didn't you see a doctor earlier, again?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98609 on: March 16, 2016, 09:42:36 pm »

Sounds like you broke it but the bone fused back together badly. Now there's probably no way to get that fixed bar breaking it again, if that even works on extremities.

My sympathies, though you should've gone to a doctor about it.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 6572 6573 [6574] 6575 6576 ... 10984