Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6595 6596 [6597] 6598 6599 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13005631 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #98940 on: March 22, 2016, 04:47:47 pm »

Y?
Best way to stop people from getting shot is to give them guns
I meant why post facepalm
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98941 on: March 22, 2016, 04:50:30 pm »

because the obvious solution to school shootings is to give all the students guns. nothing could ever go wrong i see nothing possibly wrong with this plan...sssssssssaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrccccccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98942 on: March 22, 2016, 04:53:18 pm »

HOW?! I'd rather give them armor.
I wish we had rad power armor too.  Power armor is so cool.

But like, the logic's pretty reasonable.  A gun or two in the right hands can cut a murder-spree short, and it discourages cowardly murderers from making the attempt in the first place.

Of course it raises all sorts of dangers itself...  Probably a net fail.
I'd rather make it less trivial for criminals to get guns in the first place.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98943 on: March 22, 2016, 04:53:34 pm »

when everyone or even a fair portion of te people have recieved background checks, registered their guns, has a permit on them as proof, and knows how to safely use/store/carry a gun this feels a lot like a kneejerk reaction
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98944 on: March 22, 2016, 04:56:36 pm »

Best way to stop people from getting shot is to give them guns
Yeah but then they can't defend themselves

when everyone or even a fair portion of te people have recieved background checks, registered their guns, has a permit on them as proof, and knows how to safely use/store/carry a gun this feels a lot like a kneejerk reaction
I 100% agree. Carrying deadly weapons around in public is totally safe, people are overreacting
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98945 on: March 22, 2016, 04:57:30 pm »

Most gun owners are decent or even good people...
But a criminal can still buy a gun at a gun show with no background check right?  So all the red tape barely helps.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #98946 on: March 22, 2016, 04:57:51 pm »

I could see a gun or two being accessible to staff (in a locker or something, like Poland had during the communist times) or if it's such a problem a security guy or two with them (it's still pretty dangerous to have a gun in school or something, but hey, they KINDA have a tiny bit of point, considering that mass shooters can't really mass shoot if they themselves are shoot before the mass thing happens), but students? I mean, uh, I'm pretty pro-guns but those shouldn't appear in schools.
There is not really any armour that could really protect you. Heavier vests would be, well, heavy and annoying while lighter ones wouldn't do shit, and I'm pretty sure people aren't going to sit in helmets during classes, and even then there is ton of places on your body that armour doesn't protect.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98947 on: March 22, 2016, 04:58:36 pm »

Right, because the black market exists we should ban guns.  Look how well it worked for drugs and booze
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98948 on: March 22, 2016, 05:01:58 pm »

My understanding is that gun shows legally bypass background checks?

I'm not jumping on the gun-hate bus, I just think it's bs that it's possible to legally get a gun without a background check.  Or maybe I don't understand the loophole at all.

Edit:  According to Politifact it looks like "gun show loophole" is a bit of a misnomer.  People can legally sell guns without having a federal license in some situations (including gun shows), and those people aren't required to perform a background check.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:05:21 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98949 on: March 22, 2016, 05:02:45 pm »

Right, because the black market exists we should ban guns.  Look how well it worked for drugs and booze
Guns are hard to make without a proper factory setup. Booze and drugs are much easier. I could do it in my kitchen sink.

You want to reduce gun violence? Reduce saturation of guns. Like basically every other Western country.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98950 on: March 22, 2016, 05:04:32 pm »

Prohibition in a country where most of the citizens don't already do it isn't a law that'll work. Drugs... even if they're illegal, people will still try and get them if they're addicted. So people will keep selling drugs because of that.

But as far as I know, guns aren't physically or psychologically addictive.

Perhaps a bit habit-forming, though, I guess.
One wheel short of a wagon

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98951 on: March 22, 2016, 05:06:16 pm »

I only saw the URL and not the article, but I'm already imagining the Picard facepalm mixed with that episode of TNG where Worf or whoever flies through some quantum clusterfuck and causes Enterprises from infinite alternate realities to start spawning... only it's just the Picard facepalm.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #98952 on: March 22, 2016, 05:36:39 pm »

Guns are hard to make without a proper factory setup. Booze and drugs are much easier. I could do it in my kitchen sink.

Guns are trivial to make. All it takes is some rudimentary machine tools, which can be obtained for extremely low cost.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98953 on: March 22, 2016, 05:46:03 pm »

Guns are trivial to make. All it takes is some rudimentary machine tools, which can be obtained for extremely low cost.

Heck, people have 3D printed guns out of nothing but plastic.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98954 on: March 22, 2016, 05:49:09 pm »

But those are about as practical as aforementioned muzzle-loading replicas. You're not going to get far trying to kill people with one.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 6595 6596 [6597] 6598 6599 ... 10974