Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6621 6622 [6623] 6624 6625 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13187861 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99330 on: March 27, 2016, 05:14:34 pm »

No, no, you could argue computers were just a fad in '00. You would have just been grotesquely ignorant and almost violently wrong :V

... it's worth noting that in '00, my local school system had something like one full time IT worker for the entire county (and I think maybe one part time one). So, uh. Yeah. Four or five schools, total IT support for all administration and classes, one person.

The person in question... he didn't have a computer at home. At all. I don't think he even had a TV. After work, guy was basically just, "Yeah, fuck technology." It was a thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #99331 on: March 27, 2016, 07:26:31 pm »

Fold it up and eat it like a taco, that's how.
Some people are sadly uncultured enough to have never had proper pizza, so they don't even know that that's possible.
but fd, if you fold a slice of pizza all the sauce on top will run off
Either you're folding it in the wrong direction, you're not using enough cheese, or you're using WAY too much sauce.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #99332 on: March 27, 2016, 07:31:26 pm »

Pizza that can be folded is an abomination anyway, why quibble over details.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99333 on: March 27, 2016, 07:34:36 pm »

But some would argue that so is pizza that can't be bent.
Checkmate, vegans.
The Cyan Menace

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99334 on: March 27, 2016, 07:44:03 pm »

Either you're folding it in the wrong direction, you're not using enough cheese, or you're using WAY too much sauce.
if you don't, in defiance of god and man, put the sauce atop the cheese, then the pizza will burn in the skillet in case i've been being too obtuse, here's the joke
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99335 on: March 27, 2016, 07:45:39 pm »

i am probably like 100% terrible at cooking. cant even make a proper fried egg :v (that is, one that doesnt look like a scrambled egg, theyre edible alright)
Simplest thing in the world. Get a smallish skillet, spray with a bit of cooking spray or drop in a pat of butter (more if it's not a non-stick pan, less if it is). Get that up to medium heat, crack the egg in, put a lid over the skillet. Once the white's gone solid, flip it with a spatula and let it cook for no more than one minute more. Bam, one egg over medium with chewy, solid whites and a gooey yolk. Take it off faster for over easy (i.e. yolk everywhere once you pierce that fucker) or a little slower for a solid yolk.

That's like 5 minutes including prep, it's healthy, and with good eggs and a bit of pepper plenty tasty as well.

I mean, there's a lot of easy shit you can cook with nothing but a skillet and a spatula or wooden spoon, and a pot of some sort if you want rice/beans/pasta/lentils to put it over.

Angelhair spaghetti's even easier: bring a pot of water to a boil with the lid on, dump in however much you want with a handful of salt, turn it down to a simmer, and maybe five minutes later it's done. Toss it with a bit of olive oil, minced garlic, and pepper, or alternatively butter, salt, and pepper. Shit's easy as hell, cheap as dirt, filling, and a lot better than fast food.

Seriously, ask parental units about stuff that's easy to make. I guarantee they'll be happy about it if they aren't just miserable assholes in general. That, and knowing how to cook well is one of the easiest ways to secure a SO or a place in a circle of friends.

if you don't, in defiance of god and man, put the sauce atop the cheese, then the pizza will burn in the skillet in case i've been being too obtuse, here's the joke

You were. But "pizza" and "skillet" in the same sentence makes me want to physically harm something.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99336 on: March 27, 2016, 07:49:24 pm »

Everyone knows you're supposed to dig up a sizable rock from your own garden, and use it without washing first in the oven to cook pizza.
But rarely anyone ever does it, probably because sizable rocks are hard to find in your own garden.
The Cyan Menace

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99337 on: March 27, 2016, 08:07:16 pm »

If you live in an old enough city you could give a try at jackhammering up a cobblestone or chunk of brickwork. Good luck explaining that to the authorities, though.

3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99338 on: March 27, 2016, 08:16:49 pm »

Skillet pizza? This is a thing? There are people who do this?  :o

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99339 on: March 27, 2016, 08:18:11 pm »

People who are wrong.

3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99340 on: March 27, 2016, 08:24:19 pm »

Skillet pizza? This is a thing? There are people who do this?  :o
Let me open your mind to a wondrous world of casseroles. They're actually quite good >___>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99341 on: March 27, 2016, 08:25:53 pm »

If you live in an old enough city you could give a try at jackhammering up a cobblestone or chunk of brickwork. Good luck explaining that to the authorities, though.
Here in Christchurch you can literally just go outside and pick up chunks of ruined buildings or road.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99342 on: March 27, 2016, 08:29:02 pm »

Yeah Raleigh had plenty of crumbling stone and brickwork too.  I don't understand alchemy cooking enough to know why a hot stone is so much better than a normal oven baking, but I'm sure it is.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #99343 on: March 27, 2016, 08:31:43 pm »

It's mostly not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99344 on: March 27, 2016, 08:33:59 pm »

Yeah Raleigh had plenty of crumbling stone and brickwork too.  I don't understand alchemy cooking enough to know why a hot stone is so much better than a normal oven baking, but I'm sure it is.
For whatever reason, this reminded me of Oblivion. Probably because it was possible to make potions from ordinary foodstuffs, now that I think about it.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 6621 6622 [6623] 6624 6625 ... 10983