Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6627 6628 [6629] 6630 6631 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13204885 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99420 on: March 29, 2016, 04:26:30 pm »

Yeah, but you also don't have to be in school, & debt for 8 years of school from that, plus lost wages for that time.

You want to know the smartest son of a bitch I've seen recently? He's 35 years old, started in a factory at 18. He learned all he could about the place and finished a degree in business with a minor in engineering through night school, learning all he could about inventory and machine operations, and logistics. It took him 6 or 7 years part time but he did it by the time he was 24 or 25.

Then he got promoted to production supervisor, and he also got a second job on a different shift.

Now he's the plant manager and has been for a few years, plus he occasionally does some stuff on the side by picking up partial shifts at another place he worked at.

The son of a bitch is bulletproof. He can walk into pretty much any shop and get a job whenever he wants. CNC, Machining, Stamping, warehousing, basic accounting, metalwork, wielding, you name it, he does it. They know he knows his stuff at his job. He as several other places he's worked at an occasionally works at now and then as a sort of side gig when they need him. He could walk off a job and get one in an hour. He works a lot, but he clears 80K to 100K (adjust for cost of living in area) easily with no debt and owns his own home. If he wants extra money, then he can work more. Plus he's smart about being a utilitarian.

On a personal note he has that totally handsome as hell rough look about him and I wish he found people like me attractive, but he goes for the more manly men. Go figure. [sigh].
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #99421 on: March 29, 2016, 05:19:45 pm »

Oh yeah I know. I couldn't be lawyer and I couldn't work 80 hours a week.  That path ends in me having a mental breakdown (granted I'm not exactly a model of health right now).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #99422 on: March 29, 2016, 05:30:50 pm »

I just want to make it clear I never intended to be complaining in that last post and certainly didn't want to come across as down on anyone.

The real irony? Now if my resume lists the law degree and stuff: "overqualified." Figures.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99423 on: March 29, 2016, 05:53:38 pm »

I still think a good 40% of your problems would be solved by moving out of the US
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #99424 on: March 29, 2016, 06:14:59 pm »

Don't spread that idea, OW. If Americans start leaving their country en masse, they might come here.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #99425 on: March 29, 2016, 06:16:41 pm »

Don't spread that idea, OW. If Americans start leaving their country en masse, they might come here.

Only the sensible ones, though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #99426 on: March 29, 2016, 06:19:25 pm »

They would just die off being unable to accustom to metrics and common sense. Just imagine, piles of dead Americans rotting in ditches along the roads... but that's proably pretty bad they would spread dieases this way, so yeah stay in America please.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99427 on: March 29, 2016, 06:26:07 pm »

I could have sworn I pressed 'snooze' and not 'dismiss'... but here I am, having gone back to sleep and woken up a couple of hours later. >.>

Edit: Most of the Americans I met (in their native habitat, no less) seemed pretty cool.
I was going to say they probably would have fit in pretty well here, but thinking of it I'm not too sure. Maybe not with my circle... but then again, maybe they would. I just wish they could bring their booze prices with them if they did decide to move over here. :'(
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 06:29:37 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99428 on: March 29, 2016, 06:38:29 pm »

All these courses on how to do things at local community centres. With age limits preventing any adults missing life-skills from being able to get them.

I am 23 and cannot cook. The basic cooking class at my local rec centre has an age limit of 15.

All the adult courses are aimed at intermediate chefs who want to learn more exotic dishes, and must have experience to enroll.

Also dance classes. Countless dance classes. I'm not interested in joining those.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99429 on: March 29, 2016, 06:43:09 pm »

All these courses on how to do things at local community centres. With age limits preventing any adults missing life-skills from being able to get them.

I am 23 and cannot cook. The basic cooking class at my local rec centre has an age limit of 15.
That seems counterproductive. You could probably just turn up anyway and they might let you join in.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99430 on: March 29, 2016, 06:45:02 pm »

Try looking for how to cook on YouTube and see if you find anything informative?

If not, open a cooking thread here and we can offer advice.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99432 on: March 29, 2016, 06:55:19 pm »

The centre's courses seem a little strange. In addition to the countless dances and exotic foodery, there is a casual guitar jam. Where you just show up to casually play guitar. You must bring your own equipment. You have to pay to enter this 'program'.

And lots of art classes, but not one of them is meant for beginners. They are all "make super realistic pictures with charcoal/glitter/a pencil/whatever" meant for people who can already do that stuff.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99433 on: March 29, 2016, 07:20:08 pm »

Do a dancing class, that would be fun. Depending on what kind of dancing it teaches, I suppose.
But yeah, that is a rather strange combination...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99434 on: March 29, 2016, 07:27:06 pm »

open a cooking thread here
HMMM... WE SURE COULD USE ONE OF THOSE.

:P

I'm disappointed that I actually need to say "probably in life advice" and "not a pictures of your cooking masterpieces thread."
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 6627 6628 [6629] 6630 6631 ... 10984