Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 10978

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13116390 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #2250 on: October 28, 2011, 12:05:52 pm »

Playing UFO: Afterlight. The martians attacked one of my territories. So I go over there, enter the map, and wait for the ungodly amout of mechs and martians to come at me. Nothing comes, so I send someone to scout. Turns out all the "Enemies" were the martians pets.

Seriously, how does several runaway animals trigger a military response?!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: October 28, 2011, 12:23:02 pm »

I'm dismissing crap, and I can't expect a 3 year old to see crap for the crap that it is, but someone who is a lot older, I can. It's the adolescent idolisation of camp I'm not comfortable with. However, since I have never seen the show, I'm not really qualified to comment on it, so I won't, beyond what I already just did :)
Idolization of camp is adolescent? O.o Nevermind that's not what's happening here (the show is legitimately compelling, not just campy humor).

But whatever, I don't want to look defensive, and this is the WTF thread not a debate one. Come to the pony thread and we'll answer any question you might have about why it's compelling and not just people getting hopped up on sparkles and rainbows.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: October 28, 2011, 02:45:34 pm »

Dwarf died crossing a river as it thawed. He drown.

He was CARRYING A LOG?! ???
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: October 28, 2011, 02:47:37 pm »

He was too busy hauling it to the stockpile to use it as a flotation device.
*Hugs*

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: October 28, 2011, 06:55:59 pm »

But whatever, I don't want to look defensive, and this is the WTF thread not a debate one. Come to the pony thread and we'll answer any question you might have about why it's compelling and not just people getting hopped up on sparkles and rainbows.
I'm aware it's all prejudice and ungrounded :)

Today I told my gf about "bronies". She was incredulous at first, but when I told her it was actually men liking the show she didn't believe me  ???

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: October 28, 2011, 07:22:22 pm »

I'm aware it's all prejudice and ungrounded :)

Today I told my gf about "bronies". She was incredulous at first, but when I told her it was actually men liking the show she didn't believe me  ???

Tell her to search any of the episodes on youtube and look at the demographics.  :P

In other news, I just spent close to fifteen minutes trying to find out why my keyboard wasn't working and was emitting beeping noises. As it turns out, the filter keys for computer-illiterate types with sausage fingers was turned on. After I spent fifteen minutes trying to figure out what was causing it, combing through my open programs and restarting my laptop twice, I checked that. No idea how it got switched on, unless I was visited by the troll fairy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: October 28, 2011, 07:44:07 pm »

I think it's like the bane of gamers everywhere Stickykeys.  It turns itself on if windows detects some anomalous keyboard input.  Such as crouching for 5 seconds in a shooter for stickykeys.

Don't quite know what triggers that one, but it is probably just the result of windows trying to be helpful and getting in the way.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: October 28, 2011, 07:46:54 pm »

You have to hit ctrl five times in rapid succession to activate stickykeys.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: October 28, 2011, 07:52:08 pm »

That was probably it then, I forgot what it actually was, because I disabled the damn thing years ago.  Anyway my point being it gets in the way and it killed me in FPSes because I usually had ctrl bound to crouch.  :P  (Now it's usually shift now that I'm used to wasd controls instead of old Doom2 controls)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: October 28, 2011, 08:07:28 pm »

I think it's like the bane of gamers everywhere Stickykeys.  It turns itself on if windows detects some anomalous keyboard input.  Such as crouching for 5 seconds in a shooter for stickykeys.

Don't quite know what triggers that one, but it is probably just the result of windows trying to be helpful and getting in the way.

Stickykeys dialog box is so loathed that it's the final boss of a videogame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6D9x4KMCGI

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: October 28, 2011, 08:15:17 pm »

That boss is awesome, but only to people who fucking hate Sticky Keys.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: October 28, 2011, 08:20:20 pm »

That boss is awesome, but only to people who fucking hate Sticky Keys.
WHO THE FUCK USES STICKY KEYS!?

Stickykeeeeeeyyyyyyssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* MetalSlimeHunt falls to his knees and shakes his fist at the sky.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: October 28, 2011, 08:59:02 pm »

He was too busy hauling it to the stockpile to use it as a flotation device.

His corpse is still firmly at the bottom of that river along with the oak log he was carrying while drowning.... Who chooses to drown. It's too stupid in too many ways to be real.... :P
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: October 28, 2011, 09:01:27 pm »

These are dwarves. I know trees that demonstrate greater intelligence.
Nothing important here, move along.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #2264 on: October 28, 2011, 11:00:46 pm »

Seriously, who the hell even uses StickyKeys?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 10978