Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13168205 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #3375 on: December 09, 2011, 09:47:23 pm »

I went out to some cheap restaurant with some people, and one of our orders got screwed up. So the chef came out and started shouting at the guy who ordered it, about how he was obviously wrong and should just shut up and eat what he got. Pretty funny, because he has a short fuse and we could tell that he was about five second from throwing it in her face when he got up and walked out. The whole situation was pretty WTFy, to the point of being hilarious.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: December 09, 2011, 10:32:09 pm »

WebOS is now open source.

...o...kay...??  ???
What was that supposed to be?

A mobile OS for phones and tablets and whatnot. HP spent $3Billion for it and then just turned it loose. O_o

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: December 09, 2011, 10:39:45 pm »

It sounds like HP has taken up the Valve approach to doing things. By making WebOS open source they have essentially outsourced their entire mobile OS R&D to the public. You reap what you sow, and HP has just sowed widespread freeform mobile OS development among thousands of people. It will get them new developments, show them where to find new potential employees of great skill, and it will never cost them a single dime ever again. Does that $3 Billion tag still sound like such a high price?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:41:43 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: December 09, 2011, 10:44:00 pm »

Isn't that basically what Google did with Android, though? So far most of the android news I've seen is either updates or patent attacks on it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: December 09, 2011, 10:49:36 pm »

It sounds like HP has taken up the Valve approach to doing things. By making WebOS open source they have essentially outsourced their entire mobile OS R&D to the public. You reap what you sow, and HP has just sowed widespread freeform mobile OS development among thousands of people. It will get them new developments, show them where to find new potential employees of great skill, and it will never cost them a single dime ever again. Does that $3 Billion tag still sound like such a high price?

Yes and no. WebOS could have had an impact in the market and made us/them (I am not affiliated with the WebOS team at all,) a boatload of money if they were patient with it. The Touchpad got axed after 48 days on the market because it was mostly mediocre and met with mediocre reviews. If the Touchpad crew specced it up as much as it was (in company) hyped, then it would have been a blockbuster. If advertisments ran for more than two weeks, it could have contended. If WebOS was more widespread, buzz could have been generated faster because people would know what it was.

*sigh* There was just so much potential...and it feels like they just gave up, and that makes me sad.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: December 09, 2011, 11:01:13 pm »

My brother is driving me nuts.  He's doing that thing where he tries to walk around really quietly so the voices can't hear him.  Instead, he's just as noisy as before, just slower.  And you can tell that he's very tense.  Which makes ME tense.

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: December 10, 2011, 05:47:38 pm »

Stayed up until 10:00 AM. Woke up at 3:20 PM.

WHY THE HELL DID I THINK THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA. I HAVEN'T EATEN FOR THE LAST 21 HOURS.
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: December 10, 2011, 05:48:42 pm »

21 hours? That's not exactly a long time.
*Hugs*

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: December 10, 2011, 06:30:22 pm »

I need to rebalance my sleeping schedule. Which will take a while. And finals are Wednesday for me.
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: December 10, 2011, 10:08:31 pm »

I just got Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars.

I noticed "Killing Floor" in my game library.

What the hell, steam? I'm a 12 year old kid, and you're offering me free time on a zombie game.

A damn scary zombie game, i might add.

>:|

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: December 11, 2011, 01:29:32 am »

It's fun. Still trying to get the rust out of my system with no luck though.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: December 11, 2011, 01:30:25 am »

What the hell, steam? I'm a 12 year old kid, and you're offering me free time on a zombie game.

wat

(1) KF is not scary.

(2) It's a Free Weekend.

(3) It's rated Mature, so you shouldn't even play it (although dorf fort is pretty freaky on the gore).

(4) I can't think of a forth thing to say.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: December 11, 2011, 01:34:53 am »

wat

(1) KF is not scary.

(2) It's a Free Weekend.

(3) It's rated Mature, so you shouldn't even play it (although dorf fort is pretty freaky on the gore).

(4) I can't think of a forth thing to say.
@1-4:Eeyup

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: December 11, 2011, 01:38:35 am »

All these 504s. What could they possibly mean????

E: And RIGHT when I posted this.. 504s!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 01:41:57 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 10983