Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13207936 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #4050 on: January 13, 2012, 03:40:37 am »

If you're going to fall asleep, pull over and take a nap. That's not a risk you should be taking. Ever.
This. If you have more than 15 min left to drive, you stop and nap.
Don't do this if it's the middle of the day, you're pale and the locals are afraid to knock on your window. I've been reported as a suicide before.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: January 13, 2012, 04:00:52 am »

That's pretty hilarious.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: January 13, 2012, 10:26:45 am »

If you're going to fall asleep, pull over and take a nap. That's not a risk you should be taking. Ever.
This. If you have more than 15 min left to drive, you stop and nap.
Don't do this if it's the middle of the day, you're pale and the locals are afraid to knock on your window. I've been reported as a suicide before.
buddy of mine got arrested for DUI even though he was sleeping in the parking lot, engine not even on, told the dumbass to take it as a DWI so he only had a few points knocked off and a big fine. Well no he dumb, took the DUI, lost his license, paid big fine, probation, classes. Then again he got busted in Boulder so i have sympathies for him.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: January 13, 2012, 10:41:37 am »

Yeah, well, the cops around here consider this pretty illegal, apparently. At least I've had them tell me I'm not allowed to before - when I'm tired, I need a 10 minute nap roughly every 25 minutes to keep me going. I remember I ended up getting woken up by cops 3 times in half an hour - first, I was kicked off the sholder of the highway after being told I could not take the 10 minute nap there I'd need to get home and he'd fine me if I did not leave immediately, and he didn't care how tired I was. Then I was kicked off the shoulder of the road off the highway by a different cop and told the same thing. And then I was kicked out of the parking lot I was sleeping in and accused of planning to rob the store and almost arrested.

So now I just load up on energy drinks and try to ignore the hallucinations.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: January 13, 2012, 01:18:31 pm »

No wonder you keep trying to get to Comet Island every Tuesday.
Love, scriver~

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #4055 on: January 13, 2012, 08:28:10 pm »

According to this article, men don't find women who are funny attractive. This makes me go "WTF" as personally I've always considered not just having a sense of humour but actually being funny a good quality in a woman. But hey, I also don't want to shag every woman I meet so apparently I'm in the minority of men in these matters...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 08:31:02 pm by MorleyDev »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: January 13, 2012, 10:47:43 pm »

Hmmm, interesting, I've never actually considered if I find comediennes attractive. I don't think I've ever known anyone female who was really good at cracking jokes. So I think it's hard to say if I find a comedienne attractive.
Although I have known one or two women who could crack a good joke sometimes and I did find that attractive. I also like proactive women, so I guess the answer would be yes?

Truthfully I haven't generally gotten along very well with the male comedians I've known though. It comes from being a comedian myself.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: January 13, 2012, 11:04:34 pm »

"Men see being funny as a male thing,"
HRRRRNG.

This really confused me. How could anyone just walk away from a question like that?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: January 13, 2012, 11:29:48 pm »

HRRRRNG.

This really confused me. How could anyone just walk away from a question like that?

By being an insensitive prick with no connection to the voting public? So for Romney, very easily.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: January 14, 2012, 01:29:15 am »

Do I get to burst into flames if I raeg too hard? That video put me pretty close.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: January 14, 2012, 01:32:09 am »

I'll be honest, The Newt describing Spanish as "the language of the ghetto" put me a lot closer than this.

3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: January 14, 2012, 01:33:37 am »

I didn't watch that one. I have no one handy to punch. Then again, Gingrich always does that to me.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: January 14, 2012, 01:34:15 am »

HRRRRNG.

By being an insensitive prick with no connection to the voting public? So for Romney, very easily.

That's it, he's the Republican Nominee and I've officially lost all faith in that party.
If he wins the election then I will have lost all faith in America too.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: January 14, 2012, 01:38:49 am »

To be fair, pretty much everything that comes out of his mouth makes me raeg. I just wish he had stayed out of the spotlight, because this publicity stunt his 'campaign' has turned into is equal parts pathetic and anger-inducing. At this point even his deluded mind has probably realized that he has no chance at all, so he's taking the opportunity to piss off as many people as possible, and add a few more twists to the dagger he planted in Romney's back.

HRRRRNG.

That's it, he's the Republican Nominee and I've officially lost all faith in that party.
If he wins the election then I will have lost all faith in America too.

*Double-take*

Wait, what? Seriously?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I honestly never thought that they'd get over their mild dislike for him. And it isn't as if any of the others could possibly have been better. But really, when did we slip over into Bizarro-world?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:41:29 am by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: January 14, 2012, 01:44:06 am »

According to this article, men don't find women who are funny attractive. This makes me go "WTF" as personally I've always considered not just having a sense of humour but actually being funny a good quality in a woman. But hey, I also don't want to shag every woman I meet so apparently I'm in the minority of men in these matters...

This is pretty weird.

For me, sense of humor and attractiveness have no interaction with each other.  Being funny makes me enjoy a person's company, without making them more or less desirable romantically.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 10984