Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996358 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #7080 on: March 27, 2012, 10:43:11 pm »

Someone should tell him to replace the toy helicopter with a ball thrown in the air and watch his mind disintegrate.

Also gravity doesn't affect clouds because they can move in any direction!!  Bulletproof logic.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:44:50 pm by Leafsnail »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: March 27, 2012, 10:45:39 pm »

I'm gonna invoke Poe's Law on this.

Probably someone acting stupid wanting to be internet famous, even if it's internet infamous.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: March 27, 2012, 10:51:37 pm »

(after reading Fenrir's edit)

So what's his explanation for the stars moving in the sky? The firmament?

It was never mentioned. I think it is just assumed that they are moving, but not the Earth.

I'm gonna invoke Poe's Law on this.

Probably someone acting stupid wanting to be internet famous, even if it's internet infamous.

Possible. He does have a website with bad formatting and oddball theories.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: March 27, 2012, 10:53:13 pm »

Unless you have a good reason for thinking he's a parodist I'm gonna stick with "genuine".  I'd expect a parodist/ attention seeker to be more focused on acting stupid and stuff rather than publishing mostly boring videos (music with windows movie maker slides, generic stuff about Jesus expressed through the medium of slideshows) on their channel and occasionally uploading one riddled with physics errors.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:54:53 pm by Leafsnail »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: March 27, 2012, 10:57:13 pm »

Sadly, even if this is a Poe video there are people who would believe it.

It was never mentioned. I think it is just assumed that they are moving, but not the Earth.
Problem with that idea is that the more distant objects (not sure how far we're talking about here, but for the sake of an argument we'll say Andromeda) would be moving much, much faster than the speed of light in a circle around the Earth. Pure insanity.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: March 27, 2012, 11:37:39 pm »

I think I would agree that this is not a joke. There are people on Youtube that think the world is about to end because the Mayans and the Bible said so, and they take the recent earthquake in Chile to be a sign of the “end times”, despite the fact that we have approximately 3,957 earthquakes every day, and this has been occuring for the last hundred years, and those are just the earthquakes that we have been able to detect. All of the tectonic activity and mountain ranges are proof that earthquakes are not a new trend.

Thinking that the Earth is not spinning is about as sensible.

...Okay. Thanks for making Christianity look like a collection ignoramuses. Most people think we're doing a fine job of it already. :P

I think everyone here understand that this is not your usual Christian. I may not approve of religion, but to suppose that Christians are necessarily stupid is—well, stupid.

I only wish that Catholics would admit they are polytheistic wannabe-cannibals that worship a zombie god. I might actually join if they did. It sounds dwarfy.

Jesus, "Jesus"

Jesus was a deity that occurs in the myths of The Catholic Church. Jesus was
most often depicted as a male hippy and was associated with ressurection and
salvation.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #7086 on: March 28, 2012, 01:43:23 am »

There are people on Youtube that think the world is about to end because the Mayans and the Bible said so...

That's another thing: The Bible doesn't say so. In fact, it says that "of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." I'll also refer to the "thief in the night" scripture.

And I think we had this whole "Mayan end of the world" spiel back in 2000, if I remember correctly. I think we can concur that the Mayans are either wrong or misunderstood.

"No, there's supposed to be a dance festival every time the calendar ends. Get it right!"

I suppose sensationalism combined with big Hollywood films trump reasoning sometimes, though.

Anyone know when they're going to start making those arks?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #7087 on: March 28, 2012, 05:34:03 am »

First, the mayans had different calanders by region.
Second, the calander ends because they were too lazy to write more. Might as well look at our 2012 calander- damn, we're doomed in 12-31!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: March 28, 2012, 05:39:49 am »

First, the mayans had different calanders by region.
Second, the calander ends because they were too lazy to write more. Might as well look at our 2012 calander- damn, we're doomed in 12-31!

Plus the whole MASSIVE discrepancy between calendars... The Mayan '2012' can be anywhere from 600 years ago to 200 years from now, at least.

Fucking idiots and their doomsday predictions. That bull has been going on for hundreds of years, how about people just live and worry about dying when it actually comes about. :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: March 28, 2012, 08:09:11 am »

Jesus, "Jesus"

Jesus was a deity that occurs in the myths of The Catholic Church. Jesus was
most often depicted as a male hippy and was associated with ressurection and
salvation.

So freakin' tempted to sig this...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: March 28, 2012, 11:19:57 am »

There was thread in the upper forums a year or so ago with Legends mode descriptions of real world gods/deity's. Or it was a derailed thread, not sure about that.
I really should have bookmarked it as it was hilarious :P.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: March 28, 2012, 11:27:50 am »

This is a blank sig.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: March 28, 2012, 11:29:15 am »

Hallelujah.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: March 28, 2012, 01:26:34 pm »

Here are the three Prairie Provinces, from biggest to smallest in terms of area:

1. Alberta
2. Saskatchewan
3. Manitoba

Isn't that completely counter-intuitive and backwards from what you'd expect? We're so spoiled by looking at Mercator-like projections that we forget that Manitoba's Hudson Bay coast is smaller than we think, or that southern Alberta is larger than we think.

(Though it should be noted that their areas aren't all that different; Alberta is bigger than Manitoba by about the area of the Bahamas.)

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 10973