Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] 900 901 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999131 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #13470 on: August 06, 2012, 11:33:54 pm »

I do that, and it's the only reason I'm alive. Be happy when you can, because it can always get worse. Might as well enjoy what you can. :D
The knowledge that your situation could be worse isn't very good motivation to live. In fact, it's a bit the opposite.

Sorry, I mistated.

I try for "I can make this better," instead of "Well I might get fucked EVEN HARDER!" as motivator.

I meant for it to sound more like that, but it's late and I just got done writing a massive wall of text for a fanfic.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13471 on: August 06, 2012, 11:58:51 pm »

Kaijyuu, I totally know where you're coming from.

I have friends who have had tremendously abusive parents and have gone through terrible divorces. I know some who have effectively been abandoned by their parents. Some whose families couldn't afford to feed them besides their school lunches. Some who got jumped and beaten up after high school for being gay. Some whose 13-year-old siblings got dragged into heroin.

I've got nothing even comparable to that stuff.

Just because you and Kaijyuu haven't had shitty things happen to you does not mean you should feel bad about feeling bad. It should only help you put it into perspective. If you have a shitty day, try to remember it could be worse and be happy about something in your day.
I do that, and it's the only reason I'm alive. Be happy when you can, because it can always get worse. Might as well enjoy what you can. :D

Yeah, I know. For a while it made me feel worse but I've gotten over that. I mean, I guess I really haven't gotten depressed in ages, so I might still feel like that, but I only really feel bad about it when I'm really sad and talking to one of the people I know who's worse off than me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13472 on: August 07, 2012, 08:21:18 am »

'Kay, so last night I picked up my glasses and there was this sizable looking scratch going diagonal across one of the lenses. Was seriously going "shit" looking at it. I've got another set of mostly functioning glasses, but the folks that made them royally fucked up and most of the outer bits of my vision aren't in focus because of whatever they screwed up with the lens -- gives me an absolutely massive headache within an hour or two of wearing them and kills my peripheral vision even more.

This morning... this morning, I took my fingernail and scratched at it a bit. Hope springs eternal, right? Maybe it'll come off, I joke to myself forlornly.

... it came off. Looked like a heavy scratch, felt like a scratch. Wasn't. Huh. Nae complaining, but that surprised me. A happy-ish WTF.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13473 on: August 07, 2012, 08:22:59 am »

Rule number one of fixing shit that looks scratched. Verify that the scratch is, in fact, a scratch :P
*Hugs*

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #13474 on: August 07, 2012, 08:35:41 am »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13475 on: August 07, 2012, 08:40:32 am »

Interesting fact: Barack and I have at least 98.5% the same DNA. It's like we're Identical!
Is this guy a chimpanzee? It's a whole lot more than that.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13476 on: August 07, 2012, 08:45:27 am »

Rule number one of fixing shit that looks scratched. Verify that the scratch is, in fact, a scratch :P
Ha, yeah... yeah. I will say, thinking on it, I'm actually pretty impressed by whatever the hell they did to scratch proof these things' lenses. Despite using the same ones for at least four years now and semi-regularly sleeping on them, they've somehow managed to come through without damage. S'honestly a lil'awe inspiring. S'like, what elder gods blood did they coat these lenses in? And, how do I get some for like my windshield.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13477 on: August 07, 2012, 08:58:27 am »

Interesting fact: Barack and I have at least 98.5% the same DNA. It's like we're Identical!
Or he's saying that Barack....yeah, you see where I'm going with that.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13478 on: August 07, 2012, 09:06:15 am »

Many a people in Day Z have a great fear of a specific place: Green Mountain. What strikes me odd is why everyone's afraid of it. The more stories I hear about the place, the more I want to go see for myself.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13479 on: August 07, 2012, 09:31:56 am »

Maybe he's just underestimating the amount of DNA humans share? /optimist

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13480 on: August 07, 2012, 09:41:44 am »

I was typing something up, when I just spewed this out for no reason (It is taken slightly out of context here, but still, it's just as WTF in context.)
...contemplating the fact that true nothingess is unstable. {So basically the fact that non-existence has a tendency to hiccup existence into being for no good reason from... Well, there aren't really any words to describe how this kind of thing works out, chronologically speaking, since the fact is that non-existence means not only no spatial dimensions, but also no temporal component, so time means absolutely diddly-squat, so everything could be said to happen all at once when talking about this hypothetical multiversal framework, but that still uses terminology that indicates some kind of chronology which is not the case because non-existence means no time which means nothing's happening/happened/is going to happen and everything's happening/happened/is going to happen, not necessarily in that order/lack thereof, which in and of itself is confusing as hell and... ARGH! Let's just sum it up as this: Shenanigans

All I have to say is what the fuck was I on?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #13481 on: August 07, 2012, 09:43:35 am »

Its ok, we all get possessed by timecube every once in a while.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13482 on: August 07, 2012, 10:03:21 am »

The best part is that Vorthon is right in that; probability people are so worked up by the concept that they say "fuck it, time's gonna just stop in the next few billion years"

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #13483 on: August 07, 2012, 10:12:39 am »

Maybe he's just underestimating the amount of DNA humans share? /optimist
Note that he said "At least." I'm guessing he doesn't actually know the amount of DNA humans share so he's just using the chimp statistic for convenience.
[/post]

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #13484 on: August 07, 2012, 02:44:09 pm »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/07/the-end-times-achievements-for-minesweeper/
Windows 8 will put achievements in Minesweeper and Solitaire. I'm starting to think Microsoft has a division whose purpose is to create satire of other divisions' work.
‘Xbox Windows’ is a title Microsoft’s hoping we’ll see a lot more of, as it tries to mash its two most famous brands into one in the hoping of direct-selling games on Windows 8 PCs and tablets. Under this new banner come Win, Minesweeper becomes the Metro-styled Microsoft Minesweeper and offers Achievements and Gamerscore points for such highly tactical endeavours as losing the game. Solitaire and Majong (that latter admittedly not much of a PC staple) will similar treatment, report the strange scientists on Xbox360Achievements.org.
Wow. Yeah, they definitely have an official satire division.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:45:53 pm by alway »
Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] 900 901 ... 10974