Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 914 915 [916] 917 918 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13002327 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #13725 on: August 11, 2012, 12:46:09 pm »

Obok Meatgod is what I assumed. That's usually "The Incident" discussed on this forum.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13726 on: August 11, 2012, 12:50:04 pm »

Thank you, Lectorog. I had just managed to cleanse that horror from my memory. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go throw up a bit.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13727 on: August 11, 2012, 12:55:18 pm »

Oh, come on, it's not that bad.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13728 on: August 11, 2012, 12:58:59 pm »

What's so bad about Obok Meatgod? I mean, the only thing I found remotely disgusting was the last part, and that wasn't even EXTREMELY bad.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13729 on: August 11, 2012, 01:02:20 pm »

It still makes me want to puke.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #13730 on: August 11, 2012, 01:27:44 pm »

What's so bad about Obok Meatgod? I mean, the only thing I found remotely disgusting was the last part, and that wasn't even EXTREMELY bad.
I'm not sure if there's anything worse that could have been done.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13731 on: August 11, 2012, 01:30:20 pm »

Oh yeah, just remembered: My grandmother's started swearing lately. Which is really, really weird. And funny.

Like a whole lot, and pretty much spontaneously? Or just kinda dropping f-bombs every so often? Cuz the first one could be a very serious issue.

Well, it's every now and again. And she hasn't really stepped up to the F-bomb level yet. It's mostly lesser curse words ATM.

Okay, cool. No need to panic or worry if its like that, but from what I understand, spontaneous and prolific cursing can be a sign of brain tumors. o.O So I was kinda worried about your grandma for a second there, which is wierd, as I've never met her. From what you say, she's probably just thinking your old enough to hear it now, or something similar.

Warning: This user is not a medical professional. This user does not know about medically stuff. If you suspect something may be wrong, get it checked out, don't listen to me.
Sudden changes in personality can be a sign of Alzheimer's :X  Couldn't hurt to get her looked at.  Unless she's just been having a bad week or something.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13732 on: August 11, 2012, 01:33:17 pm »

This Incident thing couldn't possibly be that bad. I mean, we had a kobold/goblin sex fortress story going on for a while. What could be worse than that?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13733 on: August 11, 2012, 01:52:52 pm »

Well, that's the first time I've heard of that. And hopefully it shall be the last. I refuse to have my mental image of kobolds as aderpable little critters who are occasionally badass be ruined.

Oh yeah, just remembered: My grandmother's started swearing lately. Which is really, really weird. And funny.

Like a whole lot, and pretty much spontaneously? Or just kinda dropping f-bombs every so often? Cuz the first one could be a very serious issue.

Well, it's every now and again. And she hasn't really stepped up to the F-bomb level yet. It's mostly lesser curse words ATM.

Okay, cool. No need to panic or worry if its like that, but from what I understand, spontaneous and prolific cursing can be a sign of brain tumors. o.O So I was kinda worried about your grandma for a second there, which is wierd, as I've never met her. From what you say, she's probably just thinking your old enough to hear it now, or something similar.

Warning: This user is not a medical professional. This user does not know about medically stuff. If you suspect something may be wrong, get it checked out, don't listen to me.
Sudden changes in personality can be a sign of Alzheimer's :X  Couldn't hurt to get her looked at.  Unless she's just been having a bad week or something.

Eep...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #13734 on: August 11, 2012, 01:53:18 pm »

we had a kobold/goblin sex fortress story going on for a while. What could be worse than that?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13735 on: August 11, 2012, 02:14:30 pm »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:23:56 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13736 on: August 11, 2012, 02:17:52 pm »

This is more of a "thing that made you anxious" bit. Totaled client's bill in major damn paper war today. He's not going to like it and he pretty much HAS to move to retainer if he's going to be able to afford a major knock down drag out corporate law fight. They can't beat him in the marketplace so they'll try to beat him in court.

If he does the $50,000 retainer, then that will knock this week's crazy paper war bill down from $1884.99 to ($50,000/12= 4166.66/4=) $1041.66. That's a savings on this week alone of $843.33. If you assume that's constant over the month, then you're saying that $843.33 x 4 = $3373.32 saved per month. Plus I'm signing on to do more work than I currently am.... That's a real, honest saving and money that'd I'd be giving up for security of a constant position with him.

There is some WTF though. I don't get how this isn't self evident for him. Jesus, I'm offering to cut my pay in half practically and take on more work. How the hell is he not begging me for this and jumping at the chance?
You 're suggesting it + He only gets better from it = It's a trap

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13737 on: August 11, 2012, 02:21:33 pm »

Fookunity.com has bit the dust! arrgh my files.!

Big muzzle blast of it I want one to plink 40gallon drums with and maybe a few rats. Slow mo could be bertter like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfDoQwIAaXg
1 million fps Slow Motion video of bullet impacts
 has Armour piercing bullets punching holes, you can see standard lead round liquidising on impact.
 1;50-2:00 bullet leaving muzzle
 2:00-2:30 bullets being shot?
 2:30-2:40 explosive going off
 2:50-3:10 Shooting glass
 3:10-4:10 Steel plate being punched
 4:10-4:25 Paper targets
 4:25-4:55 Airgun diablo Pellets Paper and Glass
 4:55- 6:20Hollow points in ballistic gelatin, imagine its your insides.
 6:20->Soft lead bullets splatting aginst steel plate

Camera is about $10,000 about same as a very pro rig for normal camera.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 02:23:47 pm by Lord Inquisitor »
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13738 on: August 11, 2012, 02:24:31 pm »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:23:31 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13739 on: August 11, 2012, 02:29:01 pm »

Fookunity.com has bit the dust! arrgh my files.!

Big muzzle blast of it I want one to plink 40gallon drums with and maybe a few rats. Slow mo could be bertter like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfDoQwIAaXg
1 million fps Slow Motion video of bullet impacts
 has Armour piercing bullets punching holes, you can see standard lead round liquidising on impact.
 1;50-2:00 bullet leaving muzzle
 2:00-2:30 bullets being shot?
 2:30-2:40 explosive going off
 2:50-3:10 Shooting glass
 3:10-4:10 Steel plate being punched
 4:10-4:25 Paper targets
 4:25-4:55 Airgun diablo Pellets Paper and Glass
 4:55- 6:20Hollow points in ballistic gelatin, imagine its your insides.
 6:20->Soft lead bullets splatting aginst steel plate

Camera is about $10,000 about same as a very pro rig for normal camera.

Not quite sure what your sentences say, but cool video.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 914 915 [916] 917 918 ... 10974