Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997572 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #17595 on: September 25, 2012, 10:40:23 pm »

Welp. We still have !!SCIENCE!! to fall back on I guess.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17596 on: September 25, 2012, 11:13:11 pm »

This happened. I suppose it was inevitable. Where do we go now? Stalin Style? Hitler Style?
Someone beat you to it.

At second glance, about two dozen people did. There's already a 10 hour version up.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:16:29 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17597 on: September 25, 2012, 11:17:51 pm »

See?! I told you guys earlier, it's the beginning of the end! Science is one twisted bitch, that's for sure.

Optogenetics in Mice
This totally won't be used by oppressive powerful governments as semi-mind control (eg. put you into a sleep state or any of the vast other things that it might end up being able to do) or as a targeted kill method (stopping hearts of "traitors" or escaped prisioners). Totally never going to happen.  :-\
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17598 on: September 25, 2012, 11:20:21 pm »

This happened. I suppose it was inevitable. Where do we go now? Stalin Style? Hitler Style?
Someone beat you to it.

At second glance, about two dozen people did. There's already a 10 hour version up.
* Sirus is cracking up

@ lemon10: Paranoia will destroy ya, dude. In order for that to work, they'd have to A) Inject the highly customized virus and B) Implant those fiber-optic light emitters in your head. Probably quite a lot of them, considering the size of the human brain.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17599 on: September 25, 2012, 11:25:01 pm »

My latest WTF: Whoah, I somehow managed to go to the local library, use the computer I'd booked, place money into my library card and then print out the document I came here to print? Without doing something stupid and making myself look like an utter moron?! :o WTF is with this sudden competence.

I imagine I'll trip over or something on the way home. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17600 on: September 26, 2012, 12:56:30 am »

Someone beat you to it.

* Sirus is cracking up

@ lemon10: Paranoia will destroy ya, dude. In order for that to work, they'd have to A) Inject the highly customized virus and B) Implant those fiber-optic light emitters in your head. Probably quite a lot of them, considering the size of the human brain.
I know there is no chance of it happening for decades and decades, and by the time it is practically possible with any degree of certainty there will probably be better methods out there, but it still is possible, and I could see China (since they are the only one besides the US that will have that level of knowhow, and I don't think the US will do something so PR stupid).
Especially setting it up to effect the heart, it wouldn't be that invasive (assuming the virus isn't that dangerous), and would be easily lethal without having to contain explosives or poison.

I can't deny that the technology to do that would be totally awesome.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17601 on: September 26, 2012, 12:58:34 am »

lemon, attempting to mind control your population is a good way to get a revolt on your hands. People will accept a lot of things, but I don't think they'll accept mind control.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17602 on: September 26, 2012, 01:04:29 am »

lemon, attempting to mind control your population is a good way to get a revolt on your hands. People will accept a lot of things, but I don't think they'll accept mind control.
But they're mind controlled, so they don't think rebellion in the first place!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17603 on: September 26, 2012, 01:06:52 am »

How do you get them mind-controlled in the first place? Remember, this thing requires targeted lab-created viruses and invasive surgery to implant the light sources. If a government started hauling people in to inject them with nasties and stick LEDs in their skull, the citizens are not gonna be happy about that.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17604 on: September 26, 2012, 01:10:33 am »

Not regular people, since none of the huge governments are (quite) that stupid.
Criminals (just in case they escape, or even as a alternative to prison), Suspected Terrorists they capture (but aren't able to prove are guilty).
I couldn't really see this happening in the US, but I could see China doing it (again, not to regular people, but to criminals and possibly subversives).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17605 on: September 26, 2012, 01:11:43 am »

How do you get them mind-controlled in the first place? Remember, this thing requires targeted lab-created viruses and invasive surgery to implant the light sources. If a government started hauling people in to inject them with nasties and stick LEDs in their skull, the citizens are not gonna be happy about that.
Simple: replace the sun with the light source. While outside the solar system.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17606 on: September 26, 2012, 01:32:41 am »

Make them stupid first. After 3 or so generations of reality shows, there should only be 3 people smarter than pigeons in your populace.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #17607 on: September 26, 2012, 07:26:54 am »

You listen to any doubleplus hardcore conspiracy theorist for a while. They're already doing it, man.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17608 on: September 26, 2012, 08:28:20 am »

Windows 8 professional.... What the fuck have they done!!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note windows server 2012 is nice.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17609 on: September 26, 2012, 08:34:34 am »

Everyone knows (or will know very soon) that Win8 is ridiculous and more than likely the crap version to balance out the usefulness of Win7 in Microsoft's making of Windows.

Whats new about the server version though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 ... 10973