Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1545 1546 [1547] 1548 1549 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13186183 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #23190 on: November 28, 2012, 03:28:51 pm »

Somebody stole a surveillance camera. Off the top of a telephone pole. And stole the DVR recorder and wireless gear that it broadcasted to.

Man, somebody REALLY didn't want to be watched.  ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23191 on: November 28, 2012, 03:42:23 pm »

Somebody stole a surveillance camera. Off the top of a telephone pole. And stole the DVR recorder and wireless gear that it broadcasted to.

FIGHT DA POWAH

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23192 on: November 28, 2012, 04:19:58 pm »

Oh YouTube, who you so crazy?
(...) "scientists" (note the similarity to "satanists")
First off, I will say that using the magic of google, I was able to locate the offending comment quoted here.

Second, I will use the logic of logic. Pope Says Evolution is real (lets not go to far into details, but true), Catholics must listen to pope. Therefore, catholics must listen to evolution. And yet, catholics have terrible rates for believing in evolution. Ho-hum. Use this in argument to accuse catholics of catholics of being terrible christians, and going to hell.

second, Is it only my city that seems to enjoy tieing sneakers to traffic lights? I never could figure that out.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23193 on: November 28, 2012, 04:25:06 pm »

second, Is it only my city that seems to enjoy tieing sneakers to traffic lights? I never could figure that out.
In my city the dealers use it as a sign to denote a crackhouse, or other area they 'own'.  You can tell at least what gang it is by the color, and minor differences in brand, secondary color, and even size denote different sects within said gang.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23194 on: November 28, 2012, 04:27:16 pm »

In my city the dealers use it as a sign to denote a crackhouse, or other area they 'own'.  You can tell at least what gang it is by the color, and minor differences in brand, secondary color, and even size denote different sects within said gang.
As I've seen these in the Upper East Side, I really doubt it has the same meaning.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23195 on: November 28, 2012, 04:33:13 pm »

Scrap.

Scrap is everywhere, and people LOVE IT!
Nah, the prevailing thought is that the primary suspect they were surveilling did it (or got some buddies to do it). Thing is, the recorder and wireless gear were hidden in a nearby building and locked away. Which makes me think somebody in the local law enforcement they were working with is dirty, because I don't see how the perp would have known where the gear was otherwise.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #23196 on: November 28, 2012, 04:43:22 pm »

Scrap.

Scrap is everywhere, and people LOVE IT!
Nah, the prevailing thought is that the primary suspect they were surveilling did it (or got some buddies to do it). Thing is, the recorder and wireless gear were hidden in a nearby building and locked away. Which makes me think somebody in the local law enforcement they were working with is dirty, because I don't see how the perp would have known where the gear was otherwise.

That would be the most likely scenario, the other is that depending on the tech involved, he could have tracked it down wither with a directional antenna or triangulation.

I have an app on my phone that is surprisingly good at telling me where wifi nodes are located.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23197 on: November 28, 2012, 05:16:44 pm »

Romhacking.net has informed me there was a Zoids game... for the NES. Which led me to check the wikipedia page, and realize those things have been around longer than I have. Somewhat surprising! Didn't even know the things existed until th'anime hit CN, years back.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23198 on: November 28, 2012, 05:18:13 pm »

Zoids...

The game on the gamecube with all of the animal-related mecha? Thats all I can think of.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #23199 on: November 28, 2012, 05:22:40 pm »

Are you thinking of Custom Robo?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23200 on: November 28, 2012, 05:24:07 pm »

Zoids...

The game on the gamecube with all of the animal-related mecha? Thats all I can think of.
Yeah, pretty much. There's also like, two or three anime series (At least, that many ran on Cartoon Network, that I can remember), several other games (Iirc, the GBA one in english's actually kinda' decent. Not impressive, per se. But decent.)...

... or, checking gamefaqs to see if I was getting the system right, there's like... two or three dozen Zoids games. Damn.

Anyway, all that and it apparently started as a model figurine thingy. I think there's a manga or two, too. It's apparently kinda' popular or... something. Or at least hanging in there. The fluff's actually approaching interesting, iirc. S'a couple/few decent lengthy fanfics, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23201 on: November 28, 2012, 05:26:18 pm »

Are you thinking of Custom Robo?
No, That was quite different. I could actually finish that game and it was a lot more fun. The one I was thinking of for Zoids was annoying but it specifically had animal-related mecha, and big ones.Not reconfigured toys the Custom Robo are.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #23202 on: November 28, 2012, 05:39:20 pm »

I'm invited to "Kinky Party", there is a dress code.

@_@

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23203 on: November 28, 2012, 05:40:07 pm »

@_@
There's no way in hell you can miss that :D
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23204 on: November 28, 2012, 05:41:47 pm »

@_@
There's no way in hell you can miss that :D
I can only wonder what went through someone's mind when they decided this was a good idea. "I have friends, but I haven't seen any of them in sexually bizzare clothing! I must fix this at once!"
Pages: 1 ... 1545 1546 [1547] 1548 1549 ... 10983