Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2011 2012 [2013] 2014 2015 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13166935 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #30180 on: April 08, 2013, 04:07:30 pm »

Huh, when I was watching BBC news over Thatcher it was more "agree or disagree with her politics, you have to admit she was a pretty big deal".

Personally I haven't studied it enough to know whether the changes she brought were good or bad, but I will say she seemed to do what politicians should strive to do: What she viewed as necessary, not what pleases the most voters. Though her "U turn if you want to" line in the clips did instinctively rub me the wrong way, since I'd also say a politician (in fact, anybody alive) should be willing to change their course of action and opinions as new evidence appears and that a refusal to do so or even consider doing so is not a sign of conviction, but insanity. But that's a clip without any appreciation for context.

Then again I tend to agree with the statement "And those people should not be listened to who keep saying the voice of the people is the voice of God, since the riotousness of the crowd is always very close to madness." so maybe that says something about me.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:10:44 pm by MorleyDev »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #30181 on: April 08, 2013, 04:18:21 pm »

My WTF of the day is realizing bay12 was given an opportunity to discuss political and social issues regarding a bunch of half-naked women harassing Putin, but chose to continue their discussion of cheese graters and can openers instead.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30182 on: April 08, 2013, 04:30:00 pm »

A colleague of mine has asked for, and I quote, "the lewdest, most perverted anime series you could think of"

I did not know them from this side, to say the least. There's PMs if you can help me, I don't really swing that way.
I am under the impression that Bay12 could help with this.
Panty & Stocking w/ Garterbelt?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #30183 on: April 08, 2013, 04:53:58 pm »

Had a wild turkey in front of my house today. It paced back and forth in front of the fence to my yard...for 6 hours. It wore a goddamn trench in the ground, it was pacing so much. Called animal control, they refused to touch it. I went in my backyard and checked to see if any of their young were trapped in there, but nothing. And as soon as it saw me, it took wing and flew into the neighbor's yard.

As the Animal Control guy put it: "Turkeys. The cats of the bird kingdom."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #30184 on: April 08, 2013, 05:02:23 pm »

A colleague of mine has asked for, and I quote, "the lewdest, most perverted anime series you could think of"

I did not know them from this side, to say the least. There's PMs if you can help me, I don't really swing that way.

I am under the impression that Bay12 could help with this.

Panty & Stocking w/ Garterbelt?

What about that one anime where the girl gets possessed by an angel and forced to have sex with her half brother?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30185 on: April 08, 2013, 05:32:47 pm »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30186 on: April 08, 2013, 06:21:20 pm »

So, while searching the names of things from Progress Quest using Google, I managed to find this... nusual gem of the interests from an Okcupid profile.

Quote from: interests
starting a quest through a series of progessively harder monsters to retrieve the silver sword from the ancient temple of ruins located on the island of catmar which is guarded by the dreaded oxygen golem so i can chop down the vines of splendor and attain access to the guardian tower where i can...
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30187 on: April 08, 2013, 06:41:20 pm »

My WTF of the day is realizing bay12 was given an opportunity to discuss political and social issues regarding a bunch of half-naked women harassing Putin, but chose to continue their discussion of cheese graters and can openers instead.
BAY12 WHAT HAVE YOU DOOOOOOOONE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #30188 on: April 08, 2013, 06:45:17 pm »

So do you use the slicer face or the shredder one?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #30189 on: April 08, 2013, 06:46:54 pm »

Its not too late. .  .

Warning:  much more attractive boobys

The sexiest booby of all

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #30190 on: April 08, 2013, 06:49:31 pm »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30191 on: April 08, 2013, 06:51:38 pm »

I love this website :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30192 on: April 08, 2013, 06:52:47 pm »

So do you use the slicer face or the shredder one?
Both.
You know what I got d funniest about Putin's reaction?
'I couldn't tell if she was a blonde or brunette'
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30193 on: April 08, 2013, 07:52:17 pm »

Spent 8 hours working on a C++ programming assignment and failing miserably at it.  Probably partially my fault for waiting til the last day so I can't get any help with it but so far all the assignments were easy, and doable under an hour. This assignment has me outputting data to a text file and having another program read that file and do some calculations with what it pulls.

Here's the part that makes me wtf.  The teacher's recorded online lecture goes over outputting stuff to a file for almost an hour and a half. Then the lecture goes into input...for about 3 minutes.  Very unlike the teacher, but there it is.

Guess which part of the assignment doesn't come even close to working.

I managed to find some online resources that kinda helped me along.   It reads the file now anyway, but I'm thinking they are going about things differently, as all my attempts to manipulate what it pulls end up in conversion issues with numbers being strings when they should be chars, and then those chars not turning into ints and all kinds of crazy that basically amounts to the compiler saying "I can't let you do that Dave."

Oh well, already turned in, I won't pull it off in the 8 minutes the file submission has remaining, and I'm doing well enough on the rest of the class that I should be able to manage one bombed assignment.  Still you would think the teacher would go over new processes and concepts in more detail.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:55:11 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30194 on: April 08, 2013, 07:55:59 pm »

Huh, when I was watching BBC news over Thatcher it was more "agree or disagree with her politics, you have to admit she was a pretty big deal".

Personally I haven't studied it enough to know whether the changes she brought were good or bad, but I will say she seemed to do what politicians should strive to do: What she viewed as necessary, not what pleases the most voters. Though her "U turn if you want to" line in the clips did instinctively rub me the wrong way, since I'd also say a politician (in fact, anybody alive) should be willing to change their course of action and opinions as new evidence appears and that a refusal to do so or even consider doing so is not a sign of conviction, but insanity. But that's a clip without any appreciation for context.

Then again I tend to agree with the statement "And those people should not be listened to who keep saying the voice of the people is the voice of God, since the riotousness of the crowd is always very close to madness." so maybe that says something about me.
She really split the nation, some people loved her, but a lot of people really, really hated her. It's commonly felt that if the system had been different she would have never have gotten into power, or stayed in power as long as she did.

Also apparently this website now has a use. Go figure.
Pages: 1 ... 2011 2012 [2013] 2014 2015 ... 10983