Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2527 2528 [2529] 2530 2531 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13132058 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #37920 on: September 25, 2013, 12:44:48 pm »

Meanwhile, the original thread has ascended to Spambotception.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37921 on: September 25, 2013, 01:16:27 pm »

So, on Thursday through the weekend I had a nasty cold. And it turns out my lips felt drier than the Antarctic, and I had only some little smears of vaseline left on the bottom of a tin. I used that up and ordered some more off Amazon. 250g. I thought "Oh well, it's only ten or so times bigger than this tin that should be fine". Thing is that I no longer really need it, and it arrived today. 250 grams of vaseline is a lot when you have nothing to use it for.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #37922 on: September 25, 2013, 01:22:18 pm »

EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37924 on: September 25, 2013, 02:15:39 pm »

So, on Thursday through the weekend I had a nasty cold. And it turns out my lips felt drier than the Antarctic, and I had only some little smears of vaseline left on the bottom of a tin. I used that up and ordered some more off Amazon. 250g. I thought "Oh well, it's only ten or so times bigger than this tin that should be fine". Thing is that I no longer really need it, and it arrived today. 250 grams of vaseline is a lot when you have nothing to use it for.
Kinky  ;D
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37925 on: September 25, 2013, 02:16:58 pm »

Kinky  ;D
Nope, just pure petrolatum.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #37926 on: September 25, 2013, 02:24:48 pm »

While using behind the name's name generator, I got "Obama" as an African surname three times in a row. One time, the first name was "Neo".

Neo Obama. Anyone got a picture of Obama wearing sunglasses and a leather trenchcoat?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37927 on: September 25, 2013, 02:26:39 pm »

While using behind the name's name generator, I got "Obama" as an African surname three times in a row. One time, the first name was "Neo".

Neo Obama. Anyone got a picture of Obama wearing sunglasses and a leather trenchcoat?
I pictured it more as the name of a city in a cyberpunk dystopia created by diehard Republicans.

I got "Obama Apartments" in LCS once.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #37928 on: September 25, 2013, 02:37:14 pm »

I pictured it more as the name of a city in a cyberpunk dystopia created by diehard Republicans.

Why would Republicans name a city after Obama?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37929 on: September 25, 2013, 02:39:11 pm »

I said "cyberpunk dystopia". I meant that a Republican's dystopian vision would have a city named after someone they would blame for such a dystopia.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #37930 on: September 25, 2013, 03:07:05 pm »

I said "cyberpunk dystopia". I meant that a Republican's dystopian vision would have a city named after someone they would blame for such a dystopia.
Makes sense. Though having Neo Obama the leather-trenchcoat-sunglasses-wearing-badass operating in neo Obama the dystopian city sounds cool.
And there's a couple alcoholics screaming incoherently under my windows. Shit.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37931 on: September 25, 2013, 03:12:02 pm »

Makes sense. Though having Neo Obama the leather-trenchcoat-sunglasses-wearing-badass operating in neo Obama the dystopian city sounds cool.
Neo Obama: "I need to hack the electronic vortex to kickstart the void polarity! But the microjammer has been counter-flamed! What is this?"
Voice: "You know what..."
Neo Obama: "Oh no. Not you."
Voice: "Yes... it is me."
Neo Obama: "Damn you, Cyber Romney!"
Cyber Romney: "But I am not alone!"
Mecha Cain: "MUHAHAHAHA!"
Neo Obama: "It's time to take you down... with my cyberkatana!"
*Fight starts with pumping cyberpunk techno beat*

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #37932 on: September 25, 2013, 03:15:21 pm »

Neo Obama: "I need to hack the electronic vortex to kickstart the void polarity! But the microjammer has been counter-flamed! What is this?"
*Sigged*
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37933 on: September 25, 2013, 03:15:48 pm »

Electro Snowden: It was I who hacked your microjammer, Neo Obama! You thought I died back in Moscow... but for the past twenty years, I have been training to get my revenge... your betrayal will be the death of you!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37934 on: September 25, 2013, 03:21:20 pm »

Someone needs to make a series where politics is depicted as a cyberpunk thriller.
Pages: 1 ... 2527 2528 [2529] 2530 2531 ... 10979