Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2792 2793 [2794] 2795 2796 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13133977 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #41895 on: December 30, 2013, 12:54:30 pm »

US Wants To Kill All Dolphins
Where did you get the idea that the US wants to kill dolphins? This just says that dolphins chew on pufferfish.
The war on drugs obviously needs to be taken to the oceans. Those dolphins must be stopped. What if they drive high and kill someone?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41896 on: December 30, 2013, 01:02:50 pm »

Where did you get the idea that the US wants to kill dolphins? This just says that dolphins chew on pufferfish.
The war on drugs obviously needs to be taken to the oceans. Those dolphins must be stopped. What if they drive high and kill someone?
They'll overtake the government before that happens. Us reptiles will, of course, still be in charge.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #41897 on: December 30, 2013, 01:03:47 pm »

Dolphins are bastards, actually. They're what happens when other mammals don't want you around because you're too much of a sociopath as a species.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41898 on: December 30, 2013, 01:06:46 pm »

I go to the American politics thread, and everyone talks about establishing a strong world government.
I go to the European politics thread, and everyone talks about countries getting more autonomy.

Dolphins are also murderous, rapey assholes, to boot. They are practically begging to be sent to Flipmo. What's the dolphin equivalent to waterboarding?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #41899 on: December 30, 2013, 01:08:47 pm »

I go to the American politics thread, and everyone talks about establishing a strong world government.
I go to the European politics thread, and everyone talks about countries getting more autonomy.

Dolphins are also murderous, rapey assholes, to boot. They are practically begging to be sent to Flipmo. What's the dolphin equivalent to waterboarding?
Probably waterboarding. The things breathe air, and doing it on land will most likely make them start to suffocate anyway, because their ribcages are actually weaklings.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41900 on: December 30, 2013, 01:16:06 pm »

Now now, dolphins, like humans, are a varied species. Some are serial rapists, yes, but some are nice too.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41901 on: December 30, 2013, 01:17:50 pm »

Some concerned citizens of the world have already recognized this threat.

The Anti-Dolphin League, and Anti-Dolphin.org, presented for your viewing pleasure.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #41902 on: December 30, 2013, 01:34:08 pm »

Does anyone else think it would have been better if they stuck with "Dolphin" instead of "Gamecube", and also "Revolution" instead of "Wii".

Generally they come up with great names for projects and then the marketing people jump in and shit the bed when they desperately try to justify their existence.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41903 on: December 30, 2013, 01:36:46 pm »

and then the marketing people jump in and shit the bed when they desperately try to justify their existence.

*coughcough voice actors added into Walking With Dinosaurs movie 1 month before release cough*

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41904 on: December 30, 2013, 01:37:13 pm »

Does anyone else think it would have been better if they stuck with "Dolphin" instead of "Gamecube", and also "Revolution" instead of "Wii".

Generally they come up with great names for projects and then the marketing people jump in and shit the bed when they desperately try to justify their existence.
But then we couldn't have "playing with my Wii" jokes! Huh. Maybe that wouldn't be so bad actually, Revolution sounds pretty cool.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #41905 on: December 30, 2013, 01:44:11 pm »

Now now, dolphins, like humans, are a varied species. Some are serial rapists, yes, but some are nice too.
Eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhactually....
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41906 on: December 30, 2013, 01:44:50 pm »

BREAKING NEWS: DOLHPINS ARE XANTALOS'S CLOSEST LIVING RELATIVES

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #41907 on: December 30, 2013, 01:53:20 pm »

Continued grandparent exposure:

- The heavy snows where we are are evidence for a trend of "global cooling".
- If my brother wants to practice his Spanish, all he needs to do is "talk to some fast food workers in Arizona".
- My family's car (a Honda) had trouble starting this morning not because it is below zero (°F) outside here in rural Hickistan, but because "Japan still can't build cars right".
1st one, right but wrong, we are on a global cooling trend, but not enough for that kind of snow.
2nd one, he could just talk to some fast food workers here in Kansas. That's not even racism, my (Mexican) Spanish teacher recommends fast food places as a kind of place that needs Spanish speakers to talk to their workers and customers.
3rd one, wrong. The best car my family ever had was an old Toyota wagon that only finally stopped working because a mechanic's misdiagnosis fried the engine.

Also, I had to travel to rural Hickastan myself, yesterday. My Great-grandparents on my mom's side (the side that no-one likes [including my mom] and contains all the crazy people) are slowly dying. They were fairly lucid for the visit, and only needed to be reminded who we are twice.

The Anti-Dolphin League, and Anti-Dolphin.org, presented for your viewing pleasure.
I was hearing recently that it is a myth that dolphins are extremely intelligent, and the reason that myth came about was some scientist who was hopped on drugs was trying to prove that the dolphins were talking to him.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #41908 on: December 30, 2013, 01:59:40 pm »

BREAKING NEWS: DOLHPINS ARE XANTALOS'S CLOSEST LIVING RELATIVES
BREAKING NEWS: DOLPHINS HAVE MORE TENTACLES THAN PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #41909 on: December 30, 2013, 02:04:37 pm »

I was hearing recently that it is a myth that dolphins are extremely intelligent, and the reason that myth came about was some scientist who was hopped on drugs was trying to prove that the dolphins were talking to him.

Dolphins, at least some, are murderous rapists. That is proof enough that they are about as intelligent as humans.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 2792 2793 [2794] 2795 2796 ... 10979