Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2817 2818 [2819] 2820 2821 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996966 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #42270 on: January 05, 2014, 07:55:54 pm »

I am also from Britain
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #42271 on: January 05, 2014, 07:56:59 pm »

Yeah! Tea drinking places everywhere, unite! Kansa, welcome!
I was looking at a list of Briticisms and I noticed how many of them were insults. TV Troles also has a page in Briticisms and much of it is dedicated to swears and insults, too. I love this assorted collection of small islands. :)

Fact: By the age of 5, every English child should have learnt and be able to recite by heart 20 different insults. This is mandated by law.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42272 on: January 05, 2014, 07:58:43 pm »

sooooo i expect an invite when you silly brits are going to get together and actually drink said tea so i can put sugar in it and generally act like the barbarian i truly am in your presence

or i'll read the fuck up on japanese tea ceremonies beforehand who knows

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42273 on: January 05, 2014, 08:00:33 pm »

As a Brit, I can say this:

I know how to deal with snow, but I can use it as an excuse, so I pretend to not know.
I know how to deal with snow, yes, but that doesn't mean the Bay12 British can keep the country running...

Yorkshire is nice. So that makes me, Owlbread, Graknorke and greatorder confirmed. Is loud whispers British? We must make a list and then drink tea, jolly good fun, what ho!
It's known that I'm from Britain, but exactly where is a mystery to those who don't know how to do IP magic.
I was under the impression that it is absolutely impossible to see the IP of other forum members through their posts and things?
Apparently, getting a person's IP isn't actually all that hard provided you know what you're doing. With google, you know what you're doing 99% of the time.
Google says that 'what you're doing' is either getting them into some interaction through another medium with less security, or getting Toady or Threetoe to tell me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #42274 on: January 05, 2014, 08:04:26 pm »

Octobomb's Great British list (and other small, but equally important islands)(Canadians welcome)
Octobomb
Owlbread
Graknorke
Greatorder
Kansa
Loud Whispers (unverified)(Vancouver)
LordSlowpoke? (eh?)
Xantalos (Canadian)
GiglameshDespair
Helgoland (I think)

Non tea drinkers welcome.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 08:43:13 pm by Octobomb »
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42275 on: January 05, 2014, 08:07:17 pm »

Octobomb's Great British list (and other small, but equally important islands)(Canadians welcome)
Octobomb
Owlbread
Graknorke
Greatorder
Kansa
LordSlowpoke? (eh?)

Soy Canadien despite speaking Spanish and being descended from Sweden.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42276 on: January 05, 2014, 08:10:37 pm »

As a Brit, I can say this:

I know how to deal with snow, but I can use it as an excuse, so I pretend to not know.
I know how to deal with snow, yes, but that doesn't mean the Bay12 British can keep the country running...

Yorkshire is nice. So that makes me, Owlbread, Graknorke and greatorder confirmed. Is loud whispers British? We must make a list and then drink tea, jolly good fun, what ho!
It's known that I'm from Britain, but exactly where is a mystery to those who don't know how to do IP magic.
I was under the impression that it is absolutely impossible to see the IP of other forum members through their posts and things?
Apparently, getting a person's IP isn't actually all that hard provided you know what you're doing. With google, you know what you're doing 99% of the time.
Google says that 'what you're doing' is either getting them into some interaction through another medium with less security, or getting Toady or Threetoe to tell me.
It's actually ridiculously easy. Just send them a PM with an embedded nonexisting image hosted on your own server, then check the server logs for the IP of that access violation.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42277 on: January 05, 2014, 08:16:39 pm »

Octobomb
Owlbread
Graknorke
Greatorder
Kansa
LordSlowpoke? (eh?)

I feel reasonably secure in saying that I also am from the rather diminished Kingdom of great Britain and Northern Ireland.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #42278 on: January 05, 2014, 08:25:22 pm »

Well, I'm off to write a 1000-word essay for Physics class on the superiority of the Geocentric Model to the Heliocentric, using suspect logic and dubious sources to reach a conclusion thoroughly debunked while maintaining absolute seriousness at all times

Those who saw my post a few weeks ago: Recall my class debate between two groups, one for Helio one for Geo? Geocentric won. Our main speaker - who incidentally was only the guy who spoke the most, rather then being appointed the position - stuck to his guns; spoke clearly and confidently; and laid down more fallacies then they could poke holes in, which they did quite inexpertly as well (Helio Speaker 1: Where is the center of the donut? Me: Where you bite it. Helio Speaker 2: No, it's the hole. Our Speaker: No, that's a Munchkin.). I helped by insisting on a relative view of the universe (thanks guys). When we were finished, the vote gave us a two-to-one victory. Interestingly, the Helio group was largely female, while ours was almost solely male.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #42279 on: January 05, 2014, 08:30:55 pm »

Bwahaha XD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42280 on: January 05, 2014, 08:35:29 pm »

Tea is not rum. WTF is wrong with you, Britishfolk?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42281 on: January 05, 2014, 08:40:38 pm »

Well, there's always a nice stiff grog availible as a compromise...
Is now the time to mention that the island of Helgoland was British for quite a long time?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42282 on: January 05, 2014, 08:43:06 pm »

My cat has chosen to rest in the sink, of all places.

What.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42283 on: January 05, 2014, 08:45:56 pm »

Tea is not rum. WTF is wrong with you, Britishfolk?
Don't think there's anything wrong with dumping a bit of rum into tea, though. Or the other way around. Most things plant based seem to do alright with a good steeping, really.

Which is to say... are you sure the tea is not actually rum, boiled?

E: Bloody hell, water in the breaker box. Half the house turned into an impromptu rave party until something could be done about it. I mean, there was turning stuff off, but something had to be on in order to tell if fixing was actually fixing and... strobe. Everywhere.

Betcha' it cut a year off every CFL bulb that was involved in the process >_>
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:00:30 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #42284 on: January 06, 2014, 12:42:38 am »

My cat has chosen to rest in the sink, of all places.

What.

My cat does that all the time. It's like his favorite place to lay.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 2817 2818 [2819] 2820 2821 ... 10973