Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2818 2819 [2820] 2821 2822 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13143983 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #42285 on: January 06, 2014, 12:45:03 am »

My cat has chosen to rest in the sink, of all places.

What.

My cat does that all the time. It's like his favorite place to lay.

Same here. Cats love depressions to lay in. My cat also loves cardboard flats.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42286 on: January 06, 2014, 02:35:26 am »

I don't know what's going on right now. I keep shivering uncontrollably and My body aches like I have a cold but the only symptom I have is a headache. I can think of 2 things it could be but both seem fairly improbable.
  • Dehydration: this was the first thing I thought of, but I've been drinking plenty of fluids, so that can't be it.
  • Some kind of addiction: Last I checked I wasn't addicted to any substances and I don't have any cravings, so I think that's off the list.
I can't go to sleep while I'm twitching like this, so I'm effectively awake until I figure out how to at least stop shaking.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 02:38:24 am by AlleeCat »

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42287 on: January 06, 2014, 02:48:13 am »

Flu, maybe?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42288 on: January 06, 2014, 02:52:31 am »

I thought that at first, but my stomach isn't upset and I'm not coughing or stuffy. I've never had a cold without at least one of those symptoms, at least.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42289 on: January 06, 2014, 02:55:31 am »

That's characteristic of one sort of flu, yes. It'd probably be best to pay close attention to yourself and drink more fluids than normal, just in case you develop a fever too.

The flu can have different sets of symptoms; just because you aren't throwing up doesn't mean you can rule it out. I'm no MD of course, so take that with the proverbial grain of salt.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42290 on: January 06, 2014, 03:00:03 am »

I don't feel warmer than normal (checking my forehead and neck) and I don't have a thermometer so I can't get the exact temperature. I'll try to monitor it, though. Problem is it's the first day of class in the morning so I kind of have to go so that I don't get kicked out.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42291 on: January 06, 2014, 03:29:36 am »

Just to comment on Britishness and snow, it seems to me every winter our news goes 'HEATHROW PARALYZED; BRITS STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT SNOW IS', and then some smug suggestions on teaching everyone else what they should do.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #42292 on: January 06, 2014, 06:00:24 am »

My cat has chosen to rest in the sink, of all places.

What.

My cat does that all the time. It's like his favorite place to lay.

Same here. Cats love depressions to lay in. My cat also loves cardboard flats.

Odd, my cat seeks out elevated areas. Not the highest in the room, but the highest she can get in the general position of where she wants to be, i.e. if you have an empty room with a panel lying on the floor, she will rest on it.

And most commonly, she sits in the place where the staircase turns and there's an about cat-sized opening, so she looks down on the living room.

I don't know what's going on right now. I keep shivering uncontrollably and My body aches like I have a cold but the only symptom I have is a headache. I can think of 2 things it could be but both seem fairly improbable.
  • Dehydration: this was the first thing I thought of, but I've been drinking plenty of fluids, so that can't be it.
  • Some kind of addiction: Last I checked I wasn't addicted to any substances and I don't have any cravings, so I think that's off the list.
I can't go to sleep while I'm twitching like this, so I'm effectively awake until I figure out how to at least stop shaking.

Generally, cold-like + headache is a symptom of the flu. Various strains attack different areas of epithelium, so if a virus attacks, say, the nasal epithelium you get a stuffy nose, but if it doesn't you don't.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:02:55 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42293 on: January 06, 2014, 06:02:21 am »

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:15:44 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42294 on: January 06, 2014, 07:10:20 am »

So i decided to pick up some drawing skills as my new years resolution.
Things were going relatively smooth and i even got one drawing i wanted to scan and tart up in SAI or GIMP.

And proplem no 1 arose.
My sister moved out not long ago and took the scanner/printer combo with her.

However i remebered we have our old scanner (that remembers the mid-late 90's and now scrapped Pentium 233 MMX it was connected to) in the basement along with our old computer that we bought 8 years ago and now use for office work.

So i decided to scan the picture there and transfer it to my PC via a USB drive.
It would work in theory if not for one small detail... the scanner would not work... or it would if i could connect it to anything because it was too old for USB cables and the PC it was next to didn't have the necessary port to acomodate it.

I tried carrying it back up to my room (a funny task considering the thing was made in the 90's and is a large and heavy plastic brick) hoping that the new PC will hsomehow have the proper port for it... of course it didn't.

Why the actual fuck were we keeping a scanner that cannot be connected to anything and i MEAN ANYTHING that wasn't made 8+ years ago.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42295 on: January 06, 2014, 07:52:47 am »

My family also tend to hoard ancient technology, which never gets any use any more.
However some things still gets used, such as the still-working SNES which we had since the mid-90ies.
Unfortunately, it's with my family in Greenland, while I live in Sweden. So i cannot enjoy it as much.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:09:12 am by Ultimuh »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42296 on: January 06, 2014, 08:41:20 am »

Hey, so do universities! We get all the coolest old electrojank. Towers that take actual floppy floppy disks, servers, stereo receivers (mine mine mine), a friggin' subwoofer, eMacs (fun to drop), computer mice with exactly four buttons and a plug that went obsolete fifteen years ago...

My coworkers seemed to think I had a British stint to me, like there was something in my voice or the way I spoke, and their ideas were reinforced by my possession and consumption of tea. It's not so, sadly, but if Scotland keeps doing cool things or has a way with education that's not going to leave me barren, I might consider changing that.

you do realize they're going to throw logs made out of claymores at you the split second you pick up a cup of tea and say "Indeed, old chap." do you

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42297 on: January 06, 2014, 08:48:34 am »

Hey, so do universities! We get all the coolest old electrojank. Towers that take actual floppy floppy disks, servers, stereo receivers (mine mine mine), a friggin' subwoofer, eMacs (fun to drop), computer mice with exactly four buttons and a plug that went obsolete fifteen years ago...

My coworkers seemed to think I had a British stint to me, like there was something in my voice or the way I spoke, and their ideas were reinforced by my possession and consumption of tea. It's not so, sadly, but if Scotland keeps doing cool things or has a way with education that's not going to leave me barren, I might consider changing that.
you do realize they're going to throw logs made out of claymores at you the split second you pick up a cup of tea and say "Indeed, old chap." do you

Is it bad that i imagined then throwing tree trunks made out of anti-personel mines?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42298 on: January 06, 2014, 10:14:01 am »

University in this land is basically free if you have lived and worked here for a number of years to qualify as a permanent resident.

It used to be that all you needed was to be an EU citizen, just not from somewhere else in the UK, but the English got so upset at that we are now phasing that scheme out.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:22:45 am by Owlbread »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42299 on: January 06, 2014, 10:36:04 am »

Well, it is the English paying for it, after all.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 2818 2819 [2820] 2821 2822 ... 10980