Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2829 2830 [2831] 2832 2833 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13211588 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #42450 on: January 09, 2014, 12:49:11 pm »

Well, you see, Google's web designers are....severely mentally crippled and appear to be under the direct authority of a marketing department head.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42451 on: January 09, 2014, 02:37:39 pm »

There is a box under the steps leading to my apartment's front door. In this box? A possum. Someone made a shelter with a blanket for this thing, ensuring that it's going to want to stay there. Fucking great. I hate possums. Filthy, diseased, disgusting things.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42452 on: January 09, 2014, 03:01:14 pm »

:/

What's wrong with possums?

(Also what sort of possum?)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42453 on: January 09, 2014, 03:02:04 pm »

Looks like someone made a little ... possum lodge!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42454 on: January 09, 2014, 03:14:27 pm »

I have difficulty feeling any emotional state towards animals. By and large, I just get the impression that they don't really matter.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42455 on: January 09, 2014, 03:15:28 pm »

What's wrong with possums?
Everything. They're horrible. The ones around here tend to be aggressive. They carry all kinds of vermin with them, to boot. Fleas, ticks, and other assorted whatnot. I've dealt with a couple of rabid ones, myself, and I'm not fond of the critters.

I have difficulty feeling any emotional state towards animals. By and large, I just get the impression that they don't really matter.
Animals in general are food. I'll never understand why people keep pets.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42456 on: January 09, 2014, 03:15:37 pm »

Pretty sure we don't matter to them either.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42457 on: January 09, 2014, 03:15:56 pm »

Poodles are people too!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42458 on: January 09, 2014, 03:20:22 pm »

I've always been close to animals since I could crawl (always dogs and cats) and I've been raised in a family that loved animals, so I find it hard to live without them really. The problems tend to arrive though when people start anthropomorphising their pets and giving them false personalities that they don't really have, but we've always tried to take them as they are.

I know my rabbit is driven by instinct to eat and survive and all the rest of it, it's not like I expect much is going on between his ears, nor do I expect him to feel anything for me or anything else, but I do laugh when he still rips up newspaper, puts it in his mouth and runs around in circles buzzing. Or when he shows affection by licking me or whatever. It's just nice, there's something special about the purity of animals' emotions and attitudes.

I do consider my cat to be a friend though. We talk a lot, just gibberish but the look in his face shows he's enjoying it and so am I. That sort of interaction goes a bit beyond him just seeking food from me, the provider, though that's often the case. Sometimes he's actually seeking company.

I hope I'm not going to offend anyone but I think on occasion that some people, usually those who love dogs and hate cats (but not in all cases) keep dogs because of a need for someone to show them unconditional loyalty and attention. If you watch them interacting with the dog you might notice they aren't very concerned about what the dog is thinking, they're just projecting their own internal stuff onto the animal, talking for it, giving it a personality and so on. When those people interact with a very aloof, independent animal like a cat then those people don't seem to know what to do, they might even feel threatened and find the animal's emotions/body language difficult to read.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:29:55 pm by Owlbread »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42459 on: January 09, 2014, 03:25:11 pm »

I'll just put it out there that possums are not cuddly, lovable creatures.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #42460 on: January 09, 2014, 03:30:17 pm »

Yeah, cats and maybe dogs I can consider them as capable of emotional bonding. I mean, if my cat is voluntarily leaping onto my lap and bug me until I pet her, she's certainly not merely driven by the search for food.

Rabbits and exotic pets on the other hand...

I believe you. I mean, they're not commonly used as pets, are they?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42461 on: January 09, 2014, 03:32:52 pm »

My cat is so needy. When my alarm goes off he runs in and jumps on the bed and lays on my shoulder and just stares at me purring like crazy until I get up. And then when I go into the bathroom to get a shower going, he throws himself on the floor, rolls around on his back, purring. He picked up that habit fairly recently. When I'm sitting he alternates between laying on a pillow or standing on me demanding attention.

It's just nice to have a cat around.

But yeah, he's not a person. I don't feel too bad when I'm out of the house all day and he's left to his own devices. I don't feel like I need to take him along with. I'll pick up some cat toys or catnip for him but he doesn't get Christmas presents or anything.

This cat, he won't eat anything but his dry cat food. Maybe it's just really good stuff? You put down chicken bits or fish and he won't eat it. He doesn't eat those cat treats. But my girlfriend keeps feeding him milk so now whenever milk is being consumed he's right there. Or ice cream, or yogurt.

Anyway, weird cat.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42462 on: January 09, 2014, 03:46:47 pm »

I think they're cute so I want one around to make me happy.

That's about it. Not planning on hunting with it unless I get a Tamaskan or other hunting dog, and if I get a ferret it's also because cute.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42463 on: January 09, 2014, 03:49:16 pm »

-snip-
Just don't ever introduce him to wet cat food.  From what I know, cats are picky eaters, if you introduce them to something they like more than their dry food they're more likely to bother you for the good stuffs.

Otherwise, that sounds like a pretty fun cat.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42464 on: January 09, 2014, 03:51:11 pm »

Spoiler: You lie. (click to show/hide)

... nah, seriously, possums are kinda' assholes in general. Definitely a quintessential vermin, mostly without even the small positives mice and suchlike have. Haven't heard of much luck getting feral ones to be less so, either. Nasty critters. Some people eat 'em, but from what I hear they don't even taste all that good.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2829 2830 [2831] 2832 2833 ... 10984