Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2990 2991 [2992] 2993 2994 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13206291 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #44865 on: February 27, 2014, 04:04:55 pm »

Yeah, a little research shows that they've done over 300,000 miles of autonomous driving on public (including city) roads.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44866 on: February 27, 2014, 04:05:50 pm »

Anyway, the largest problem with autonomous cars is when they get implemented partially, as some firms are already doing. I mean, in that case you get a cruise control car, which can follow lanes and all that stuff, but which is not equipped with any defensive driving, or higher logic systems. It can brake, but that's about it.

Doesn't Google already have automated cars?
Yes. Ones that only work on very specific tracks that some people are going 'nonononononono STAHP, you're GOING TOO FAST. We have statistics to prove it! (no, not stats about automated cars at this speed. Stats about human cars that are totally relevant and not just because we don't like the idea of robot cars') about last I'd heard, where 'too fast' was less than 20mph.
Weren't Google Cars basically test-driving all over the West Coast? o_o
They kinda are. Google Cars are best cars btw. Fully automated, and reliable.

Anyway, now that we're talking about automated cars, what do people think about automated trucking. Having the ability to drive 24/24 hours would be a massive benefit for most delivering companies.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44867 on: February 27, 2014, 04:08:19 pm »

Until you need Google+ to use them :P

Or Google Glass. One of the two :P

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #44869 on: February 27, 2014, 04:09:48 pm »

Oh here's an interesting thought. I think people frequently drive badly because they selfishly want to get where they're going sooner at the expense of everyone else getting there a little later and/or less safely. You'll see some guy weaving through traffic on the freeway, not because he enjoys it, but because he foolishly didn't give himself enough time to get where he's going. Or perhaps encountered some petty "emergency" which he feels that he needs to attend to ASAP.
I will admit, in a fast car, the smooth progression from 'slow to fast' is really nice...  But then, I normally don't drive a fast car...
I am one of those more aggressive drivers at times.  I can and have weaved through traffic, like slipping into the fast lane where there is just enough room for me to fit in.  I have also drove close to people in order to intimidate them to move out of the fast lane/way.

From my experience, on highways.... Cops rarely ever bother to get anyone going +10-15.  +20 is where they WILL get you though.   ( I don't want my speed to be tracked by GPS or anything fancy either. >.> )

... Not been an accident that had to do with driver error yet.  (Crappy brakes in a borrowed car.  >.> )
When I describe weaving through traffic, I don't mean changing lanes to a faster lane. I mean switching to a fast lane to get ahead, then to a slower lane to go farther ahead of the pack, swerving really close to other cars and generally going 10-20 MPH higher than the speed of the pack. If everyone else is going 80 and the road and surface conditions and visibility are good for it, 80 can be pretty darn safe and going slower would cause problems. It's the disparity between what the driver is doing and what everyone else is doing, and his unpredictability, that causes problems.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #44870 on: February 27, 2014, 04:10:01 pm »

Until you need Google+ to use them :P

Or Google Glass. One of the two :P

"Please enter your real name to turn on your Googletm car, 'ASdf Garblegoo' does not appear to be a human name."
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44871 on: February 27, 2014, 04:12:49 pm »

I was planning on learning how to drive, but never really buying a car. I would just rent a car if I needed to get somewhere with one, otherwise just use public transport.

Not sure how an automated car would factor into it... Either way, I'd want to keep up on my driving skills, Just In Case.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44872 on: February 27, 2014, 04:12:50 pm »

Holy shit, Adam Jensen is his natural voice.

Heh. Saw that yesterday. Took me a moment to figure that part out though.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #44873 on: February 27, 2014, 04:17:22 pm »

Did you know that he would have been the VA for the protagonist in Far Cry 3, too? The thing is, the Voice, capitalization intended, was too distinct once DX:HR came out.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44874 on: February 27, 2014, 04:20:40 pm »

Did you know that he would have been the VA for the protagonist in Far Cry 3, too? The thing is, the Voice, capitalization intended, was too distinct once DX:HR came out.
That would probably have been a good job to be working as well.

what a shame
he never asked for this
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #44875 on: February 27, 2014, 05:33:45 pm »

In a world, where voice actors who can't do different voices are shunned for future work because their past roles are too easily remembered, one man has the power to be that voice actor. This fall, be a part of history as you watch Adam Jensen stand in a soup line.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44876 on: February 27, 2014, 05:39:36 pm »

Quote from: Found in the comments of a 10 hour song video
This wasn't what I was looking for, but I'm glad I found it. Today, my granddaughter, Josie, and I were outside and I saw a bluebird. Some song with a bluebird came into my head, but before I talk about the bluebird let's talk about Josie. Josie is usually on honor roll, except this year, she's a great kid, except this year. I think she's gaining a bit of weight. So the bluebird song I used to sing at karaoke with my girlfriends. One of my girlfriends was Margret and the other was Girt. Girt is pretty nice, but she has to wear those underwear so she doesn't pee herself when she laughs. Luckily, I'm not there yet. If any of you guys want to be friends on my new Farmville check out Willis G on Facebook please. I hope I find this bluebird song. Do any of you know about it? I think it goes doo doo doo. Thanks. Tomorrow I might eat some grapes with my tuna fish sandwich. I hope I find this bluebird song. I used to sing really well before my husband died. Well, time for bed. Say your prayers tonight guys. Amen. I'll find that song. Did I mention I have a Facebook, my daughter told me to make one, but I only like playing the games on there. If I plant crops and close the page will the crops be there tomorrow? Well, time for bed. I hope my cat isn't on the bed, it's hard for me to get her off. Goodnight guys. I think I'll search for this song tomorrow. You know, I might even call my granddaughter, she said she'd help me find it. Well, goodnight guys. I think I'll play some more of that farming game tomorrow. Well, goodnight guys. Does this YouTube work like a chat room? Can you guys see what I'm saying. Facebook has this really nice feature where I can talk to my daughter in a chat room. My daughter usually types faster than me though. Well, goodnight guys. Do you know where I can take some typing classes. My daughter usually puts. Well, goodnight guys. My daughter usually puts the "U" and "R" in her chats, but I don't think I want to do that. Well, goodnight guys. Chat room. Goodnight guys. How many people see this when I put it on. I don't believe that 54,000 people really saw this video. The statistics on this site are way off. Well, goodnight guys. How are these sites made? Who makes them? Are they doing it right? Does Obama, our savior, know about these sites? Well, goodnight guys. I think some kids use swear words too much. Well, goodnight guys. Every kid should go to a nice public school. Well, goodnight guys. Have to get up in the morning to feed the cats. Well, goodnight guys.

o.o

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #44877 on: February 27, 2014, 05:43:38 pm »

Her daughter is probably like 80 so I doubt she uses chat shorthand. Perhaps she means her great-granddaughter? She needs to feed her cats in the morning, so, well, goodnight guys.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44878 on: February 27, 2014, 05:46:25 pm »

Quote from: Found in the comments of a 10 hour song video
-rambling-

o.o
Are the spambots growing smarter, or people less smarterer?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #44879 on: February 27, 2014, 05:47:02 pm »

In a world, where voice actors who can't do different voices are shunned for future work because their past roles are too easily remembered, one man has the power to be that voice actor. This fall, be a part of history as you watch Adam Jensen stand in a soup line.

He could always just be playing a huge joke by just putting it on? :P
Pages: 1 ... 2990 2991 [2992] 2993 2994 ... 10984