Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3231 3232 [3233] 3234 3235 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13140052 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #48480 on: May 02, 2014, 02:40:25 am »

Did fluttershy just decide to move in with the foxdragon after a MLP episode or are we seriously expected to believe she was always there?
There was G3 pony called Fluttershy released 2003. It most likely G4 one, but never forget history or you will be doomed to repeat it.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #48481 on: May 02, 2014, 03:16:38 am »

The sound of vuvuzelas in the morning seems somehow quintessentially South African.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #48482 on: May 02, 2014, 03:44:53 am »

Playing Spore is somehow strangely enthralling. Maybe it's because I'm planning on which of my allies' colonies I'm planning to save to get cheap tool prices after I obliterate their empire.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48483 on: May 02, 2014, 04:34:48 am »

I think my dog is missing a nipple. O_o

It can have one of mine, I'm not usin' em.

...Why would you be using your dog's nipples?! ...Wait, no, don't answer that. >.>

...It was what descan Putnam said, yes.

Playing Spore is somehow strangely enthralling. Maybe it's because I'm planning on which of my allies' colonies I'm planning to save to get cheap tool prices after I obliterate their empire.

People still play that? I assumed it was rightfully confined to the dustbin of let-down games.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #48484 on: May 02, 2014, 05:08:08 am »

My program didn't work correctly and ended up crashing with a stack overflow at 5815 layers of recursion.

>_>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48485 on: May 02, 2014, 07:16:13 am »

People still play that? I assumed it was rightfully confined to the dustbin of let-down games.

Spore was a letdown sure... but after you wipe away all the disappointment what you are left with is a rather mediocre game with a few rather intriguing gameplay elements.

It is kind of why Spore is sort of rather high on my list of "poor games that could use a sequel"

It is crazy, but it is still fun. It has just a little TINY bit of magic. A game that is better than its rating so to speak.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 07:21:14 am by Neonivek »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48486 on: May 02, 2014, 07:53:41 am »

That's why I'm hopeful-but-wary about Universim.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #48487 on: May 02, 2014, 08:24:22 am »

I hadn't heard all the hype before Spore was released, and I've got to say, it stands pretty well without the ads weighing it down. Of course, it's still not a great game, just a passable one, but I'd definitely buy a Spore 2.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #48488 on: May 02, 2014, 11:11:50 am »

I laughed much harder at the whole bit most people replied "wat" to (and the bus thing) than I should've.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48489 on: May 02, 2014, 11:46:55 am »

Well, we did get Dark Spore. Which isn't really Spore 2, but eh. It's what we got.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48490 on: May 02, 2014, 11:49:07 am »

I hadn't heard all the hype before Spore was released, and I've got to say, it stands pretty well without the ads weighing it down. Of course, it's still not a great game, just a passable one, but I'd definitely buy a Spore 2.
Assuming they used non-stupid space combat controls the second time, i wouldn't get it immediately, but I'd certainly get a spore 2. Because really, I could do anything else in the stages reasonably well, but if i had to fight more than one ship it turned into a useless mess of controls.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48491 on: May 02, 2014, 12:35:13 pm »

So I was recently handed a free "wildlife warning whistle" at a home and garden show. You stick it on your car and it supposedly makes a high pitched whistle that warns off wildlife so you won't hit it. I'm extremely skeptical about that for various reasons, but w/e.

The WTF is that it came in a package which was decorated with illustrations of, I assume, the animals it was supposed to repel. The three examples on the package appear to be an elk, a white-tailed deer, and a.....red panda?

I can only assume they were aiming for a raccoon and missed by several continents.

Found a picture of the package.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #48492 on: May 02, 2014, 12:36:38 pm »

So I was recently handed a free "wildlife warning whistle" at a home and garden show. You stick it on your car and it supposedly makes a high pitched whistle that warns off wildlife so you won't hit it. I'm extremely skeptical about that for various reasons, but w/e.

The WTF is that it came in a package which was decorated with illustrations of, I assume, the animals it was supposed to repel. The three examples on the package appear to be an elk, a white-tailed deer, and a.....red panda?

I can only assume they were aiming for a raccoon and missed by several continents.

Found a picture of the package.

Looks like a fox. A fox after a close encounter with a lamppost, maybe.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #48493 on: May 02, 2014, 12:50:15 pm »

So...a dog whistle?

Some evil master mind really hates dogs.

Dogs vs. Cats?

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #48494 on: May 02, 2014, 01:56:27 pm »

Obviously its actually a mating call whistle.   Be careful lest you be mobbed by beavers.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon
Pages: 1 ... 3231 3232 [3233] 3234 3235 ... 10980