Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3536 3537 [3538] 3539 3540 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13149220 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #53055 on: July 03, 2014, 12:46:42 pm »

The one that gets me the most is

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #53056 on: July 03, 2014, 12:53:41 pm »

Huh, I'd missed that one!

Slightly spoilery but not related to foreshadowing, but I'd better spoiler it anyway.

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #53057 on: July 03, 2014, 12:54:44 pm »

Check the kitten still has its soul. I suspect it is being consumed piecemeal.
Nah, she's running around even more than usual. It's just kinda strange, even his head got bigger.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53058 on: July 03, 2014, 12:55:13 pm »

the drugs must be working

soooooooooon

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53059 on: July 03, 2014, 12:55:45 pm »

Quote from: Charles Bronson's Wikipedia page
Bronson spent fifty-three days as a free man before being arrested again, this time for conspiracy to rob.[6] He was remanded at the newly opened Woodhill Prison, but insisted that his girlfriend Kelly-Anne, her friend Carol and her lover were lying to the police in order to get him locked away.[73] On 9 February 1993 the charges of robbery were dismissed, and he was given a £600 fine for breaking the nose of Kelly-Anne's lover.[74] Sixteen days later he was again arrested for conspiracy to rob and for possession of a sawn-off shotgun.[75] On remand in Woodhill he took a civilian librarian hostage, and demanded an inflatable doll, a helicopter and a cup of tea from police negotiators.[76] He released the hostage after being disgusted when he broke wind in front of him.[77] He was taken from Belmarsh to Bullingdon Prison for his trial.[78] For the trial he pleaded Guilty to possessing the shotgun but Not Guilty for the conspiracy charges, and told the jury he had intended to use the shotgun to blow his head off.[79] On 14 September 1993, he was found Guilty of 'intent to rob' and Not Guilty of conspiracy to rob, while his co-defendant was found innocent of all charges.[80] He was given an eight-year sentence.[81]

Um. That paragraph made me blink. Especially the demands.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go PBBBBBBBBBBBBT Today. :P
« Reply #53060 on: July 03, 2014, 12:56:34 pm »

Huh, I'd missed that one!

Slightly spoilery but not related to foreshadowing, but I'd better spoiler it anyway.

O_o
the drugs must be working

soooooooooon
O_o
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53061 on: July 03, 2014, 01:03:35 pm »

A lil ol mouse.  I saw it crawl out of the space between the windshield and hood of my car.  While I was revving up to 60.

Cute lil bastard crawled back down after snooping a bit/hanging on for dear life.  I may need to do something about it.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #53062 on: July 03, 2014, 01:17:18 pm »

Quote from: Charles Bronson's Wikipedia page
Bronson spent fifty-three days as a free man before being arrested again, this time for conspiracy to rob.[6] He was remanded at the newly opened Woodhill Prison, but insisted that his girlfriend Kelly-Anne, her friend Carol and her lover were lying to the police in order to get him locked away.[73] On 9 February 1993 the charges of robbery were dismissed, and he was given a £600 fine for breaking the nose of Kelly-Anne's lover.[74] Sixteen days later he was again arrested for conspiracy to rob and for possession of a sawn-off shotgun.[75] On remand in Woodhill he took a civilian librarian hostage, and demanded an inflatable doll, a helicopter and a cup of tea from police negotiators.[76] He released the hostage after being disgusted when he broke wind in front of him.[77] He was taken from Belmarsh to Bullingdon Prison for his trial.[78] For the trial he pleaded Guilty to possessing the shotgun but Not Guilty for the conspiracy charges, and told the jury he had intended to use the shotgun to blow his head off.[79] On 14 September 1993, he was found Guilty of 'intent to rob' and Not Guilty of conspiracy to rob, while his co-defendant was found innocent of all charges.[80] He was given an eight-year sentence.[81]

Um. That paragraph made me blink. Especially the demands.
Seriously. Somebody go check Douglas Adams' grave.

I will bet ten Altarian dollars* that somebody is going to find a Hitchhiker's Guide mailed to them within a week.

*Due to the fact that the Altarian economy has collapsed, Altarian dollars are worth nothing
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #53063 on: July 03, 2014, 01:22:43 pm »

Well, the crew and I were going to go round to Emily Dickinson's grave to see if she does indeed enjoy death....but, I guess we could swing by there first.

*Hefts spade*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #53064 on: July 03, 2014, 03:23:31 pm »

Watching live-feed (apparently not live >.>) about a trial about a dude who was sexting whilst his kid died in his car.
Among the details police have released is that Harris and his wife, Leanna, told them they conducted Internet searches on how hot a car needed to be to kill a child.
wat

how do people like this exist

edit: sexting with underage girl. is this guy trying to break every law ever
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:31:53 pm by Dutchling »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53065 on: July 03, 2014, 03:49:15 pm »

If the Earth gets demolished to pave way for an intergalactic roadway, I would like to have you all know that I hate you all, b-baka.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #53066 on: July 03, 2014, 04:10:36 pm »

Watching live-feed (apparently not live >.>) about a trial about a dude who was sexting whilst his kid died in his car.
Among the details police have released is that Harris and his wife, Leanna, told them they conducted Internet searches on how hot a car needed to be to kill a child.
wat

how do people like this exist

edit: sexting with underage girl. is this guy trying to break every law ever
Judging from the article you linked, he left his child in the car while he was working (during which time he was sexting, yes, but it changes the situation a fair bit). Also, I'm not sure what the quote you've posted is supposed to indicate. In any case, forgetting your child in the car while you go to work is a fairly dumb thing to do, but everybody makes stupid mistakes occasionally, even cataclysmic ones - there's a reason that alone isn't enough for a criminal negligence charge. In all likelihood, he's already paying the price for that particular fuckup.

Anyway, yeah, sexting minors from work is a pretty lousy thing for a married man (who's presumably supposed to be monogamous). If those allegations are correct, I hope they nail him on that.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53067 on: July 03, 2014, 04:15:46 pm »

Not only did he ignore several "you never dropped your kid off at day care today" messages, but there's security camera footage showing him going out to the car and looking inside during the course of the day. The evidence strongly suggests murder.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #53068 on: July 03, 2014, 04:22:46 pm »

I'd say "possibly suggests", at best. He went out at lunch (I'd wager odds are good the child was already dead by this point, so not making noise), it's a rear-facing carseat, and he went to the car to put something in it (as opposed to at random). He didn't check his e-mail for whatever reason (not exactly a stretch), and I'd hazard a guess that he lied about his phone because of the whole sexting thing. Certainly, Internet search history is the absolute worst way to judge criminal intent, and I shouldn't have to explain that to Bay12, home of the mermaid harvest, of all places.

Now, maybe there's evidence we don't have yet. But everything mentioned in the article is circumstantial as hell.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #53069 on: July 03, 2014, 04:29:16 pm »

The internet history in particular strikes me as them being incredibly stupid and saying "oh hey, its 110 degrees outside, you can take the kid with you" or something like that.

Its certainly suspect (although I question why they would tell the police that if it was murder).  That being said the focus on sexting here is just incredibly stupid; its sad but true that people fry their kids in the car all the time, and you're only hearing about this one because it involved sexting.  The kid would be dead regardless of whether he was sexting or not, its completely irrelevant.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 3536 3537 [3538] 3539 3540 ... 10980