Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3543 3544 [3545] 3546 3547 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13199517 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #53160 on: July 04, 2014, 12:13:34 pm »

Nah man, science is overpriced as it is.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53162 on: July 04, 2014, 12:14:52 pm »

but then we would need to employ scientists that tell us the science is science and not science-looking nonscience scientifically applied to science the science out of us because we cannot distinguish science from science without the use of scientists who we are paying to bring us the science but the other scientists would want to do the science so they would tell us the science is not science and then bring us the science saying "yes, this is grade-a science straight from the plantations of colombia you should use it" and then we hit ourselves in the face with a crowbar because that's a hip thing to do

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #53163 on: July 04, 2014, 12:16:11 pm »

but then we would need to employ scientists that tell us the science is science and not science-looking nonscience scientifically applied to science the science out of us because we cannot distinguish science from science without the use of scientists who we are paying to bring us the science but the other scientists would want to do the science so they would tell us the science is not science and then bring us the science saying "yes, this is grade-a science straight from the plantations of colombia you should use it" and then we hit ourselves in the face with a crowbar because that's a hip thing to do
You're forgetting that they peer review their science so we wouldn't have to pay them multiple times for a single sience

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53164 on: July 04, 2014, 12:20:36 pm »

You're forgetting that they peer review their science so we wouldn't have to pay them multiple times for a single sience

eighty thousand shillings is enough for a man to say that the definite proof of the influence of greenhouse gases on the price of green gunpowder tea in the city of guangzhou is utter bollocks mon ami

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #53165 on: July 04, 2014, 12:21:56 pm »

four thousand shillings is enough for a man to say that the definite proof of the influence of greenhouse gases on the price of green gunpowder tea in the city of guangzhou is utter bollocks mon ami
That's why you peer review the science so if they get lobbied for science then the purist scientists can knock them down for selling their science when they already got payed per science

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53166 on: July 04, 2014, 12:31:15 pm »

four thousand shillings is enough for a man to say that the definite proof of the influence of greenhouse gases on the price of green gunpowder tea in the city of guangzhou is utter bollocks mon ami
That's why you peer review the science so if they get lobbied for science then the purist scientists can knock them down for selling their science when they already got payed per science

so you are saying they will not sell the science when they already sell the science?

we should run a country

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #53167 on: July 04, 2014, 01:30:28 pm »

I moved this commercial tenant's business to a different location because the landlord is stupid and bad and spoiled and doesn't know anything. Stupid landlord has been trying to throw her weight around due to stupid ego.

She's tried every dirty trick in the book. She got upset that a wall was built in the storefront and demanded we remove it but we had permission in writing from her saying it was ok to build years ago (and people don't like it when I force them to do things in writing and it takes work but is worth it), so screw her. We're not taking it down.

Then she tried to keep the security deposit, but I made them take area by area section by section pictures of all the walls, like each part of the walls, dozens and dozens of pictures of the walls and floors and ceilings, cause then she couldn't point to any damages anywhere. They hated me when I made them do that, but now that they're getting their large commercial space security deposit back, they don't think I'm that crazy. I mean they still think I'm crazy, but just not about that one thing.

So now she's pissed about the candy machines in the front area (lobby or whatever), and she's pissed cause she's being a bitch and doesn't want them there anymore and we won't move them. They aren't ours to move. There's another company who owns those. And it's their stuff. She's all pissed off and is threatening to take them, and she won't even listen to me that she'd be stealing from the candy vending machine company, but o well. So if she takes them, then I'll just let the candy vending machine company know who took their candy vending machines and she can deal with them. Just because we're gone doesn't mean the candy vending machine company has to leave or that they lose their machines...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 01:44:46 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #53168 on: July 04, 2014, 03:33:03 pm »

Someone mashed Gangnam Style and Drowning Pool together. Drowning Pool, you know, that band with the song screaming about bodies and floors? Yeah, them. With Gangnam Style.

Why does this work so well. Why would you even think of this. What would make someone think I'm gonna take these songs and put them together.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53169 on: July 04, 2014, 03:35:48 pm »

* LordSlowpoke nods slowly.

so should i just point you at this guy's soundcloud or will you take a couple more weeks?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53170 on: July 04, 2014, 03:38:53 pm »

inb4 LSP did it
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53171 on: July 04, 2014, 03:41:58 pm »

Someone took the mop head and left the handle.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #53172 on: July 04, 2014, 03:42:53 pm »

0_o

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH YOUR WORK!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53173 on: July 04, 2014, 03:45:11 pm »

I have no idea.
Sometimes I wish I had a camera to take pictures of all this.
Other times I want to find the person who does this and remove all the teeth on the left side of their mouth.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53174 on: July 04, 2014, 03:46:43 pm »

At this point, I am convinced that mastahcheese works for the SCP Foundation. Hopefully he isn't Class D.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3543 3544 [3545] 3546 3547 ... 10984