Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3656 3657 [3658] 3659 3660 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13196517 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #54855 on: July 25, 2014, 06:44:39 pm »

KSP is honestly pretty damn hard on PCs.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54856 on: July 25, 2014, 06:57:30 pm »

KSP is honestly pretty damn hard on PCs.
It's not hard on mine!
*has an Alienware*
Well that's my contribution to the topic.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54857 on: July 25, 2014, 07:04:20 pm »

I have a core 2 duo (ie. Worse than an i3) with an old Nividia graphics card.  My computer was outdated 4 years ago.  It can run it.  From what I understand KSP will do some shortcutting of the physics if it finds it's running short on resources indicated by the color of the launch time clock up in the top left.

in 1x speed the clock is constantly yellow in atmosphere, which if I understand it right means it's making some small estimates in the physics.  And I'm constantly red during physical time acceleration.  But the game runs and it runs well enough to be enjoyable.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #54858 on: July 25, 2014, 07:13:24 pm »

Came up with an adventure game in which you are a rabbit, and one of the first puzzles is using a bit of rabbit stew to distract a hound while you use the deceased rabbit's monocole to light a fire via focused sunlight, with the intent of killing as many farmers as you can during your escape.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #54859 on: July 25, 2014, 07:26:14 pm »

Came up with an adventure game in which you are a rabbit, and one of the first puzzles is using a bit of rabbit stew to distract a hound while you use the deceased rabbit's monocole to light a fire via focused sunlight, with the intent of killing as many farmers as you can during your escape.
Make this game.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54860 on: July 25, 2014, 08:07:32 pm »

Do it.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54861 on: July 25, 2014, 08:20:43 pm »

DO EET

freid humen

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #54862 on: July 25, 2014, 08:26:29 pm »

I have been drawing the player character. Right now I think he looks more like a cat than a rabbit, but what do I know? I've only owned cats and not rabbits most of my life.

Yes, it is that tiny on purpose. Drawing things tiny and scaling them up later makes things less intimidating, because I suck at making anything much more detailed than this on a computer.

EDIT: Please note that this does not mean I will ever finish the project, because I have a zero-to-eleventy billion record against finished project vs. abandoned ones. But this does seem like an idea that could work, if AGS is as easy as the manual makes it sound.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:30:22 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #54863 on: July 25, 2014, 08:34:57 pm »

Tiny rabbit is tiny. I think it looks rabbit-ish. It's probably the long ears.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54864 on: July 25, 2014, 08:36:19 pm »

I have a core 2 duo (ie. Worse than an i3) with an old Nividia graphics card.  My computer was outdated 4 years ago.  It can run it.  From what I understand KSP will do some shortcutting of the physics if it finds it's running short on resources indicated by the color of the launch time clock up in the top left.

in 1x speed the clock is constantly yellow in atmosphere, which if I understand it right means it's making some small estimates in the physics.  And I'm constantly red during physical time acceleration.  But the game runs and it runs well enough to be enjoyable.
Those aren't always green!? O_O

Anyway, my (now second) WTF: I'm older than all but 8 of the 25-man roster of my favorite professional baseball team. What have I been doing with my life?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54865 on: July 25, 2014, 09:03:28 pm »

fuck ebola virus, fuck it long, fuck it hard, nothing scares me more than that disease.
IT'S SPREADING INTO MULTIPLE MAJOR CITY CENTERS
ONE MAN INFECTED WITH EBOLA BROKE OUT OF QUARANTINE AND IS AT LARGE
EBOLA RECKONING IS NIGH [if confirmed]
Of note, one of the blokes infected died in an airport. There's a fair chance it's going international.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54866 on: July 25, 2014, 09:09:12 pm »

fuck ebola virus, fuck it long, fuck it hard, nothing scares me more than that disease.
IT'S SPREADING INTO MULTIPLE MAJOR CITY CENTERS
ONE MAN INFECTED WITH EBOLA BROKE OUT OF QUARANTINE AND IS AT LARGE
EBOLA RECKONING IS NIGH [if confirmed]
Of note, one of the blokes infected died in an airport. There's a fair chance it's going international.
Why isn't this in the terrified thread?  This makes me terrified.  Now I'm on google news and I'M EVEN MORE TERRIFIED. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54867 on: July 25, 2014, 09:11:39 pm »

Those aren't always green!? O_O
I blame the CPU architecture that was new back in 2008.  CPU is definitely my bottleneck, it is the bottleneck everywhere.  But my motherboard won't support the newer chips, and if I need a new motherboard it throws so much stuff out the window I might as well build a new computer anyway.  Just need the funds.

I've played it in the green on a friend's computer and failed to notice a difference. Well, other than it's hard to fly a spaceplane without a joystick that is.  So it's not a big fun killer to me.

New WTF: I received graduation pictures from the folks who took the pictures at my graduation.  It has my address but somebody else's name.  All the pictures appear to be of that somebody else, and these are not the cheap ones, nooooo.  These are the expensive fancy ones with their own frames that cost like $90 each. 

They've sent me her letter advertising the pictures' availability in the past before, and I didn't think much of it, but now they are sending me the product this person ordered too?  I've been to their website and ordered the little cheapie wallet ones for myself, and I know they make you confirm your address.  How did they manage to send what appears to be $200 worth of pictures to the wrong address?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #54868 on: July 25, 2014, 09:12:34 pm »

Getting the demo now.

EDIT: Aaaaand judging by the graphics off the wiki I'll never run this game. Ever. Cancelled the download. Which was also really big.

My dad is going to kill me.

What the....does your compooter have vacuum tubes or what?

I have satellite internet on an '06 or so computer. Therefore, it is
1. very slow to download things
2. incapable of downloading too much, lest I run out of bandwidth and be reduced to effectively dial-up
3. probably incapable of running KSP if the wiki's screenshots say anything.

Also, doing that to a virus sounds difficult.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54869 on: July 25, 2014, 09:40:00 pm »

apparenlty I have TES oblivion:game of the year deluxe edition in my steam inventory, I do not recall buying it, no record in my steam purchases of this, and I know it was not in any bundles I bought...  I have no idea when I acquired it.
Pages: 1 ... 3656 3657 [3658] 3659 3660 ... 10984