Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3683 3684 [3685] 3686 3687 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13206164 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #55260 on: July 30, 2014, 03:23:36 pm »

Owls*

Everything is owls.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55261 on: July 30, 2014, 03:33:06 pm »

You'd think he'd be all for searching for aliens. That way, he could convert them and they'd go to heaven.

...according to his own religion, anyway.
I think it was his "religion" that doomed them to hell to begin with, not being descended from Adam so no salvation and all that. But original sin still applies to them because fuck logic.
Yeah, there really isn't any agreement on the status of aliens and salvation.
Odds are pretty good that if they do exist (and god is real) then they probably got their own messiah or didn't have original sin in the first place.

Maybe humans are the only ones that screwed up and have original sin, and all the other aliens out there don't even have a hell.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #55262 on: July 30, 2014, 03:42:04 pm »

On the topic of aliens (but less so religion) why is it that the overwhelming majority of aliens always have all this super-advanced technology? Why is it that humans are the weak, pathetic, and stupid ones?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #55263 on: July 30, 2014, 03:48:08 pm »

On the topic of aliens (but less so religion) why is it that the overwhelming majority of aliens always have all this super-advanced technology? Why is it that humans are the weak, pathetic, and stupid ones?
Because we don't have technology advanced enough to initiate first contact, therefore the aliens who initiate first contact would need to have very advanced technology to be able to travel light years to initiate first contact with us.

On the other hand aliens that we initiate first contact with would have to be very close by, yet insignificant enough to be unnoticed until now, therefore they wouldn't be very technologically advanced, or even intelligent to begin with.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55264 on: July 30, 2014, 03:55:14 pm »

Or maybe they are so advanced that we can't detect their existence at all? Maybe all sentient species in the universe uploaded themselves into massive supercomputers floating in between galaxies hundreds of millions of years ago, but we missed the bus.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #55265 on: July 30, 2014, 04:01:30 pm »

You'd think he'd be all for searching for aliens. That way, he could convert them and they'd go to heaven.

...according to his own religion, anyway.
I think it was his "religion" that doomed them to hell to begin with, not being descended from Adam so no salvation and all that. But original sin still applies to them because fuck logic.
Yeah, there really isn't any agreement on the status of aliens and salvation.
Odds are pretty good that if they do exist (and god is real) then they probably got their own messiah or didn't have original sin in the first place.

Maybe humans are the only ones that screwed up and have original sin, and all the other aliens out there don't even have a hell.
Clearly that creationist guy has never heard of an adopted family.
"WE ARE HUMANS THEREFORE WE ARE IN ADAM'S FAMILY THEREFORE WE CAN GO TO HEAVEN"
"HIYA WE'RE SPACE SQUID CAN WE COME TOO"
"YEAH SURE THERE'S PLENTY OF ROOM FOR SPACE SQUID IN HEAVEN"
"YAAAAAY"
"UNLESS YOU'RE ALIENS THEN YOU'RE GOING TO HELL"
"DAMMIT"

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55266 on: July 30, 2014, 04:02:13 pm »

Found this old post on humans being the scariest aliens. Knew I'd seen it somewhere:
http://teal-deer.tumblr.com/post/57910877901/siderealsandman-friendlytroll-astrakiseki

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #55267 on: July 30, 2014, 04:18:22 pm »

Found this old post on humans being the scariest aliens. Knew I'd seen it somewhere:
http://teal-deer.tumblr.com/post/57910877901/siderealsandman-friendlytroll-astrakiseki
That raises some really good points.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #55268 on: July 30, 2014, 04:18:34 pm »

That was fantastic. 10/10.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55269 on: July 30, 2014, 04:22:52 pm »

I think I saw that some time ago...

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55270 on: July 30, 2014, 04:24:40 pm »

Damn, I was too late to stop the HFY from spreading.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55271 on: July 30, 2014, 04:28:28 pm »

Damn, I was too late to stop the HFY from spreading.
It was inevitable.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #55272 on: July 30, 2014, 04:30:26 pm »

It's a testament to humanity in general that we're brave enough to take our only chance of salvation and nail him to a cross.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55273 on: July 30, 2014, 04:32:04 pm »

At least two dead mice and one live one in two days. I may have an infestation going on in here.

At least the cats can catch them, though my sisters are less than pleased about that, for differing reasons.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55274 on: July 30, 2014, 04:34:16 pm »

Now I want to write a short story.
Do eeeeeeet

I think I might as well.
Pages: 1 ... 3683 3684 [3685] 3686 3687 ... 10984