Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3695 3696 [3697] 3698 3699 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13000790 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #55440 on: August 01, 2014, 08:54:29 pm »

-snip-
Did your parents buy your sister's iPod? Can't you guilt them into buying you one, too? *shrug*
Not sure how not 'trusting' them comes into the equation. I don't trust the sweatshop workers who make my underwear, yet I still stick my nude, sweaty self into them every day. I haven't died. Yet.
Nope, she saved up the cash herself.

Trusting: I don't approve of how Apple tries to rake in all the money for itself. (read: I'm a beardless linux-maniac neckbeard)

(So I'm a neck obsessed with linux, I guess)

Anyway, I don't really understand that mindset. What, does he think you're just collecting video games, and any old video to add to it will do? :I
I tried to convince him otherwise once. I made an argument something along the lines of:
Dad: *rants about how I have enough video games already*
Me: "They're sorta like movies and books. Imagine Robert Jordan came back from the dead to continue writing books. Would you stop buying them because you have 'enough Robert Jordan books'?"
Dad: *rants about how video games aren't books*

It's just a losing battle. I'm probably going to start having to cough up my own money, tax included, before I finish high school. (I mean, before, I'd take the bulk, and my mom would cover tax, along with the off chance I misjudged the price by a dollar or two.)

At least I have free roguelikes, insanely difficult old NES games (The first ever Batman game is a classic example!), and outdated tabletop RPGs with Bay12 in case I'm too poor at some point to manage.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55441 on: August 01, 2014, 09:03:45 pm »

But doesn't every company try their darnedest to rake in money? Isn't that the idea? Oh well.
Personally at the moment I just wish I *had* any money to be raked in. :P

(Phone post, excuse any poor formatting)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55442 on: August 01, 2014, 10:38:14 pm »

Was walking along through the CBD, thought I heard someone say my name.
I glanced around, spotted a group of people a short distance behind me including someone who looked a lot like a friend of mine, and for a moment I thought I must have known them and they'd called out to me- then they turned and walked off in a different direction.
I hate it when my brain is being all jumpy like this. Every half-heard word becomes my name, and every glimpsed face is someone I recognize. Stoopid brain. Stoopid anxiety. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55443 on: August 01, 2014, 10:42:59 pm »

I love my sleep-deprived brain.
I was just considering the possibilities of launching micronations into space.
I GMed a game like that (you are Latvia) with a friend in a long car ride once. It was pretty crappy, as all of my verbal short games are, but basically he installed rockets under Latvia and blasted into space. And helped Finland take over Russia. And nuked the Us, as all the Muricans just watched the missiles and said 'pretty...'. And tied a rope around a black hole, as well as a few stars and universes.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55444 on: August 02, 2014, 12:27:26 am »

Supervisor had us install google chrome, ad block plus and a personal url blocker on our machines.  While our trainer was remoted into another trainee's computer fixing an issue.  Our trainer warned us earlier in the class time that there were fake ones and to make sure we got the right one.

Super ended up having us all install a fake version of Ad Block plus.  Despite trainees mentioning that it has a very bad rating on the site and that they don't think that's the right one.  Sure enough it's fake.  Fortunately it doesn't do anything but direct to a bad site when you click it to configure.

I thought supervisors watched over trainers to keep them from making mistakes, not to cause us to do vpn disconnects and an hour of virus scanning. :P
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55445 on: August 02, 2014, 12:37:29 am »

Trying to make a sprite sheet, but I'm not entirely sure why. Apparently I've been at this for almost seven hours now.

Which is sad, since it's mostly just pre-existing sprites that I'm editing, as opposed to me actually making them from scratch. I'm barely over half-way done, too.

Also, my dad doesn't seem to consider pixel art as art.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55446 on: August 02, 2014, 12:52:35 am »

Your dad is a philistine :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55447 on: August 02, 2014, 01:02:26 am »

Your dad is a philistine :/

Actually, he's a better artist than I am. E: Not that I'm a good example. Everyone in my family that does art is much better than I am. /E. He was even offered a scholarship to an arts school before he graduated high-school.

Though he hasn't drawn in a long time.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:24:23 am by BlackFlyme »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55448 on: August 02, 2014, 01:06:19 am »

Then he should really know better. I guess that's why you're posting here in the WTF thread :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55449 on: August 02, 2014, 01:06:50 am »

Whilst saying it's somehow not art is a bit ridiculous, the kind of art a person likes is very subjective.
I despise manga, that doesn't mean it's not counted as art. Same as awful modern art pieces consisting of a couple splotches of paint on a canvas or a box placed on the ground... although that only counts as art because people claim that it is. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55450 on: August 02, 2014, 01:08:39 am »

I'm watching an LP of Hatoful boyfriend.  WTF Japan.  WTF. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #55451 on: August 02, 2014, 01:11:47 am »

It's surprisingly well written and serious once you get deeper into it.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55452 on: August 02, 2014, 01:48:34 am »

Just received a Facebook friend request from a complete stranger, presumably a spammer of some kind.
The weird thing is, unlike the usual spam profiles which have profile pictures of attractive females, this one has a cover photo saying "Senior Quotess" and the profile is what appears to be a yearbook photo of some guy with a bad, 80s-looking haircut, with the quote at the bottom saying "I didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose me."

If this is a spammer, are they even trying? What's the deal? O.o

Edit: Hmm, it appears I might actually know them from somewhere in meatspace- they're a member of several groups to do with my city and live music. Maybe I'm supposed to recognize their name from somewhere. >.> Still not gonna add them, but uh. Weird.
Nevermind, those were just groups Facebook decided to recommend to me for various reasons. I'm a derp.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:54:25 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55453 on: August 02, 2014, 02:10:14 am »

Apparently, the Thug Life chose you. I wonder if they give discounts?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55454 on: August 02, 2014, 02:56:15 am »

My brain has apparently decided to associate a webcomic I recently read and a particular line in a song that I started listening to around the same time. There's virtually no thematic similarity between the two, and even though I thoroughly enjoyed both the song and the webcomic, the feeling I get from the association is negative and feels kind of like anxiety.

Now I can't entirely enjoy the song because I just start thinking about the webcomic and feel anxious. Dammit.
Pages: 1 ... 3695 3696 [3697] 3698 3699 ... 10974