Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3697 3698 [3699] 3700 3701 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996055 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #55470 on: August 02, 2014, 02:22:22 pm »

Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?

Since I use a spade and insane overarm swings to butcher the pieces, I think I'm off to a good start.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55471 on: August 02, 2014, 02:28:57 pm »

imgur started redirecting my randimg to the album page instead of the image itself what sorta weird shit is this

happens with others too but i may or may not be the only one since nobody is shouting at my avatar's fuckups in the avatar threads

goddamnit are they succumbing to youtube syndrome

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #55472 on: August 02, 2014, 02:29:52 pm »

No, it's happening to mine too. I'm confused though, because I can see yours fine but not mine, and other people can see mine.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55473 on: August 02, 2014, 02:30:31 pm »

I prefer the olden treatment ... feed 'em to the fire.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55474 on: August 02, 2014, 03:15:20 pm »

... so they have multivitamin gummies now. Like. Gummy bears, but multivitamins. Actually more like sugared gumdrops but whatever.

And, uh. They. Actually taste pretty good? Honestly one of the best tasting gummy products I have consumed in my lifetime, which is just ruddy weird. Health-stuff managing a better taste than the dedicated candy makers, what's up with that?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55475 on: August 02, 2014, 03:21:00 pm »

... so they have multivitamin gummies now. Like. Gummy bears, but multivitamins. Actually more like sugared gumdrops but whatever.

And, uh. They. Actually taste pretty good? Honestly one of the best tasting gummy products I have consumed in my lifetime, which is just ruddy weird. Health-stuff managing a better taste than the dedicated candy makers, what's up with that?
...I had those as a kid. They've been around for a while.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55476 on: August 02, 2014, 03:24:24 pm »

On the phone with my mom. She was asking me if I like the can opener she got me. I haven't used it yet.

She is now made at me for not using it. She bought it for me, so I have to cherish it and use it often, apparently.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #55477 on: August 02, 2014, 03:26:08 pm »

There's this thing called lying, ya know.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #55478 on: August 02, 2014, 03:31:55 pm »

I dunno, if my mother was a total bitch I'd probably relish being honest with her.
"No, mother. I haven't used the can opener you bough for me. And you know what? I really enjoyed not using it."
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55479 on: August 02, 2014, 03:33:38 pm »

WHY ARE CHILDREN SCREAMING AND CRYING AND RUNNING AROUND ON MY GODDAMN LAWN  >:(
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55480 on: August 02, 2014, 03:43:19 pm »

Because it's international children punting day and the local punting council made the requisite delivery for your domicile. Get to punting! It's that time of year.

Note: I take no responsibility for any criminal charges that may arise from taking this advice.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #55481 on: August 02, 2014, 03:45:22 pm »

Oh, yeah, I take those. I also have fish oil gummies, which don't have the awful taste of regular fish oil pills.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #55482 on: August 02, 2014, 03:51:19 pm »

-snip-
Did your parents buy your sister's iPod? Can't you guilt them into buying you one, too? *shrug*
Not sure how not 'trusting' them comes into the equation. I don't trust the sweatshop workers who make my underwear, yet I still stick my nude, sweaty self into them every day. I haven't died. Yet.
Nope, she saved up the cash herself.

Trusting: I don't approve of how Apple tries to rake in all the money for itself. (read: I'm a beardless linux-maniac neckbeard)

(So I'm a neck obsessed with linux, I guess)

Anyway, I don't really understand that mindset. What, does he think you're just collecting video games, and any old video to add to it will do? :I
I tried to convince him otherwise once. I made an argument something along the lines of:
Dad: *rants about how I have enough video games already*
Me: "They're sorta like movies and books. Imagine Robert Jordan came back from the dead to continue writing books. Would you stop buying them because you have 'enough Robert Jordan books'?"
Dad: *rants about how video games aren't books*

It's just a losing battle. I'm probably going to start having to cough up my own money, tax included, before I finish high school. (I mean, before, I'd take the bulk, and my mom would cover tax, along with the off chance I misjudged the price by a dollar or two.)

At least I have free roguelikes, insanely difficult old NES games (The first ever Batman game is a classic example!), and outdated tabletop RPGs with Bay12 in case I'm too poor at some point to manage.
Right, so here's what I advise. Prefacing, of course, with the knowledge that it could backfire if you aren't careful.
First, completely drop asking for video games. Then, figure out on average what your family spends on certain stuff for you over the course of a year or so. Breaking it down into categories of things like clothing, entertainment, junk food, and things like that. Then, figure out which categories won't result in immediate death if horribly mismanaged, excluding those which would (things like healthy/staple food items). Then, figure out which of those you think you could optimize the costs for to save money. Eating less expensive junk food, buying less new clothing, ect. Those are the categories you will want to take over control of; those which you could modify spending habits on and which you can't screw up to the point where anything really bad happens.

Then, take those rough figures to your parents (who are likely already aware of them, and have probably budgeted for them with a more accurate estimate than you) and request to take up financial responsibility for those categories. Not increasing anything or any monetary costs to them; simply reallocating the responsibility to yourself. If they are still hesitant, suggest stipulations like "50% of the saved money will go into a long term savings account for college/ect." You can then minmax those categories to your liking to get left over spending money each month.

So long as you ensure you aren't highballing the figure, they don't have good incentives not to do this. You just have to be careful they don't lowball the figure too much. But all in all, someone with nothing better to do than minmax their spending habits will be able to significantly cut costs for such categories of goods as clothing and junk food will be quite capable of saving a lot of money over a parent buying whatever stuff happened to look good at walmart for them.

Just asking for video games or such outright is basically saying "Hey, you know that budget you carefully crafted so you would have enough left over for your hobbies and entertainment? I want to take some of your leftover hobby and entertainment money." They have no incentive whatsoever to do that. Whereas with this plan, they don't suffer monetarily, while giving you what you want and reducing stress from them needing to think about and consider your needs for clothing, snacks, ect. And ensuring their kid has a good understanding of budgeting, finance, and responsibility for them tends to be a plus for the sort of parents who worry about their children having too many video games.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 03:58:09 pm by alway »

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55483 on: August 02, 2014, 03:58:05 pm »

I love my sleep-deprived brain.
I was just considering the possibilities of launching micronations into space.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55484 on: August 02, 2014, 04:02:03 pm »

Because it's international children punting day and the local punting council made the requisite delivery for your domicile. Get to punting! It's that time of year.

Note: I take no responsibility for any criminal charges that may arise from taking this advice.
they finally left

i can finally rest

goddamn kids, it's hot out, go to the beach or some shit, we're in PEI IN THE SUMMER THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE LIVE HERE IS BEACHES
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 3697 3698 [3699] 3700 3701 ... 10973