Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3826 3827 [3828] 3829 3830 ... 9933

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 6160162 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #57405 on: August 29, 2014, 05:23:16 pm »

Yes, thank you dream brain. Pokemon's Together Forever is the proper soundtrack to electrocuting dozens of people to death with a fuckoff huge lightning cannon.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #57406 on: August 29, 2014, 05:44:24 pm »

Don't taunt 4chan, they'll hear it and take it as a challenge
*Koss dons war-helmet, tankard of booze, and loads revolver.

LET THEM COME!
Yeah, because that's a good idea.
They'll probably look at the Upper Boards first, turn around, and never come back.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57407 on: August 29, 2014, 05:57:37 pm »

Bay12's hidden strength: Defense in depth.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #57408 on: August 29, 2014, 06:38:53 pm »

Bay12's hidden strength: Defense in depth.
No, I meant that even (most of) 4chan would be slightly repulsed by the idea of experiments determining which sort of animal to lock in a small room with a child to ensure that the child is sufficiently mentally scarred to become the optimal soldier.

DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57409 on: August 29, 2014, 06:53:57 pm »

The most likely scenario would be that they'd be enraged at the local treatment of cats, and then start DDOSing the forum's server. Or worse.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57410 on: August 29, 2014, 07:26:35 pm »

So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57411 on: August 29, 2014, 07:27:06 pm »

So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
And then I sig it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57412 on: August 29, 2014, 07:27:17 pm »

There's a hand mirror, a pair of tweezers, and a pair of scissors in my room, and they aren't mine. My mom sometimes comes down to do her eyebrows in my room, and I don't know why. This started shortly after I came back from my dad's.

E: While I was at my dad's she was using my room so that she wouldn't have to share a room with her boyfriend. That's probably why the stuff is down here. But she hasn't removed them, and has still been using them in my room.

Tangent thought I just had: Ever look back on stuff you did/made and wonder what the hell was wrong with you?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 07:32:24 pm by BlackFlyme »
I take great solace in your flammability.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57413 on: August 29, 2014, 07:28:12 pm »

No, but I wonder what the hell is wrong with your moms, B12. You guys need locking doors.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • The first mankind, all over the world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57414 on: August 29, 2014, 07:42:14 pm »

Tangent thought I just had: Ever look back on stuff you did/made and wonder what the hell was wrong with you?
Yes. All the time. Thoughts like that come up randomly, and I habitually start doing whatever I'm doing harder or do something like check my watch when they come.

I hate them.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57415 on: August 29, 2014, 08:54:41 pm »

You guys need locking doors.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a door in the inside of a house that had a lock on it, other than washrooms.

Yes. All the time. Thoughts like that come up randomly, and I habitually start doing whatever I'm doing harder or do something like check my watch when they come. I hate them.

I was thinking more along the lines of literally looking at old things you wrote or drew or whatever and regretting it. Though I guess intrusive thoughts count as well. They aren't nice.

E: Didn't realize until now that most of the heat in the basement here came from my desktop. All of the vents are shut, and the AC shouldn't be low enough to be freezing me like this. Either the AC is working more than it should or this basement is naturally cold.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 09:05:26 pm by BlackFlyme »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57416 on: August 29, 2014, 09:03:17 pm »

We all know what happened last time Bay12 got involved in inter-Web conflicts...
Do we? I don't. The closest thing I can think of is the Cataclysm troll, but that's not really much of a conflict.
Do not worry Comrade, your anime is safe with us, the people. Do not forget that we love capitalism and Donald Trump like you do, and also anime. Watch all the anime you want Comrade, because now it is free for the worker -w-working class. It is free for the working class. Comrade.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57417 on: August 29, 2014, 09:04:20 pm »

I can't even remember the last time I saw a door in the inside of a house that had a lock on it, other than washrooms.
Lockable door knob's like less than 10 bucks at walmart (so almost certainly under 20, regardless of where you shop in the states), in my area, and can be installed in <10 minutes (if you're somewhat practiced at it -- less than a half hour even if you're taking awhile.) with nothing but a screwdriver (probably phillip's head). Easier'n pie.

Just throwing that out there, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57418 on: August 29, 2014, 09:07:00 pm »

Lockable door knob's like less than 10 bucks at walmart (so almost certainly under 20, regardless of where you shop in the states), in my area, and can be installed in <10 minutes (if you're somewhat practiced at it -- less than a half hour even if you're taking awhile.) with nothing but a screwdriver (probably phillip's head). Easier'n pie.

Just throwing that out there, heh.

I get in enough trouble for closing my door even halfway  :-\

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57419 on: August 29, 2014, 09:12:20 pm »

I can also reliably inform you that electrical fencing also isn't terribly expensive and, if you're careful, can be re-purposed to keep jackhats from sticking their hands where they shouldn't be. That's going a bit far, though.

Just... keep head down, heart up, do what you need to until you can get out, and then disown the buggers and move to the other side of the country. Best plan.

Though somewhat tangential to the discussion, I guess.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 3826 3827 [3828] 3829 3830 ... 9933