Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3813 3814 [3815] 3816 3817 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13005799 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #57210 on: August 29, 2014, 07:26:35 pm »

So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57211 on: August 29, 2014, 07:27:06 pm »

So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
And then I sig it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57212 on: August 29, 2014, 07:27:17 pm »

There's a hand mirror, a pair of tweezers, and a pair of scissors in my room, and they aren't mine. My mom sometimes comes down to do her eyebrows in my room, and I don't know why. This started shortly after I came back from my dad's.

E: While I was at my dad's she was using my room so that she wouldn't have to share a room with her boyfriend. That's probably why the stuff is down here. But she hasn't removed them, and has still been using them in my room.

Tangent thought I just had: Ever look back on stuff you did/made and wonder what the hell was wrong with you?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 07:32:24 pm by BlackFlyme »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57213 on: August 29, 2014, 07:28:12 pm »

No, but I wonder what the hell is wrong with your moms, B12. You guys need locking doors.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #57214 on: August 29, 2014, 07:42:14 pm »

Tangent thought I just had: Ever look back on stuff you did/made and wonder what the hell was wrong with you?
Yes. All the time. Thoughts like that come up randomly, and I habitually start doing whatever I'm doing harder or do something like check my watch when they come.

I hate them.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57215 on: August 29, 2014, 08:54:41 pm »

You guys need locking doors.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a door in the inside of a house that had a lock on it, other than washrooms.

Yes. All the time. Thoughts like that come up randomly, and I habitually start doing whatever I'm doing harder or do something like check my watch when they come. I hate them.

I was thinking more along the lines of literally looking at old things you wrote or drew or whatever and regretting it. Though I guess intrusive thoughts count as well. They aren't nice.

E: Didn't realize until now that most of the heat in the basement here came from my desktop. All of the vents are shut, and the AC shouldn't be low enough to be freezing me like this. Either the AC is working more than it should or this basement is naturally cold.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 09:05:26 pm by BlackFlyme »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57216 on: August 29, 2014, 09:03:17 pm »

We all know what happened last time Bay12 got involved in inter-Web conflicts...
Do we? I don't. The closest thing I can think of is the Cataclysm troll, but that's not really much of a conflict.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57217 on: August 29, 2014, 09:04:20 pm »

I can't even remember the last time I saw a door in the inside of a house that had a lock on it, other than washrooms.
Lockable door knob's like less than 10 bucks at walmart (so almost certainly under 20, regardless of where you shop in the states), in my area, and can be installed in <10 minutes (if you're somewhat practiced at it -- less than a half hour even if you're taking awhile.) with nothing but a screwdriver (probably phillip's head). Easier'n pie.

Just throwing that out there, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57218 on: August 29, 2014, 09:07:00 pm »

Lockable door knob's like less than 10 bucks at walmart (so almost certainly under 20, regardless of where you shop in the states), in my area, and can be installed in <10 minutes (if you're somewhat practiced at it -- less than a half hour even if you're taking awhile.) with nothing but a screwdriver (probably phillip's head). Easier'n pie.

Just throwing that out there, heh.

I get in enough trouble for closing my door even halfway  :-\

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57219 on: August 29, 2014, 09:12:20 pm »

I can also reliably inform you that electrical fencing also isn't terribly expensive and, if you're careful, can be re-purposed to keep jackhats from sticking their hands where they shouldn't be. That's going a bit far, though.

Just... keep head down, heart up, do what you need to until you can get out, and then disown the buggers and move to the other side of the country. Best plan.

Though somewhat tangential to the discussion, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #57220 on: August 29, 2014, 10:10:40 pm »

We all know what happened last time Bay12 got involved in inter-Web conflicts...
Do we? I don't. The closest thing I can think of is the Cataclysm troll, but that's not really much of a conflict.
* IronTomato sits down and listens intently

Story time? :3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57221 on: August 29, 2014, 10:24:25 pm »

I don't remember enough of last night's dream/s to make a Dream Thread post, but I was just casually talking to some people and then it ended abruptly when I pooped my pants and quickly woke myself up, horrified, to check if it had really happened.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #57222 on: August 29, 2014, 10:28:34 pm »

He came from the cataclysm forums where he had his own mod, which was decent but poorly coded in some respects.  He REALLY wanted his code to be merged with the main branch, which it wasn't.  This gave him some sort of vendetta against the entire project.

Fast forward to later.  I believe it was after the kickstarter so a lot of bay12ers became cata devs and our forum thread was pretty big.  He came in and started incoherently bashing everyone and starting fights.  Got banned.  OK, whatever.  Then a new account with a suspiciously similar name came in and continued the "conversation", not even pretending to not be the same person.  Got banned again.

Then a new account came with a familiar vendetta...

Long story short this guy KEPT creating accounts, which kept getting banned and the posts kept getting deleted.  No one responded, it was in the thread title not to feed the bandodger and everyone knew what that meant.  He evidently didn't care about getting a reaction, unlike most trolls.  This continued for weeks.  Apparently he'd done this before on the main cataclysm forums, and in other places unrelated to cataclysm before that.  Guess he just really wanted recognition for his "greatness".
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #57223 on: August 29, 2014, 10:38:29 pm »

I've had dreams about peeing my pants before now. I can't really remember anything other than that I was peeing. So yeah.

Shortly after 0.40.01 was released, and people has discovered the whole gay dwarves thing, some guy made a post about how this could tie into simulating cultures and their tolerance to that kind of thing. The discussion went on for a couple of pages before some trolls from Tumblr showed up, and the thread disintegrated into flaming war of death, so Toady squished it.
Anyway, the trolls brought their friends, and posts started cropping up everywhere about how DF is a horribly oppressive game and all Bay12ers are privileged neckbeards or whatever. It was particularly bad in the Sad Thread, especially once a couple of 4channers decided the best thing for it was to fight fire with fire.
By the end of it, many threads were locked, many posts were scrubbed, and many accounts were banned. Almost as many as Spambot Day.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #57224 on: August 30, 2014, 12:18:15 am »

That 'gay dwarves' thing blew up? I mustn't have noticed it, perhaps it was at a time when I left the forum out of false paranoia.
Cool story though.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 3813 3814 [3815] 3816 3817 ... 10974