Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4024 4025 [4026] 4027 4028 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997105 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #60375 on: October 11, 2014, 03:51:26 pm »

I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday. Dunno what was the reason, but at least 3 of them were together (maybe 4). Each had a different colour. (and one had a brown one that didn't go at all with his suit). My life is so great.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60376 on: October 11, 2014, 03:51:44 pm »

And that, kids, is how a sphinx is created.
Nope, that's how the sub-Saharan African mafia sends a message. The leg was a newbie making a mistake.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #60377 on: October 11, 2014, 04:13:16 pm »

I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday. Dunno what was the reason, but at least 3 of them were together (maybe 4). Each had a different colour. (and one had a brown one that didn't go at all with his suit). My life is so great.
Tip together, tip forever

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #60378 on: October 11, 2014, 04:19:37 pm »

I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
Hello, Sig
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #60379 on: October 11, 2014, 04:29:51 pm »

There were like four freshmen at my college who always wore fedoras. You usually only saw two at a time, but sometimes they all had lunch together.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #60380 on: October 11, 2014, 04:54:31 pm »

New phone.  Or rather incredibly old phone.  My touchscreen kissed the pavement on its corner and its webbed pretty bad.

Plus side:  I hated touch screen phone.  I hated the phone's carrier and I hated the phone.

Minus:  Touchscreen is fairly convenient, while I liked some keyboards (like the Blackberry) I hate the idea of a physical qwerty keypad, and this phone is old.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #60381 on: October 11, 2014, 05:20:05 pm »

At least the guy DID have a suit. Could be worse. But eh, it's a nice hat all in all and connotations aside. It's just that wearing one and, say, cargo pants is like wearing a rainbow-colored baseball cap with a tuxedo. Does not compute.

But, my actual reason for posting: we've got some assignments to do before the Biochemistry lab on Monday, and they are STUPID easy.

I am not exaggerating. One of the question is, for example: Alice and Bob are cooking 1 kg of potatoes each. Whose potatoes will be more salty:
a) Alice cooks them in 1 liter of water, Bob cooks them in 2 liters of water, both used 1 tspn of salt
b) Both cook them in 1 liter of water, Alice added 1 tspn of salt, Bob added 2 tspns.
c) Alice cooks the potatoes in 1 liter of water with 1 tspn of salt, Bob in 2 liters using 2 tspns.
What's the density of the salt, that can change things and it varies a surprising amount depending on the source and production method and suchlike. MEASURE ALL THINGS BY WEIGHT AND IGNORE HYGROSCOPY
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #60382 on: October 11, 2014, 06:01:30 pm »

Yeah, that's the thing. It's so painfully stupid I'm starting to think of a way this might be devious, but all others are like that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60383 on: October 11, 2014, 06:04:40 pm »

I am not exaggerating. One of the question is, for example: Alice and Bob are cooking 1 kg of potatoes each. Whose potatoes will be more salty:
a) Alice cooks them in 1 liter of water, Bob cooks them in 2 liters of water, both used 1 tspn of salt
b) Both cook them in 1 liter of water, Alice added 1 tspn of salt, Bob added 2 tspns.
c) Alice cooks the potatoes in 1 liter of water with 1 tspn of salt, Bob in 2 liters using 2 tspns

Ooooh a logic puzzle.

A) Alice
b) Bob
C) Neither

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60384 on: October 11, 2014, 06:13:58 pm »

...Yeah, that chemistry question is just obnoxious and bad.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #60385 on: October 11, 2014, 06:18:05 pm »

...Yeah, that chemistry question is just obnoxious and bad.
I love the Power Glove Obnoxious Question.

It's so bad.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #60386 on: October 11, 2014, 08:13:01 pm »

WTF is gamergate?  Why would you name a gaming anything with a name one letter off from an online games distributor for one, and for two what could possibly have happened in the gaming world to be comparable to fucking watergate?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #60387 on: October 11, 2014, 08:18:11 pm »

Some chick named Zoe Quinn made a game, stuff got out about her using all sorts of lies and trickery to get favorable reviews, the thing ended up a shitstorm.

There were a few threads about it here, if you're willing to trawl that far back.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #60388 on: October 11, 2014, 08:21:26 pm »

To the last part of the question I noticed that lately the internet has been calling nearly every scandal or shitstorm "somethinggate" these days.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #60389 on: October 11, 2014, 08:22:48 pm »

To the last part of the question I noticed that lately the internet has been calling nearly every scandal or shitstorm "somethinggate" these days.
Replace "the internet" with "everybody," and replace "these days" with "since Watergate" and you're right on the money.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 4024 4025 [4026] 4027 4028 ... 10973