Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4082 4083 [4084] 4085 4086 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13136976 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #61245 on: October 22, 2014, 04:46:20 pm »

I spent the last three hours producing a 7 page paper . . .

I had all the material (or rather most of it), so I wasnt bogged down with a lot of that, but I have the feeling that it wouldn't stand up to scrutiny.  But if it were just a commentary piece outside of a classroom I think it would be okay.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #61246 on: October 22, 2014, 04:47:36 pm »

So I was reading the new D&D Monster Manual, and I discovered what is quite possibly one of the stupidest monsters I have ever seen. It's called a "rug of smothering". It's an evil rug. Seriously.
You can outfit an entire room with nothing but entries from DnD monster manuals. This includes the floor, walls, roof, and atmosphere.
I am going to put my players through a dungeon consisting of one room now.
The past is the futu- Damned ninjas.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #61247 on: October 22, 2014, 04:48:07 pm »

So I was reading the new D&D Monster Manual, and I discovered what is quite possibly one of the stupidest monsters I have ever seen. It's called a "rug of smothering". It's an evil rug. Seriously.
You can outfit an entire room with nothing but entries from DnD monster manuals. This includes the floor, walls, roof, and atmosphere.

It isn't that bad of a monster. It just isn't a good monster to use as one in a random encounter.

Besides this is dnd... Rugs are MADE of traps. Every dungeon has one booby-trapped rug.
What if the rug is the trap? You step on a pressure plate and suddenly there's an ugly rug totally throwing off the room's feng shui and it's just clashing with everyone's sense of decorating. Also the rug eats faces.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61249 on: October 22, 2014, 04:52:43 pm »

They should hook them up to ropes and suspend them so we can swing on them.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61250 on: October 22, 2014, 04:59:24 pm »

What if the rug is the trap? You step on a pressure plate and suddenly there's an ugly rug totally throwing off the room's feng shui and it's just clashing with everyone's sense of decorating. Also the rug eats faces.

DM: "You find yourself in a large room.  At the west side of the room there is a large hearth already ablaze, a soft warm glow is spread throughout the room.  Your company feels a sense of peace whilst in the room."

Rogue: "I find any easy to snag loot and take it with me."

DM: "As you're taking a golden candelabra from a nearby table, your foot sinks slightly into the ground.  A grinding noise is heard from above as a portion of the ceiling slides back.  A rug that can only be described as impossible to look at has just fallen into the room with you.  The sense of peace has been broken, no matter how much you try to ignore the rug you can still feel its unadulterated hideousness emanating from its resting spot on the other side of the room.  You take -3 to all will saves while in the dungeon.  The Barbarian's rage is also immediately procced and smashes a table in his righteous fury."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 05:14:21 pm by Karkov »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #61251 on: October 22, 2014, 05:04:14 pm »

This is what happens when your rug doesn't pull the room together very well.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #61252 on: October 22, 2014, 05:08:19 pm »

That's why all rugs should be black holes - they pull the room in perfectly.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61253 on: October 22, 2014, 05:11:38 pm »

I am going to put my players through a dungeon consisting of one room now.
The past is the futu- Damned ninjas.
>duck bunny
sides. orbit. send NASA.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #61254 on: October 22, 2014, 05:12:05 pm »

That's why all rugs should be black holes - they pull the room in perfectly.
This belongs in my sig.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 05:35:35 pm by Octobomb »
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61256 on: October 22, 2014, 05:34:23 pm »

DM: "You find yourself in a large room.  At the west side of the room there is a large hearth already ablaze, a soft warm glow is spread throughout the room.  Your company feels a sense of peace whilst in the room."

Rogue: "I find any easy to snag loot and take it with me."

DM: "As you're taking a golden candelabra from a nearby table, your foot sinks slightly into the ground.  A grinding noise is heard from above as a portion of the ceiling slides back.  A rug that can only be described as impossible to look at has just fallen into the room with you.  The sense of peace has been broken, no matter how much you try to ignore the rug you can still feel its unadulterated hideousness emanating from its resting spot on the other side of the room.  You take -3 to all will saves while in the dungeon.  The Barbarian's rage is also immediately procced and smashes a table in his righteous fury."
The dnd game me and a few friends used to play pulled the save room concept from video games.  If they lost they could reload back in that room.  The room also gave increased resting speed and prevented most resting encounters.  Reasons were handwaved.

If they died and came back they were still supposed to RP that it was their first time encountering stuff beyond but the characters were allowed to have stuff like bad feelings or intuition sway their decisions.  That would just be awesome if that was one of those rooms and on top of all that once the rug showed up it disabled all the save room bonuses and functionality too.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61257 on: October 22, 2014, 05:36:37 pm »

Have them be chased by the rug into the save room, where they think they'll be safe, only for the rug to magically affix itself to the floor!
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61258 on: October 22, 2014, 05:36:46 pm »

Well at least nobody's ragging on the flumph yet. Intelligent, friendly glowing cave jellyfish don't deserve no hate.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61259 on: October 22, 2014, 05:40:58 pm »

Well at least nobody's ragging on the flumph yet. Intelligent, friendly glowing cave jellyfish don't deserve no hate.

OOTS does use them as a sort of running gag though.
Pages: 1 ... 4082 4083 [4084] 4085 4086 ... 10980