Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4123 4124 [4125] 4126 4127 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13006798 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #61860 on: October 30, 2014, 08:18:29 pm »

I actually tried once.

I abandoned the thing after realizing the skill-count was roughly half that of FATAL, which was terrible, along with the fact that I just made up rolls on the fly. (KILLIN' TIME, ROLL A D12, BECAUSE WHY THE HELL NOT)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61861 on: October 30, 2014, 08:20:36 pm »

Going home on the bus. Look out the window and see a shirtless man roller-blading by while playing a guitar. 0_0
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #61862 on: October 30, 2014, 08:21:43 pm »

Yeah, but it's not something I'm used to the thought of.
How is little Max doing anyway? How's the face punching training going? You three turning it into a family business?
I feel like that really spoke to me.
This doesn't surprise me. And that worries me.
E. Damn ninjas.
Considering the unequivocal chaos anything run by Bay12 evolves into, it'd have to be as flexible as df itself.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #61863 on: October 30, 2014, 08:23:00 pm »

I actually tried once.

I abandoned the thing after realizing the skill-count was roughly half that of FATAL, which was terrible, along with the fact that I just made up rolls on the fly. (KILLIN' TIME, ROLL A D12, BECAUSE WHY THE HELL NOT)
It might be more successful if it's a collaborative effort.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61864 on: October 30, 2014, 08:25:44 pm »

News of the day:

Man busted for beheading warlock after disagreements over witchcraft
... yeah, we get a few kids killed by exorcisms every year or two, too. Think there's a few other things of similar nature -- parents denying kids medical care and whatnot. There's some dark places in the states.

Heh, I remember when the satanism scare was big news back in the early 90's. There's an actual shortage of satanists / witches going around murdering people, and a lot more killing in the name of a god. The belief that a higher power absolves you of personal responsibility is a double edged sword. I kinda doubt the murder rate by witchcraft practitioners is very high, considering it would be big news if it happened.

The 1980's satanism panic is really interesting. The media at the time was reporting there were 50,000 satanists in the USA running around doing unspeakable things to kids etc. Apparently a lot of it started because some schizophrenic woman belived there was a huge network of tunnels under her kid's daycare where they did satanic ritual abuse. Of course this was completely stark raving bonkers, but it was enough to cause a mass panic for over 10 years. Some claims at trial included:

Seeing witches fly; travel in a hot air balloon; abuse and travel through underground tunnels; identifying actor Chuck Norris from a series of pictures as an abuser; orgies at car washes and airports, children being flushed down toilets to secret rooms where they would be abused, then cleaned up and presented back to their unsuspecting parents (McMartin preschool trial, no forensic evidence was found to support these claims)

These things came from kids who were questioned with "special" techniques that used to be standard police procedure. But it's obviously that people can't really fly, and being flushed down a toilet to a secret labyrinth full of witches is just crazy bullshit. Since then, those police interview techniques have become a little suspect.

Interestingly I read a article that the number "50000" turns up quite often in these crazy conspiracy memes, from the 1950's communist scare and the 1980's satanism scare, and in current conspiracies. That's because 50000 is a small enough number to be believable but large enough to be scary. The most recent one I can quote is a "study" (actually not a real study) that says there are 50000 pedophiles on the internet at any one time, all coming to get YOUR KID.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 08:32:10 pm by Reelya »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #61865 on: October 30, 2014, 08:30:43 pm »

The Antichrist is too busy playing Dungeons and Dragon to lead the force of darkness nowadays.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61866 on: October 30, 2014, 08:37:51 pm »

Shhh, Jack Chick is going to come over here and troll us harder.

He's already doing it by thinking that rock music is occult material, that your average college biology teacher believes that it is impossible for atoms to be held together by the strong force, that Halloween celebrates Satan's birthday, and that evolution is a Nazism-duplicate religion.

But if you bring up D&D, he's probably going to find out about Dwarf Fortress and write a Chick Tract about it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 08:42:29 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #61867 on: October 30, 2014, 08:40:17 pm »

But atoms are held together by gluons. They carry strong force.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61868 on: October 30, 2014, 08:41:07 pm »

...that Halloween celebrates Satan's birthday...

What. Seriously. Halloween was originally ALL HALLOWS EVE, a CHRISTIAN holiday. Before this, I thought Jack Chick was just a really fanatical and behind the times religious dude. Now? I just think he's fucking insane.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61869 on: October 30, 2014, 08:42:43 pm »

You should see his tract(s) about the Catholic Church, Naziism, Communism, and Islam. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #61870 on: October 30, 2014, 08:44:55 pm »

Coming Soon: How the Chick Stole Christmas.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61871 on: October 30, 2014, 08:45:35 pm »

he's probably going to find out about Dwarf Fortress and write a Chick Tract about it.
That would be the most mind-bendingly hilarious thing ever.

"The alphabet is here to kill you for your beard and socks."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #61872 on: October 30, 2014, 08:46:16 pm »

Going home on the bus. Look out the window and see a shirtless man roller-blading by while playing a guitar. 0_0
Sounds like something you'd see on a college campus. Or Woodstock.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61873 on: October 30, 2014, 08:47:53 pm »

But atoms are held together by gluons. They carry strong force.
Ah, yes, but Jack Chick thinks that a couple sentences from some evangelism-science blender guy can disprove that.
You should see his tract(s) about the Catholic Church, Naziism, Communism, and Islam. :P
Oh, but who could forget his most famous one?

NO, NOT BLACK LEAF! NO! I'M GOING TO DIE!

Marcie, get out of here. You're dead! You don't exist anymore.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61874 on: October 30, 2014, 08:49:04 pm »

Sounds like something you'd see on a college campus. Or Woodstock.

You reminded me of this.
Pages: 1 ... 4123 4124 [4125] 4126 4127 ... 10974