Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4127 4128 [4129] 4130 4131 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13000012 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #61920 on: October 31, 2014, 01:14:34 pm »

Well. That was new.

I've never had a paint roller thingjigger break on me before. Definitely drew a blink when the metal part receded into the handle like a recalcitrant turtle and started spinning around like it'd had a few too many shots.

Tomorrow, I guess I go get a new one. Hopefully one that's, y'know, mostly a single piece. I seem to have an annoying habit of breaking tools that aren't more or less solid. Sometimes ones that are, too, but it's less common.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #61921 on: October 31, 2014, 01:17:57 pm »

Bah.  Someone posted an Eren did it again thing.  I now have oops I did it again stuck in my head.

Hmmm, now might be the perfect time to say "Toxic."

Happy Halloween! Hehe.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #61922 on: October 31, 2014, 01:19:45 pm »

Ah, yes, but physical books are blessed with being the only place to find Old Man Henderson's backstory, while digital books are cursed with being the only place to find the unspeakable role-playing game with a 900-page pdf.
Bad news. The man who made Old Man Henderson burnt the backstory because it was essentially the roleplayer's necronomicon.
So, when Kevak prints out FATAL, ebooks and physical books will be on equal ground.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #61923 on: October 31, 2014, 01:24:57 pm »

Different dialects, sure. Mexican Spanish sounds fairly different from Spanish Spanish AFAIK.
But then why didn't they specify the English dialect?
Well, I never said it was a sensible thing to do... yeah, they're probably just stupid. Seems to be a running theme these days.

Ah, yes, but physical books are blessed with being the only place to find Old Man Henderson's backstory, while digital books are cursed with being the only place to find the unspeakable role-playing game with a 900-page pdf.
Bad news. The man who made Old Man Henderson burnt the backstory because it was essentially the roleplayer's necronomicon.
So, when Kevak prints out FATAL, ebooks and physical books will be on equal ground.
Why would someone burn the necronomicon? That doesn't make any sense to me. The book should go in a museum!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61924 on: October 31, 2014, 01:31:20 pm »

From what I remember, both people who told us Old Man Henderson's tales ended up testifying that the back story was an Eldritch artifact that no one's mind could fully comprehend, and that it was practically the embodiment of evil.  I'd totally go find the quotes about it but I don't think my work place would appreciate me digging through 1d4chan. >_>

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61925 on: October 31, 2014, 01:47:09 pm »

Annnd I just realized I've started growing ear hair. I know that it's a thing that happens as you get older, I just sort of thought I had a few more years at least... only a few for now at least.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61926 on: October 31, 2014, 02:39:25 pm »

The Antichrist is too busy playing Dungeons and Dragon to lead the force of darkness nowadays.
T-Tawarochir?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #61927 on: October 31, 2014, 04:23:50 pm »

The Antichrist is too busy playing Dungeons and Dragon to lead the force of darkness nowadays.
T-Tawarochir?
THIS.
IS.
GOING.
IN.
MY.
SIG.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #61928 on: October 31, 2014, 04:36:24 pm »

:c

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #61929 on: October 31, 2014, 04:37:59 pm »

T-Tawarochir?
THIS.
IS.
GOING.
IN.
MY.
SIG.
PLEASE.
STOP.
SIGGING.
EVERYTHING.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61930 on: October 31, 2014, 04:40:09 pm »

From what I remember, both people who told us Old Man Henderson's tales ended up testifying that the back story was an Eldritch artifact that no one's mind could fully comprehend, and that it was practically the embodiment of evil.  I'd totally go find the quotes about it but I don't think my work place would appreciate me digging through 1d4chan. >_>
Specifically, he made it so long that the DM could never look through it all and keep it in memory, so he'd switch out pages between sessions to give the details needed to justify anything. In addition, portions of it were written in Portuguese and German, languages unknown to the writer.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #61931 on: October 31, 2014, 04:42:23 pm »

T-Tawarochir?
THIS.
IS.
GOING.
IN.
MY.
SIG.
PLEASE.
STOP.
SIGGING.
EVERYTHING.
I don't sig everything.
Specifically, he made it so long that the DM could never look through it all and keep it in memory, so he'd switch out pages between sessions to give the details needed to justify anything. In addition, portions of it were written in Portuguese and German, languages unknown to the writer.
Quote from: Director's Cut
I kinda speak German, and I know he only knows one or two words in it.

The German was in his hand, and it was grammatically flawless.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61932 on: October 31, 2014, 04:48:26 pm »

Languages unknown to the writer of the character, yes.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #61933 on: October 31, 2014, 04:49:39 pm »

Did he pay a translator or something? Google Translate is too dumb for that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #61934 on: October 31, 2014, 04:49:47 pm »

ignore this post
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 4127 4128 [4129] 4130 4131 ... 10974