Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4562 4563 [4564] 4565 4566 ... 10970

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12951412 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #68445 on: January 26, 2015, 07:45:37 pm »

I just noticed that whenever you create a GameObject in Unity3D (as in GameObject -> Create Empty or -> Create Other...) it just drops it at some random coordinate with no rhyme or reason. At least it's always dropped them within view of the scene editor, but it's still incredibly inconvenient to re-position every object that I create instead of having a movable "cursor" object as in Blender where any created object will be dropped.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68446 on: January 26, 2015, 07:48:01 pm »

I saw the 50 shades of grey trailer

I KNEW I 100% KNEW they could never EVER make the movie true to the book because otherwise people would realize what a sack of horrid torture the book is.

Dear goodness it is probably the most rose tinted version of a piece of fiction I have EVER seen in my life... I mean SURE "In Pursuit of Happiness" seriously glossed over what a total train wreck the protagonist was and how little he often cared about his child, but the basic story was still there.

But let the heavens and earths remember that I WAS FREEKEN RIGHT!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I put the rest in spoilers because it is a rant, mostly because I've been in heated discussions. You can respond and quote the spoilered stuff. It is just spoiled because it is long and might be unpleasant for some people.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:07:27 pm by Neonivek »

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68447 on: January 26, 2015, 08:04:51 pm »

So TUL starts showing up on this other forum that I had been on earlier, not my fault this time, and I'm wondering. Am I his herald now?
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68448 on: January 26, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »

I'm not sure how many hours I slept for, but I had a lot of dreams.
I feel like I haven't fucking slept at all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68449 on: January 26, 2015, 08:16:50 pm »

I'm not sure how many hours I slept for, but I had a lot of dreams.
I feel like I haven't fucking slept at all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68450 on: January 26, 2015, 08:37:53 pm »

I feel like you're repeating yourself. Maybe this is still a dream?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68451 on: January 26, 2015, 08:39:28 pm »

Yoink. You're still dreaming. So, wake up, Mr. Freeman...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #68452 on: January 26, 2015, 11:30:13 pm »

I KNEW I 100% KNEW they could never EVER make the movie true to the book because otherwise people would realize what a sack of horrid torture the book is.

Dear goodness it is probably the most rose tinted version of a piece of fiction I have EVER seen in my life... I mean SURE "In Pursuit of Happiness" seriously glossed over what a total train wreck the protagonist was and how little he often cared about his child, but the basic story was still there.

What about SALO? That movie only had the frame story of the book it was based on (De Sade's Les Cent Vingt Journees De Sodome) and not the significantly more twisted flashbacks that comprise the bulk of the book.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #68453 on: January 27, 2015, 12:52:25 am »

Yoink. You're still dreaming. So, wake up, Mr. Freeman...
Wake up, number 37
wake up sheeple
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68454 on: January 27, 2015, 01:15:53 am »

What about SALO? That movie only had the frame story of the book it was based on (De Sade's Les Cent Vingt Journees De Sodome) and not the significantly more twisted flashbacks that comprise the bulk of the book.

Salo at least didn't advertise itself as an adaptation.

50 shades though? Dear goodness... they must have rewritten huge swaths of the book to make it work.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #68455 on: January 27, 2015, 01:31:13 am »

Salo at least didn't advertise itself as an adaptation.

I got the impression that it did.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68456 on: January 27, 2015, 08:04:59 am »

But let the heavens and earths remember that I WAS FREEKEN RIGHT!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I put the rest in spoilers because it is a rant, mostly because I've been in heated discussions. You can respond and quote the spoilered stuff. It is just spoiled because it is long and might be unpleasant for some people.
Whenever I see someone reading that book, I want to take it and beat them over the head with it. It's terrible drivel, and the fact that it's popular makes me WTF every friggin' day.

Another WTF, because it's the best place for it I guess. I just learnt that half my family is on anti-depressants and I didn't even know. Apparently anxiety and depression run strongly in my family. Well that's promising.....

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #68457 on: January 27, 2015, 12:28:31 pm »

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:07:18 am by penguinofhonor »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #68458 on: January 27, 2015, 12:42:23 pm »

So TUL starts showing up on this other forum that I had been on earlier, not my fault this time, and I'm wondering. Am I his herald now?
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68459 on: January 27, 2015, 04:41:10 pm »

Got sent to a barber shop. Hair is much shorter, but looks like it was actually cut by a professional, not a ten-year-old. But they used a straight-razor. It felt weird.

I also seem to be inept at understanding the rules to tabletop games. I've been playing for a few years now and still mess up basic things. On the bright side, this time it's in my favor. My paladin's meat motorcycle is much more badass than I previously thought. Some of the most fun I'm having, and it's with a fictional horse.
Pages: 1 ... 4562 4563 [4564] 4565 4566 ... 10970