Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4600 4601 [4602] 4603 4604 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998506 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69015 on: February 05, 2015, 12:31:37 pm »

Here's a bit of a WTF, if you want your beard to darken and thicken, you have to shave regularly.  Mine got so thick after my stint in the army that it completely destroys the edge of disposable razors, if I try to shave with them I go through two or more to get rid of the whole beard.  Tho' to be honest, my facial hair was awfully thick before that (just not two+ razors per shave thick).
Much like the misconception that hair grows faster if you cut it, it's not correct. After all, all you're doing is cutting off dead cells, nothing causes the body to go 'SHIT'S HAPPENING GROW!'
That said it is true that if you pull out the hair totally (on a location other then on your head) it's more likely to come back as the coarse beard-like hair then the soft, almost transparent stuff that people are born with on their bodies (assuming you have grown enough that your body is actually producing the coarse stuff elsewhere, of course).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69016 on: February 05, 2015, 12:59:46 pm »

I kept having dreams all last night of almost killing my goldfish.  From accidently draining all the water from their tank to putting them in the bathtub and filling it with hot water.   ???   Poor little guys.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #69017 on: February 05, 2015, 01:43:11 pm »

Went to sleep at 4:30 in the morning. Woke up at 8:30 by my alarm for a class at 9:30. Turn off alarm, lay back down for a few minutes. Suddenly it's 9:30 and I'm still in bed in pjs. Good start to the day, late to class, g-fooking-g, me. I don't even remember why I laid back down.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69018 on: February 05, 2015, 04:19:20 pm »

Went to sleep at 4:30 in the morning. Woke up at 8:30 by my alarm for a class at 9:30. Turn off alarm, lay back down for a few minutes. Suddenly it's 9:30 and I'm still in bed in pjs. Good start to the day, late to class, g-fooking-g, me. I don't even remember why I laid back down.
I tend to do the same thing, but I set three alarms at 10-minute intervals so that if I fall asleep again after the first I'll wake up to the second or third.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #69019 on: February 05, 2015, 04:22:27 pm »

I tend to do the same thing, but I set three alarms at 10-minute intervals so that if I fall asleep again after the first I'll wake up to the second or third.

Same thing, except if the thing is later than 8 AM I set YET another one, 'last chance' alarm.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69020 on: February 05, 2015, 04:26:18 pm »

Yesterday, I had a moustache.

Today, I have no moustache.

WHERE THE FUCK DID MY 'STACHE GO?! Granted, this is a good thing. Just a bit.... well, strange.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #69021 on: February 05, 2015, 04:38:05 pm »

WHERE THE FUCK DID MY 'STACHE GO?! Granted, this is a good thing. Just a bit.... well, strange.
Do you live with anyone? Maybe they managed to shave you while you were asleep. Which would be quite a feat, truth be told.

If you live alone, you may want to set up some posters, see if anyone found your 'stache.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 04:55:42 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #69022 on: February 05, 2015, 04:53:14 pm »

Do you live with anyone? Maybe they managed to shave you while you were asleep. Which would be quite a feat, truth be told.

If you leave alone, you may want to set up some posters, see if anyone found your 'stache.
Your inner-Durden must be at work again.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69023 on: February 05, 2015, 05:18:02 pm »

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #69025 on: February 05, 2015, 05:25:34 pm »

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #69026 on: February 05, 2015, 05:27:49 pm »

It's pretty soothing.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #69027 on: February 05, 2015, 06:00:02 pm »

It symbolises horrible, horrible wailing by being horrible, horrible wailing. Followed by monkey like noises.

EDIT: Of course, the title video includes feminism women so no looking at the comments.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69028 on: February 05, 2015, 06:08:17 pm »

I am of West Indes descent and grow blonde hairs on the back of my neck. Very spooky.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #69029 on: February 05, 2015, 06:09:22 pm »

The hairs on my arms have been alternating between light blonde and black for the past few years.

Not sure what's up with that to be honest.
Pages: 1 ... 4600 4601 [4602] 4603 4604 ... 10974