Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4615 4616 [4617] 4618 4619 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13130718 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69240 on: February 07, 2015, 11:09:41 pm »

Spoiler: gif (click to show/hide)
* Tawarochir makes a SAN check
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69241 on: February 07, 2015, 11:16:19 pm »

Spoiler: gif (click to show/hide)
* Tawarochir makes a SAN check
* Tawarochir rolls a 4!
* Tawarochir babbles incoherently!

Actually, it's probably best not to start yet another redtext spam fest in an emotion thread.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #69242 on: February 07, 2015, 11:18:15 pm »

Generally speaking, men don't willingly go through pregnancy because they lack the requisite organs.
Medical science can fix that. I want to say they've already managed once, a few years back, but if not they're close enough to being able to it's not really a substantiative roadblock for much longer. Fiscal roadblock, sure, but not functional.

I don't think anyone wants to give birth, though. Have kids, yes. Practice the bits before, obviously. Go through the hormonal trainwreck and the carrying bits... maybe. But birth itself? Sweet buggery hell no. It is intensely painful. Basically no one wants that shit. Certainly no one sane.

---

Also yes, robotnik has always been one of the more compelling sonic characters. Honestly, sonic himself is kinda' meh. Tails is a bit better, but it's the general other-people (Rotor, Bunny, Robotnik, Uncle Chuck, etc., etc., etc.) that really made the world.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69243 on: February 08, 2015, 12:33:44 am »

They haven't all the "Men" who became pregnant weren't biological men by strict definition... kind of... kind of not...

They were hermaphrodites who underwent gender swap surgery to make them men.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:36:11 am by Neonivek »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69244 on: February 08, 2015, 01:25:21 am »

They haven't all the "Men" who became pregnant weren't biological men by strict definition... kind of... kind of not...

They were hermaphrodites who underwent gender swap surgery to make them men.
So they had an outer glans (penis or penis-y dangle) and at least functioning internal eggs?
As for strict definition it'd probably be met if it is thus
1. a person bearing an X and Y chromosome pair in the cell nuclei and normally having a penis, scrotum, and testicles, and developing hair on the face at adolescence; a boy or man.
2. an organism of the sex or sexual phase that normally produces a sperm cell or male gamete.
and their male bits produced swimmers.

Also why do we use "male" as a gender/sex/whatever-t-f when it means "evil" when used as a prefix?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69245 on: February 08, 2015, 01:56:14 am »

I think they were in fact simply ftm transsexuals and thus from a biological and medical standpoint not men at all.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69246 on: February 08, 2015, 02:04:32 am »

Also why do we use "male" as a gender/sex/whatever-t-f when it means "evil" when used as a prefix?
Actually, it's mal-. The two are unrelated except that they both come from Latin - male is related (obviously) to "masculine", having come from the same root (with "male" mutated through French and then into English, while "masculine" comes directly from Latin). "Mal-" as in "maleficent", "malevolent", etc. comes from the Latin malus, meaning "bad" or "evil". I assume the added -e- was just a change to make it easier to say. It's not even pronounced the same (ma-LEH-).

Really, this is no different from the crazies who say "womyn" is oppressive because "woman" has "man" in it. Also, for the record, "female" and "male" are actually etymologically unrelated, though it's possible they converged partially through analogy.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #69247 on: February 08, 2015, 02:13:27 am »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:23:20 am by penguinofhonor »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69248 on: February 08, 2015, 02:15:15 am »

And they don't know what "oppressive" means
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #69249 on: February 08, 2015, 02:17:14 am »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:23:25 am by penguinofhonor »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #69250 on: February 08, 2015, 02:17:32 am »

First, feminists took over the game journalism industry. Now they control Middle English.

We're all doomed.
this is good for bitcoin

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69251 on: February 08, 2015, 02:18:35 am »

Get that feminism malarkey outta here before someone gets banned.

E: Yes, I'm advocating paranoia and censorship.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:22:12 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69252 on: February 08, 2015, 02:20:28 am »

Actually, it's mal-. The two are unrelated except that they both come from Latin - male is related (obviously) to "masculine", having come from the same root (with "male" mutated through French and then into English, while "masculine" comes directly from Latin). "Mal-" as in "maleficent", "malevolent", etc. comes from the Latin malus, meaning "bad" or "evil". I assume the added -e- was just a change to make it easier to say. It's not even pronounced the same (ma-LEH-).
...Is language your thing? That is a lot of etymology to just know off hand. Things I should know no less having learned basic Latin.

Really, this is no different from the crazies who say "womyn" is oppressive because "woman" has "man" in it. Also, for the record, "female" and "male" are actually etymologically unrelated, though it's possible they converged partially through analogy.
I guess I need to go look up the origins of "female" now.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69253 on: February 08, 2015, 02:58:17 am »

Went through a couple random Fanfiction.net crossover pages.  Apparently, for Inheritance cycle, it has its highest number with Harry Potter (at 99), and the top crossover with Harry Potter beats out the second by 1500 stories.  And its Twilight.  What.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69254 on: February 08, 2015, 02:59:39 am »

Ah, D&D 3.5e.  Came across a "totally not trapped" hallway full of massive rusty sawblades.  They didn't seem to be functional.

So of course our wizard walks in first, by himself.  The DM stops him directly between 4 of the massive serrated blades...  Because he just bumped into and was engulfed by a gelatinous cube.

Of course, our game is a bit... gratuitous with the splat books.  Our wizard was a black pudding at the time (shapeshifter).  As oozes, each was immune to the others' acid.  Their only attacks.  They grappled back and forth for several rounds while the rest of us watched and laughed...  In and out of character.  Eventually we walked past.  The barbearian stepped on a pressure plate (barbarians usually have trap sense, but not this one) but apparently it was release activated.  So he slowly took a heavy barrel of water from his bag of holding and...  Watched our wizard eat the sawblades as a black pudding.  Followed by his new "gelatinous jelly" child.

Currently we're trying to feed healing potion to our -6/13HP bleeding-out rogue, who's blinking (rapidly switching between the ethereal and material plane), so that he can feed healing potion to our bleeding-out wizard who's stuck in the ethereal plane as a phase spider.  Because he chased a demon there, and got wrecked by CON poison.  We *may* have a chance because I recently was turned evil and exchanged for 8 levels of a prestige class that lets me summon ethereal creatures.  Each round I summon 4 shadows, who harass the demon as the barbearian tries to heal the unconscious blinking rogue.  The 50% miss chance for blink has been royally screwing us.  It's fun though, we didn't get to play for three weeks and I really missed the zaniness.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:10:01 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 4615 4616 [4617] 4618 4619 ... 10979