Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4616 4617 [4618] 4619 4620 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995982 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69255 on: February 08, 2015, 03:02:04 am »

<snip>
It's stuff like that which makes me wish I had an IRL D&D group that knew how to play the game.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69256 on: February 08, 2015, 03:07:40 am »

Ohh gawd!

I don't get to say this very often because I am a huge fan of the genre

But I just played the WORST point and click of my entire life.

I hear a lot of people give point and clicks a lot of flack...

There is Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, there is Kings Quest 7, and I have played Telltales "sleep your way through" point and clicks.

But DEAR goodness... Has Broken Sword 3 managed to reach a whole new level of boring, tedious, and silly. With a dreadful story that contradicts so much of what the earlier games tried to achieve, crate pushing puzzles and stealth sections galore, and honestly even for a point and click that story is BAD!

I have never seen a "Mystery" game both give away everything and give nothing away at the same time. "Yes here is the villain and all his motivations... Also we won't tell you what the devices are, who made them, or really how they work"

*goes to cry in a corner*

Seriously WTF 10 HOURS to beat this game.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69257 on: February 08, 2015, 03:09:59 am »

<snip>
It's stuff like that which makes me wish I had an IRL D&D group that knew how to play the game.

Same here.

Or even some sort of message-board or skype or whatever based group. I've sunk too much money into splatbooks to only play Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil and SSI's Dark Queen of Krynn
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69258 on: February 08, 2015, 04:19:20 am »

Aaaah you guys are making me miss my DnD group.

Like that time I/my PC said "Well, that's enough adventuring for about one year!", only for the mad wizard whose dungeon we were leaving to overhear and freeze us in some sort of stasis field for exactly a year- which wreaked havoc with the deadlines we were supposed to be keeping with our employers, and got my character (already nicknamed 'Shitdrinker') shouted at rather a lot. Good times.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69259 on: February 08, 2015, 04:22:40 am »

First, feminists took over the game journalism industry. Now they control Middle English.

We're all doomed.
this is good for bitcoin
just wait 'til the jews crash the economy, then my gold investments will pay off
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69260 on: February 08, 2015, 04:27:36 am »

(already nicknamed 'Shitdrinker')
I honestly can't imagine your character being named anything else. Except perhaps some kind of alcoholic innuendo.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69261 on: February 08, 2015, 06:34:25 am »

(already nicknamed 'Shitdrinker')
I honestly can't imagine your character being named anything else. Except perhaps some kind of alcoholic innuendo.

Like "Cock Tail"?
This is a blank sig.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69262 on: February 08, 2015, 06:44:20 am »

You know... I see people say that "Fireballs and Chainlightning isn't very magical" if they are thinking of Fireballs and Chainlightning...

Or a bolt of numbers soaring through the air and doing 20 fire damage and 30 lightning damage.

Because I know that if I saw someone suddenly arc a lightning bolt through several people's bodies and their flesh crackled by the heat as their organs were fried... I'd probably be pretty scared.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #69263 on: February 08, 2015, 07:16:44 am »

I don't understand that. Chainlightening and fireballs are very magical due to being...
Well, magic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69264 on: February 08, 2015, 09:42:23 am »

I'm falling asleep right now, but man, that was a weird day.
I can't really put my finger on why- sure, I was tired, but I usually am tired without things being this weird. All day long I was misinterpreting people, fumbling around and generally noticing oddness around me- all whilst actually being less anxious than usual. Even the pizza was sliced weirdly. And oh man, I had plenty of amusing derp moments. And before you ask, I was sober all day- kinda sad since it was my birthday.

Maybe all this miscellaneous weirdness is just part of getting old? Like I hit middle age and am immediately getting started on my mid-life crisis?

I dunno, I'm gonna sleep now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69265 on: February 08, 2015, 10:11:29 am »

First, feminists took over the game journalism industry. Now they control Middle English.

We're all doomed.
this is good for bitcoin
just wait 'til the jews crash the economy, then my gold investments will pay off
Gold is for le funDIEs who watch Fox News. Le true enlightened Reddit atheist buys only le finest internet tulips.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69266 on: February 08, 2015, 10:14:22 am »

Gold is for le funDIEs who watch Fox News. Le true enlightened Reddit atheist buys only le finest internet tulips.
I wtfed
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #69267 on: February 08, 2015, 11:48:46 am »

We're all doomed.
this is good for bitcoin

This is good for Tulipcoin.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69268 on: February 08, 2015, 12:06:47 pm »

._.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69269 on: February 08, 2015, 12:09:43 pm »

Too bad DF is only single-threaded. If it was (massively) multi-threaded we could make dorfcoin, where you gain dorfcoins by performing calculations for slow as bedrock fortresses.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 4616 4617 [4618] 4619 4620 ... 10973