Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4631 4632 [4633] 4634 4635 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13167525 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69480 on: February 10, 2015, 11:37:16 pm »

I remember the days - back before sigtexts and all that crap - when it was actually an honour to be in someone's sig.
Now, anyone with a keyboard can spout nonsense and be pinned up in a post nobody reads and all the meaning has been drained from it.
[/oldmanrant]

And someone's probably going to stick this in their sigtext just to spite me.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #69481 on: February 10, 2015, 11:39:23 pm »

That'd be silly.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69482 on: February 10, 2015, 11:42:13 pm »

Sigtexts are basically cancer.
Or Hitler. Or a Hitler-shaped tumor.

New WTF: Man, this Starsky and Hutch show really is terrible.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69483 on: February 10, 2015, 11:44:34 pm »

I remember the days - back before sigtexts and all that crap - when it was actually an honour to be in someone's sig.
Now, anyone with a keyboard can spout nonsense and be pinned up in a post nobody reads and all the meaning has been drained from it.
[/oldmanrant]

What makes you say http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg5972961#msg5972961that?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69484 on: February 10, 2015, 11:49:57 pm »

...Hitler-shaped tumor...

That would be a GREAT name for a rock band!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69485 on: February 11, 2015, 12:11:11 am »

[/oldmanrant]

Or their sig text.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69486 on: February 11, 2015, 12:11:42 am »

What the hell. Writing fanfiction about my own damn mod, I really looked into the trolls Festak, Dokkri, Telgam, and Egidan. Egidan is 9,574 years old and Telgam is 15. Dokkri is 8 and Festak is 6.  The game very much considers Dokkri and Festak to be Telgam and Egidan's children, and Telgam most definitely gave birth to them in the context of the game (though obviously I don't write it that way, since trolls don't properly give birth).

Do you see something wrong with that? I sure as hell do. Egidan impregnated an 8-year-old (possibly 9, but statistically unlikely) at the age of 9,567. I could chalk it up to "trolls sure are weird!", but that's outright bug territory.

I'm not too worried about the age difference (Egidan's a seadweller, so everyone's going to look young to him--gotta find love somewhere!), but the fact that an 8-year-old is getting married is wrong, especially since AFAIK I made the adult age 13 for them.

I figured it out!

Telgam is a brown-blood. They don't live very long. Game got confused, so 8-year-olds, dude.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69487 on: February 11, 2015, 12:18:14 am »

That'd be silly.
Didn't OW/II make this same rant before? I sort of recall seeing it in someones signature soon after.

Maybe we all need to treat the Sigtext thread as cold storage. Let it lie until its time has come again.
You know, just swap the front sig out for others every now and again. The legend will never die.
I'm totally doing this from now on, but I doubt I post enough for it to catch on without prompting.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69488 on: February 11, 2015, 12:30:18 am »

Quote from: original take on dragons
Value of Subdued Dragons:
Subdued Dragons can be sold on the open market (going out of existence in the game) for from 500 to 1,000 Gold Pieces per hit point it can take. Thus, the Red Dragon in the above example would be worth from 33,000 to 66,000 Gold Pieces. Offers are determined by the referee merely by rolling a six-sided die to see if the offer will be 500 (die 1) 600 (die 2), etc., Gold Pieces. Of course the character or characters who subdued the Dragon could keep it in their own service or sell it to other players for whatever they could get
._.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #69489 on: February 11, 2015, 12:30:58 am »

[/oldmanrant]

No you  doooooon't, I've been here longer than you and I never remember a time when sigtexts weren't a thing  :V
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:33:45 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #69490 on: February 11, 2015, 12:34:21 am »

You young whippersnappers and your changing sigtext quotes! My sig quote doesn't have a link in it anymore, and you know why? Because the DF thread it was from was so old that you can't get to it anymore. Next thing you know you'll be talking about changing your avatars too! Bah!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69491 on: February 11, 2015, 12:40:27 am »

It's weird playing a game that know that the player is interacting with the characters through a screen as a serious plot. I had an emotional moment where one of the characters asks me for help and grant one of the MC the powers of being controlled by the player.

Hell, one of the main characters IS a literal player avatar. A robot being controlled by a being from another dimension, meaning the player.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69492 on: February 11, 2015, 12:40:43 am »

As much as I enjoy when I'm in other peoples' sigtexts, I prefer the old-fashioned "rotate quotes as I find them" system. The current one is getting a bit old, though.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #69493 on: February 11, 2015, 12:43:37 am »

It's weird playing a game that know that the player is interacting with the characters through a screen as a serious plot. I had an emotional moment where one of the characters asks me for help and grant one of the MC the powers of being controlled by the player.

Hell, one of the main characters IS a literal player avatar. A robot being controlled by a being from another dimension, meaning the player.
You must tell us the name of this game.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69494 on: February 11, 2015, 12:49:51 am »

It's called "Ar nosurge" on the ps3. Very anime game of GUST fame. If you know the Ar Tonelico series, then you know what your getting into.

The player is literally controlling the main character from across the dimensions. The OTHER main character is a literal player avatar and you switch between the two. And yes, in-game they are aware of that.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:52:44 am by majikero »
Pages: 1 ... 4631 4632 [4633] 4634 4635 ... 10983