Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4659 4660 [4661] 4662 4663 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997283 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69900 on: February 15, 2015, 01:47:08 pm »

If anyone can pool/dedicate some resources, especially on the torrent scene, make a film all about the color grey (and it's benefits in art; talk about complementary colors and how they make grey, and so on) as an instruction film about art, and call that Fifty Shades of Gray (A far less misleading title. Also, the spelling should be enough to stay relatively legal (either way, it'll brew trouble; mostly pissed off fans not getting what they were expecting), unless they're willing to be assholes about it; which is usually the case on basis of "Copyright"), and replace all torrents with the actual movie with this one.

Instead of an "art film" (BS excuse usually given by the vocal minority (e.g.-the fans that actually think this is empowering)) you actually get an art lesson (learn something, for real).

EDIT:
Add fuel to the potential fire; advertise the color grey with erotic undertones to further mislead the masses into education via torrent. Expect the movie, instead, you get an art lesson. How will Hollywood react to this? Take down a misleading educational torrent (with the same name, different spelling) for a movie you wouldn't want torrented anyway?

EDIT EDIT:
I can't believe this came to mind, but I sense incoming alien-based erotica-parody using the same title as well. Same concept, but this time a Gray is subject to all the abuse. We call them the lost files from Area 51; or Operation: 50 Shades of Gray.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:06:59 pm by Itnetlolor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #69901 on: February 15, 2015, 02:01:24 pm »

Is bowing to people when you say thank you or you're welcome really that weird? Because apparently lots of people think it is...
Are you American? If so, you need to also flip the bird with two hands while doing it to balance out the politeness.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #69902 on: February 15, 2015, 02:32:45 pm »

I can't believe this came to mind, but I sense incoming alien-based erotica-parody using the same title as well. Same concept, but this time a Gray is subject to all the abuse. We call them the lost files from Area 51; or Operation: 50 Shades of Gray.
That sounds like something The Asylum would do to me, with their penchant for mockbusters. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #69903 on: February 15, 2015, 02:49:11 pm »

Area 51 Shades of Gray?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69904 on: February 15, 2015, 02:50:07 pm »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69905 on: February 15, 2015, 03:47:11 pm »

Why can't they make a movie out of one of the classics, like Venus in Furs
What, is seven adaptations so far not enough? The last one by Polanski just two years ago.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69906 on: February 15, 2015, 03:53:49 pm »

Is bowing to people when you say thank you or you're welcome really that weird? Because apparently lots of people think it is...
Are you American? If so, you need to also flip the bird with two hands while doing it to balance out the politeness.
I bow slightly when I say thank you, and I'm American.

... Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I do. Nobody taught me to, and nobody I know does it. It just feels natural, I guess.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #69907 on: February 15, 2015, 04:00:24 pm »

Females usually bow a bit when saying sawasdee in Thailand, so I sometimes bow just to mess with people.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69908 on: February 15, 2015, 04:02:23 pm »

I nod my head at people I know, or to acknowledge people.  I learned to do it while bicycling, where it's an easily recognizable gesture (partially due to the helmet, also because exaggerated motions are necessary on the road).

I've tried bowing my upper body slightly but it feels awkward since nobody else I know does.  I think it's a neat sign of respect, but not enough to go against the tide.  Head-nodding is a perfect middle ground.  A very subtle nod is perfect in normal situations, too, since people focus on faces.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69909 on: February 15, 2015, 04:04:02 pm »

Yeah, I do the head-nodding thing too. I haven't noticed that many other people doing it, though.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #69910 on: February 15, 2015, 04:09:27 pm »

I also do the hand gesture thing. I nod my head at people, and incline my head slightly when I say thank you. Sort of a small nod.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69911 on: February 15, 2015, 06:38:24 pm »

A thing happened today.

My specific thought of the situation was:

'On a scale of 1 - screwed, that was a 7 or so.  All in all, not too bad.'  :-\
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69912 on: February 15, 2015, 07:23:46 pm »

Yep, I do the slight bow from the neck as well.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #69913 on: February 15, 2015, 07:25:26 pm »

Me too.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69914 on: February 15, 2015, 09:36:05 pm »

Why is more than half of the right-click context menu disabled when exploring a compressed file in Windows Explorer!? That makes me confused and angry!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 4659 4660 [4661] 4662 4663 ... 10973