Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4660 4661 [4662] 4663 4664 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13005746 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69916 on: February 15, 2015, 09:45:06 pm »

Why is more than half of the right-click context menu disabled when exploring a compressed file in Windows Explorer!? That makes me confused and angry!

Probably because that half is not really actually something you can do with compressed files or something along those lines...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69917 on: February 15, 2015, 09:58:23 pm »

Getting back into Runescape, found out that about a year ago Jagex removed a bunch of fun gambling stuff and made anything of the sort bannable.
Badly justified too. If you were really thinking of the children you wouldn't encourage them to spend hours a day sat playing the game you made.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #69918 on: February 15, 2015, 11:02:07 pm »

Getting back into Runescape, found out that about a year ago Jagex removed a bunch of fun gambling stuff and made anything of the sort bannable.
Badly justified too. If you were really thinking of the children you wouldn't encourage them to spend hours a day sat playing the game you made.
Kids always gamble no matter what (including bets and games like Truth or Dare). Depending on the magnitude of their actions, they gamble with their lives all the time. Youtube has a plethora of such gambles.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69919 on: February 15, 2015, 11:26:19 pm »

Don't bother, it went to shit years ago. There was a slight uptick in hope when they got rid of that idiotic Wilderness arena and brought back nearly full-map PvP, but that was just a ruse drawing people in before it became even worse.

People used to joke about it being the MMO people played when they were in junior high, but it is now in truth. Of course JaGex have always been sorta-moneygrubbing shitlords, but it really went sour when the Gowen brothers left, and any trace of that old spirit of self-depreciation and absurdity have disappeared along with whatever used to pass for a community.

I've got good memories, though. I spent more time chatting with people in that game than in any MMO before or since; I recall plenty of times where four or five complete strangers would talk for hours in that one little dungeon-hill spot that was good for archers to farm blue dragons at. Castle Wars was the bomb, too.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #69920 on: February 15, 2015, 11:36:32 pm »

Silly itnet, that's not a kids thing, it's an everyone thing, more or less. Gambling behavior defiiiinitely doesn't trend off with age, it just changes forms (at best).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #69921 on: February 15, 2015, 11:37:15 pm »

This article: Sex assault reporting on Canadian campuses worryingly low, say experts.
Far as I can tell, they're saying that there's no way there aren't more sexual assaults happening on university campuses than are being reported by comparing those rates with the rates of the cities surrounding them and other things.
Uh.
Judging from what I know about 20something year olds, they're onto something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #69922 on: February 15, 2015, 11:37:53 pm »

Apparently I've had Bay12 at 90% zoom for most of the time I've been on it, and when I turn it to 100% it makes my head hurt.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #69923 on: February 15, 2015, 11:39:17 pm »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:32:48 am by penguinofhonor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #69924 on: February 15, 2015, 11:41:20 pm »

This article: Sex assault reporting on Canadian campuses worryingly low, say experts.
I think the idea is that the report is low, which is bad, while the actual sex assaults are high, which is doubly bad.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #69925 on: February 15, 2015, 11:44:57 pm »

I have it at 110% normally and 100% has the same effect for me.
130% here. I can read it at 100% without particular ill effect, but... it's annoying, and I don't have to. Non-forum reading is generally at around 180%. Why read small print when you can read big?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69926 on: February 15, 2015, 11:45:06 pm »

Far as I can tell, they're saying that there's no way there aren't more sexual assaults happening on university campuses than are being reported by comparing those rates with the rates of the cities surrounding them and other things.
Uh.
Judging from what I know about 20something year olds, they're onto something.

Given how crowded some universities are... it isn't that unlikely.

All the sexual assaults at my school, for example, occur during the night classes in isolated sections of the school

I think the idea is that the report is low, which is bad, while the actual sex assaults are high, which is doubly bad.

Well that is what they are inferring. They don't know the actual rate of sexual assaults there. They are basically going "well, there is no way there are that few sexual assaults".

According to Law and Order Special Victims unit. Universities will often handle sexual assaults behind closed doors. Often shielding the person who did them from harm. But these are law shows that came after... "Law and Order" where things like "The Law" and "Reality" are bendable as far as the show is concerned. (Now that the original Law and Order was a bastion of accuracy)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69927 on: February 16, 2015, 12:17:05 am »

Yeah, titling fail. I ran into that article a week or so ago and had the same WTF for a minute before understanding it. That stuff is a real problem, but the way it was phrased makes it sound weird.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #69928 on: February 16, 2015, 12:33:17 am »

Don't really see how it's a fail. The title clearly states "reporting".

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #69929 on: February 16, 2015, 12:36:48 am »

I have it at 110% normally and 100% has the same effect for me.
130% here. I can read it at 100% without particular ill effect, but... it's annoying, and I don't have to. Non-forum reading is generally at around 180%. Why read small print when you can read big?
My WTF is that people actually change the zoom levels on their internet browsers. Like literally the only times I use the zoom feature is to zoom in/out on pictures and if I'm browsing on my phone with it's tiny screen.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 4660 4661 [4662] 4663 4664 ... 10974