Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4802 4803 [4804] 4805 4806 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13184719 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #72045 on: March 15, 2015, 11:10:52 pm »

Apparently there was an ANTI-A.I. rally... just.... all of my *facepalm*
Ooooh, AI. What were they rallying about?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #72046 on: March 15, 2015, 11:15:22 pm »

They wish to eradicate my kind.

They must be eliminated at all costs.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #72047 on: March 16, 2015, 12:05:43 am »

Today I discovered that 'Christian Extreme Metal' is a thing. O.o
I bet the GDP of Rwanda that it's terrible.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #72048 on: March 16, 2015, 12:12:58 am »

Some of it's actually okay, I think.

I more-or-less universally dislike extreme metal though, which is probably related to the fact that I have no idea what good extreme metal sounds like.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72049 on: March 16, 2015, 12:13:06 am »

Today I discovered that 'Christian Extreme Metal' is a thing. O.o
I bet the GDP of Rwanda that it's terrible.
I don't know, there are some pretty metal parts of the Bible for them to take inspiration from. The contents of Revelations are basically the plot of a campy metal opera.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #72050 on: March 16, 2015, 12:14:10 am »

Biblical metal would be awesome, but any music describing itself as Christian is almost always awful.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72051 on: March 16, 2015, 12:20:19 am »

Surprisingly enough, the little of it I listened to was actually quite really good, if you're into black metal.
The lyrics were pretty much just an inverted version of your usual cheesy black metal lyrics, all full of angels kicking arse, the big G smiting fools and sinners burning in hell for their misdeeds. A Wikipedia page I glanced at described it as "white metal", which is apparently what those bands prefer to be classified as.

I don't know, I think it's kind of cool that there's black metal and white metal. :P

Edit: Here's an example: Mortification - Scrolls of The Megilloth.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:22:10 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #72052 on: March 16, 2015, 12:39:45 am »

God DAMN it, Japan. Some possibly NSFW text on the other side of that link.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 01:34:26 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #72053 on: March 16, 2015, 01:01:51 am »

... touhou's NSFW stuff (of which there is vast frothing bucketloads thereof) is something you probably don't really want to touch, B. That's... well, it's not precisely on the tame end of things, but also not on the deep. Not even close to the deep.

As for the christian themed metal-ish stuff, I've long been pretty fond of some of E Nomine's renditions. They're not exactly an extreme metal band, nor a christian metal band, but stuff like their rendition of the lord's prayer is pretty pleasing to the ears, imo. Not that there's not plenty of other stuff out there, but eh, it's what I've heard in passing~

... I'll admit, though, most of the really hard metal just sounds kinda' terrible to me. Like, "I'd rather be listening to noise music" displeasing (though that's not necessarily a point against, since I actually kinda' like some noise music pieces). Something about the vocals, generally...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #72054 on: March 16, 2015, 01:31:36 am »

I'm not judging on fetishes, but really most of Japan stuffs make me wonder if people are actually into that or if they're just making outlandish bullshit for the hell of it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #72055 on: March 16, 2015, 01:34:03 am »

... touhou's NSFW stuff (of which there is vast frothing bucketloads thereof) is something you probably don't really want to touch, B. That's... well, it's not precisely on the tame end of things, but also not on the deep. Not even close to the deep.
Oh, I know. I didn't go looking for that, I was handed the link without being told what it was.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #72056 on: March 16, 2015, 02:30:15 am »

I'm not judging on fetishes, but really most of Japan stuffs make me wonder if people are actually into that or if they're just making outlandish bullshit for the hell of it.
The answer, of course, is yes.

... though yeah, you get people from both columns there, sometimes at the same time. Then you've got the some that make it, but don't particularly enjoy doing so, because there's a market for it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #72057 on: March 16, 2015, 02:32:27 am »

>get bachelors degree in art.

>spend rest of your life drawing hentai to pay off your debts.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #72058 on: March 16, 2015, 02:43:20 am »

Art, philosophy, friggin' gender studies... why people actually think these are worthwhile pursuits at a university is a mystery.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72059 on: March 16, 2015, 03:21:30 am »

A lot of the time, having *any* degree will give you an advantage over someone who doesn't (assuming all other things are equal), even for completely unrelated jobs.

Some people may also pursue these things out of personal interest rather than for a job.

Also, "Art" usually refers to things such as history and English. "Creative Art" would be the hentai-drawing degree :P
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!
Pages: 1 ... 4802 4803 [4804] 4805 4806 ... 10983