Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4811 4812 [4813] 4814 4815 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13185429 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #72180 on: March 16, 2015, 08:13:36 pm »

We shouldn't try to shame anyone into quitting a bad habit because they hate themselves for it. Just like we shouldn't make children get good grades by telling them they're worthless and they'll fail at life if they don't. That's not the right way to encourage people.

Granted, the opposite of this (overuse of the positive) is also as harmful.  You have to land at a point where it would be balanced.  It's a bit of a pain to land and keep society there without it falling into one extreme or the other, though.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72181 on: March 16, 2015, 08:57:55 pm »

There's a really beautiful double-standard here, though. Why is obesity and related behavior (overeating, choosing unhealthful food, eating more than your metabolism needs/can handle) something which is perfectly normal and out of an individual's hands while nicotine addiction, drug use from mild and largely non-addictive stuff to hard drugs, alcohol consumption, &c. are terrible things that make people evil by association?

Because, y'know, I've got a fucking great metabolism. I can eat whatever I want without gaining an ounce. But I don't, because it's really bad for the body and will still kill you down the line even if there aren't visible signs. If you get fat easily, that's just one more incentive to have some goddamn self control. Society comes down on chronic alcoholics, smoking addicts, drug addicts, &c. for choosing to destroy their bodies, so why not overeating? It's certainly easier or as easy to break free of than any of the others, considering that it's just habitual rather than a chemical addiction.

Or to put it another way, how would you feel if alcoholics started campaigning in the same way, insisting that they aren't hurting themselves and encouraging other people to drink themselves shitfaced as often as possible, to never drink water or milk or juice when booze is available?

All those other things effect people besides the user? Drinking can make you more dangerous to others and smoking causes other people nearby to ingest nicotine whether they want to or not.

If I'm buckled in for an hour-or-more plane flight and I've got some lardass next to me reeking of sweat with their rolls slowly engulfing my arm rest, I'd say I'm pretty goddamn affected, thank you very much. :P
Not to mention the cases people have already described, with the drain on medical funding and what-not trying to cater to the health problems caused by obesity. Or various indirect affects, like situations where someone's lack of fitness could put others at risk.

Basically, unless you're Jack Black you should try to lose some weight.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #72182 on: March 16, 2015, 09:15:29 pm »

I heard about people selling solar powered clothes dryers years ago.  Does that count?
I would totally use that. I hate hanging up laundry with a passion.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72183 on: March 16, 2015, 09:23:16 pm »

I can't even tell with that one or not.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72184 on: March 17, 2015, 01:26:17 am »

Earlier today a series of odd thought processes led me to wonder if there were any anthropomorphic truck girls, like there are shipgirls and OS girls and the like.

About of minute of Google searching after I get home tells me that there are not.

WTF internet, you're supposed to have everything. Get on it :X
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #72185 on: March 17, 2015, 01:34:53 am »

Earlier today a series of odd thought processes led me to wonder if there were any anthropomorphic truck girls, like there are shipgirls and OS girls and the like.

About of minute of Google searching after I get home tells me that there are not.

Would Optimus Prime in a dress work?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72186 on: March 17, 2015, 01:37:18 am »

You didn't look hard enough. And for what R34 doesn't cover, R34b has your back.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72187 on: March 17, 2015, 01:44:56 am »

The closest things I can find are characters from that Cars movie. Which isn't all that close at all. I was hoping for something like Peterbilt-chan :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #72188 on: March 17, 2015, 01:45:40 am »

Related:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_Transformers
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #72189 on: March 17, 2015, 01:47:16 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_Transformers
So apparently yes, despite a complete decoupling of gender and sexuality (as in the latter doesn't exist).

Fakeedit: dang ninjas

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #72190 on: March 17, 2015, 02:37:37 am »

An average burger meal has 2000 calories.
The fuck are you getting your burgers? Seriously, I want to go there. Even McDonald's is lower-cal than that. ~500 calories to the Big Mac, ~380 to the medium order of french fries, ~300 for a medium soda, you're still a good ways short. I mean, it's still pretty unhealthy, but damn. I wanna visit this 2000 calorie average place.
1180 to a burger meal, since you didn't do the math here, Majik.
Also, the 2000 kcal figure is for an average woman; average male value is bigger, plus there's factors such as height or physical activity.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #72191 on: March 17, 2015, 03:50:58 am »

1400 kcal is more than enough unless you're an athlete.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #72192 on: March 17, 2015, 04:19:50 am »

1400 kcal
... 1.4 million calories? That sounds like a lot.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #72193 on: March 17, 2015, 04:32:16 am »

1400 kcal
... 1.4 million calories? That sounds like a lot.

kilo=thousand

1 kcal=1 Calorie

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72194 on: March 17, 2015, 04:42:30 am »

How many bytes is that?
Pages: 1 ... 4811 4812 [4813] 4814 4815 ... 10983