Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5459 5460 [5461] 5462 5463 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13168907 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #81900 on: July 27, 2015, 09:10:35 pm »

But what came first, the butt or the egg?

A question for the ages.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #81901 on: July 27, 2015, 09:11:16 pm »

Humans are deuterostomes, so....
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81902 on: July 27, 2015, 09:13:24 pm »

Butts obviously. Everything is but a butt.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #81903 on: July 27, 2015, 09:15:17 pm »

Butts obviously. Everything is but a butt.

I see that this thread has come back to peace.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81904 on: July 27, 2015, 09:18:02 pm »

In the beginning, there was only butts. When the first cell began to divide, what appeared?

A crack.

And thus, the first butt was born.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #81906 on: July 27, 2015, 09:23:40 pm »

It's a long ways back, apparently, but trying to catch up with the wtf thread I noticed this:
Back on topic[And ironically, completely uninspired by the current discussion], I've just caught myself typing "they" instead of traditional gendered pronouns when I need to use the latter for an RP. Given that I very much doubt that singular they is accepted in academic circles just yet, this could be a problem in future schooling. My WTF here is that I've already managed to ingrain an entirely new brand of sentence structure on myself in only 4-5 months.
Arc, academic writing is where I picked up the habit of using they and otherwise nongendered pronouns. If you can still manage to get your point across using them, do so. You'll be fine so long as you don't run into some crazy or another.

I'd probably even recommend it, because the use is likely to continue to normalize, and you might as well get in the habit now.

Also:
I'd definately like to replace my poorly functioning right hand for sure, and if I could get a left eye that works, that's also great. But really that's all that's important to me there.
You're very much not far off. We have (pretty poorly) functioning cybernetic hands now (hell, we networked monkey brains together to move a simulated one this year, I think, or last), and barely functional low resolution cybernetic eyes got something workable within the last year or five. Tech's still got a fair ways to go, but if you have the money for it you'll probably be able to upgrade from what you currently have within the next decade or so. We're real damn close to giving the outright blind near-normal vision, and re-limbing the amputated to a near-baseline (or better) level. Medical science is doing some crazy shit right now.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81907 on: July 27, 2015, 09:24:53 pm »

In the beginning, there was only butts. When the first cell began to divide, what appeared?

A crack.

Fun fact, anuses are the first thing that develop in embryos.

* Cinder goes back to angerhole
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #81908 on: July 27, 2015, 09:29:33 pm »

Quote from: Arc
Pedophilia is inherently bad because its fulfillment generally involves inflicting lasting trauma and/or bodily harm on others.

What would you consider "fulfillment", though?
Can fulfillment really only be reached via sex? Or physical means? This actually links into another interesting sort of discussion. If you're attracted to a certain something or other, do you HAVE TO have sex with it or something of that nature to "fulfill" yourself?

@Frumple: Pretty sure we're almost at having robotic limbs that can feel. Actually, I think they might already exist in prototype form.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #81910 on: July 27, 2015, 09:36:15 pm »

A crack.

That's in deuterostomes, which chordates do fall under. In protostomes, however, the mouth develops from the blastopore.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #81911 on: July 27, 2015, 09:37:44 pm »

You know, I had a nightmare last night in which I was going to do a Biology degree.

Thank you for trying to make that nightmare as much a reality as you could.

:P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #81912 on: July 27, 2015, 09:38:26 pm »

A crack.

That's in deuterostomes, which chordates do fall under. In protostomes, however, the mouth develops from the blastopore.

But(t), as humans, we take the opening developments that are relevant to us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81913 on: July 27, 2015, 09:38:40 pm »

It's a long ways back, apparently, but trying to catch up with the wtf thread I noticed this:
Back on topic[And ironically, completely uninspired by the current discussion], I've just caught myself typing "they" instead of traditional gendered pronouns when I need to use the latter for an RP. Given that I very much doubt that singular they is accepted in academic circles just yet, this could be a problem in future schooling. My WTF here is that I've already managed to ingrain an entirely new brand of sentence structure on myself in only 4-5 months.
Arc, academic writing is where I picked up the habit of using they and otherwise nongendered pronouns. If you can still manage to get your point across using them, do so. You'll be fine so long as you don't run into some crazy or another.

I'd probably even recommend it, because the use is likely to continue to normalize, and you might as well get in the habit now.

Plus, y'know. Singular they has been in use in English at least since the 14th century. It's another one of those things where pedants and grammar nazis make themselves look like fools. The only difference is that the usage of "he" as a "gender-neutral" singular pronoun is falling out of style, which in turn makes "they" more prominent. The idea of the singular they being grammatically incorrect is only about a century or two old, and came about because of a desire for a single gender-neutral singular pronoun (a "he/she" dichotomy was rejected for the same reason), and arguably because of the perception of masculinity as the primary gender/sex (ironically enough, given what we know about human sex in terms of prenatal development).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81914 on: July 27, 2015, 09:42:46 pm »

Quote from: Arc
Pedophilia is inherently bad because its fulfillment generally involves inflicting lasting trauma and/or bodily harm on others.

What would you consider "fulfillment", though?
Can fulfillment really only be reached via sex? Or physical means? This actually links into another interesting sort of discussion. If you're attracted to a certain something or other, do you HAVE TO have sex with it or something of that nature to "fulfill" yourself?

@Frumple: Pretty sure we're almost at having robotic limbs that can feel. Actually, I think they might already exist in prototype form.
You misunderstood. They didn't mean fulfillment in the psychological, "I'm so fulfilled!" sense. They mean 'fulfillment of pedophile desires." That is to say, acting upon them.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 5459 5460 [5461] 5462 5463 ... 10983