Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5482 5483 [5484] 5485 5486 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13214546 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82245 on: July 30, 2015, 09:50:19 pm »

I've been reading up on dolphin rape cases.

Should I be scared to ever go in deep water?
Only if the dolphins get horny and you're stuck with them.
It's like the knowledge that birds think that you stroking their backs is foreplay, if I remember correctly.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82246 on: July 30, 2015, 09:50:43 pm »

Dunno what you wat for, tawa. Dolphins are the bastards of the sea. And presumably any rivers the little monsters manage to get into.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #82247 on: July 30, 2015, 09:52:30 pm »

Windows 10 will not install on my desktop. My shitty laptop? Fine, just spend an hour downloading it, and I'm done in 15 minutes or so. Desktop? Installer crashes just before the actual install starts, then crashes again immediately after redownloading everything (I'm currently downloading for the fourth time), and no telling if it's going to work this time.

(any cultist chiming in with "use Linux" or "buy a mac" will gain my absoulute hatred until the end of time.)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
That's what I'm using. If this fails I'll try making an ISO instead (going to a faster internet location to download, because I think my relatively slow speed might be causing corruption), but it is still pissing me off.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #82248 on: July 30, 2015, 09:53:57 pm »

Dunno what you wat for, tawa. Dolphins are the bastards of the sea. And presumably any rivers the little monsters manage to get into.
* Tawarochir googles "dolphin rape"

I... had no idea... D:
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82249 on: July 30, 2015, 09:54:07 pm »

Were you really unaware of dolphin rape?  Sorry but it's a thing.
As creatures become sentient they inevitably invent nonconsensual sex.
Heck that's one reason I worship nature, basic creatures don't premeditate to the extent sentient ones do.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82250 on: July 30, 2015, 09:55:17 pm »

... are you aware of bedbugs, rol, and similar such critters? Sentience has little to do with it.
Ask not!
Ask!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #82251 on: July 30, 2015, 09:55:57 pm »

It's less that rape doesn't exist in nature and more as in the fact that it cannot exist due to there being no distinction between consensual and nonconsensual in basic creatures, just like darkness (as in the concept, not the lack of photons) cannot exist without light.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #82252 on: July 30, 2015, 09:58:29 pm »

Here's yet ANOTHER thing that made me go "What the?" today.
I searched up "Browser crash" on Google, and guess what!? The browser crashed! What a coincidence!
I had to open up the browser again. This made me shocked and go like "What the?" today.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82253 on: July 30, 2015, 10:00:45 pm »

... are you aware of bedbugs, rol, and similar such critters? Sentiences has little to do with it.
I'd uh call bedbugs my second trigger.  Due to suffering under them for far too long.  And I sure don't use "trigger" lightly.
But they're just simple automatons doing what they evolved to do.  They don't know what they're doing.  I don't blame them.
First trigger is "father"
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #82254 on: July 30, 2015, 10:01:37 pm »

... are you aware of bedbugs, rol, and similar such critters? Sentience has little to do with it.
No. I don't get bedbugs.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82255 on: July 30, 2015, 10:04:28 pm »

You get them from a single unlucky motel trip.  They slip into your luggage, and ruin your FUCKING LIFE for a few months.  If you get rid of them at all it's because you moved all your possessions away from every wall and had a professional come in to spray while you stayed somewhere else.

I got them from a fucking funeral trip, just what I needed right?

Edit: When I say "for a few months" I mean you do whatever it takes to move.  Finances be damned.  In my case the cleansing didn't work but fortunately I was gone.  My roommate...  It was sad to watch.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:06:44 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #82256 on: July 30, 2015, 10:04:43 pm »

It's less that rape doesn't exist in nature and more as in the fact that it cannot exist due to there being no distinction between consensual and nonconsensual in basic creatures, just like darkness (as in the concept, not the lack of photons) cannot exist without light.

I understand that, but still I find it interesting that this creature already painted by the public as being innocent and obedient has some of the more vicious tendencies of nature. Even when it has the intelligence to note that humans and dolphins are not in any way similar.

Also, this.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:16:26 pm by Laptisen »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82257 on: July 30, 2015, 10:07:44 pm »

No. I don't get bedbugs.
Well, rub, their shtick relative to the discussion in question is that they're one (of a fair number) of the species in nature that reproduces by what is cheerfully termed "Traumatic insemination". They're one of the things I reference when discussing the (im)possibility of a kind and loving creator entity.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:11:20 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82258 on: July 30, 2015, 10:45:15 pm »

Youtube... WTF over the last month you have been making me watch less and less buffered vids even down to fucking 240p!
AND ON A 3MIN VIDEO!!!
No other website has been loading shitty but you youtube. So why are you saying its not you...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82259 on: July 30, 2015, 10:50:26 pm »

No. I don't get bedbugs.
Well, rub, their shtick relative to the discussion in question is that they're one (of a fair number) of the species in nature that reproduces by what is cheerfully termed "Traumatic insemination". They're one of the things I reference when discussing the (im)possibility of a kind and loving creator entity.

So are several species of duck, if I remember right.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 5482 5483 [5484] 5485 5486 ... 10984