Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5488 5489 [5490] 5491 5492 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13001428 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82335 on: August 01, 2015, 02:40:42 am »

Siblings really are the worst.

Were it one of my family members coercing me into watching it, I'd be concerned she organized it exclusively to get to me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82336 on: August 01, 2015, 02:41:21 am »

Does someone have an explanation for this?

Because I don't. It looks like they're trying to get rid of the stripes, but they can't possibly be that stupid/poorly supplied.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 02:43:54 am by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #82337 on: August 01, 2015, 03:01:35 am »

It's Russia. Only possible explanation.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82338 on: August 01, 2015, 05:33:23 am »

You guys wanton display of potential book cruelty is... Distressing. To say the absolute least and nicest.
Sometimes when you love a thing, and that thing is a book, you hurl it into a wall just to watch it fly :(

Seriously though they're generally pretty tough, surprisingly aerodynamic once you get some practice in, and often make the most amusing shapes when you toss them through the air. Books aren't made for throwing (usually), but it's a pleasing emergent property common to the medium *sage nod*

And I guess shoving them down stairs is okay, too. I never really had stairs to shove things down...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82339 on: August 01, 2015, 06:16:29 am »

... that, on the other hand, is going too far. Books are to be loved, regardless of their rarity, even if you're setting one on fire and throwing it into someone's face. Especially then, for its noble sacrifice should be honored with great dignity.

In other news, problems with scaling enemies number N: When you encounter orcas in the town sewer.

Have to give these people's civil planners credit for being able to support an entire oceanic ecosystem under their city, though. That takes some hella' planning.
Ask not!
Ask!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #82340 on: August 01, 2015, 06:19:18 am »

What, don't you have orcas and killer dishes in your town's sewers?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82341 on: August 01, 2015, 06:21:59 am »

Last I checked my town doesn't even have a sewer, period, much less anything in it. Worst we'd get in it is alligators and deadly snakes, regardless.
Ask not!
Ask!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82342 on: August 01, 2015, 06:37:19 am »

So I disabled one of the themes on my Firefox for whatever reason and now all of my font defaults to some gross looking crap I don't even.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82343 on: August 01, 2015, 06:51:36 am »

The community bookshop I volunteer at is closing and today was my last session with it open. I had no warning, apparently it was making no money, I feel gutted.
One wheel short of a wagon

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #82344 on: August 01, 2015, 07:23:52 am »

You guys wanton display of potential book cruelty is... Distressing. To say the absolute least and nicest.

Don't EVER donate any book to Goodwill or the equivalent, then. The company that buys their books (as well as most libraries and other large resale chains) in bulk (which used to make a fortune selling them) has morphed into a company that exists only to cheat investors, and destroys any book older than 1950s (which, of course, means that they're throwing away the most valuable part of their inventory) because they don't work with the fancy automation system they installed to make investors think they're modern, and because employees are parasites operating a staff to sell them manually is unthinkable even though each such employee brings in four to five times their income in sales.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82345 on: August 01, 2015, 08:28:30 am »

Holy Fucking Shit, there's so much water here.

It's raining buckets, the river's burst its banks, and half the roads are under water. I got out just in time to avoid the worst of it.

Now I'm spending the night in a hostel just out of town, above the floodline, and tomorrow a car is coming to pick me up to go to kolkata where I'll stay with my in-laws until things dry up.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82346 on: August 01, 2015, 08:31:41 am »

The company that buys their books destroys any book older than 1950s.
-_-'
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82347 on: August 01, 2015, 08:40:41 am »

Damn, I'm still unsure about whether to practice sketching normal-looking characters or just do the already-made first post of an ISG and make it first-person.
One wheel short of a wagon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82348 on: August 01, 2015, 08:42:14 am »

... have gotten further into Romancing Saga. Now I'm wondering exactly how the remake got middling reviews. I'll give that it's a little aimless, but the mechanics are solid, and this is a game where you can have a bear cross-counter a triceratops.

Think on that. Bear cross-counter a triceratops. Bear on dinosaur fisticuffs of death. This is entirely too much concentrated awesome for a mid '90s SNES game, damnit.

Though admittedly at the point I'm at, the dinosaurs completely fuckmurder my entire team. One shot anything I have (and by that I mean they do enough damage per swing to kill any of my critters three times over ♥), attacks twice per turn, nothing I do does more than one point of damage. Sometimes there's 10-15 parties on the things in a single room. It's... kinda' hilarious :V And fair. These are freaking triceratops versus a forest hobo that's not even twenty yet, a wolf, a bear, and some random jackass with a sword.

Also brau pretty rapidly fell off in terms of damage, which is fairly sad. Probably going to end up transitioning him into a caster like I've done with the wolf. Yes, my wolf minion spits fireballs and calls down starfire from the heavens. Metal as hell. Not terribly useful, 'cause the damage is kinda' shitty (especially on that starfire, since it's the most basic light spell :P), but goddamn.

@ NJW: Just bloody do it. Better something definitely done today than maybe done tomorrow.
Ask not!
Ask!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82349 on: August 01, 2015, 08:45:53 am »

Damn, I'm still unsure about whether to practice sketching normal-looking characters or just do the already-made first post of an ISG and make it first-person.
They don't have to be normal-looking.  Or normal.  Just want to point out that there is a game where the protagonists are magic octopus-things.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 5488 5489 [5490] 5491 5492 ... 10974