Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5491 5492 [5493] 5494 5495 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13188260 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82380 on: August 01, 2015, 10:49:51 am »

That would probably be lethal to a vampire, after all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82381 on: August 01, 2015, 10:55:36 am »

Isn't the mythos that the stake just puts em in a comatose like state, and if it's removed they wake back up?
Nom nom nom

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #82382 on: August 01, 2015, 10:56:33 am »

Isn't the mythos that the stake just puts em in a comatose like state, and if it's removed they wake back up?
Maybe originally. These days stake = permadeath.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82383 on: August 01, 2015, 11:00:48 am »

I guess it depends a lot.  3.5e DND has the stake disable them until it's removed.  I assume a comic book would just choose what rules to follow.

On an issue by issue basis.  Or even page by page.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82384 on: August 01, 2015, 11:15:16 am »

Old vampires were really, really hard to kill, could transform into mist and into various animals at will, but they also had really big problems with entering buildings without being invited, so that balanced out.
._.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #82385 on: August 01, 2015, 11:21:40 am »

but they also had really big problems with entering buildings without being invited
Or crossing rivers, or visible religious icons, or large numbers of very small objects
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #82386 on: August 01, 2015, 11:30:21 am »

but they also had really big problems with entering buildings without being invited
Or crossing rivers, or visible religious icons, or large numbers of very small objects
So, in short, being a vampire is actually a terrible deal. Why does anyone even want to be one again?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82387 on: August 01, 2015, 11:33:56 am »

Damnit Frumple, now I'm gonna have to track this Romancing Saga thingy down and play it.
Are there any copies for sale online? If I order it when I get paid it would probably arrive by the time I get back from the US...
It... looks like there's some of the PS2 remake floating around the net for purchase? The english version's titled "Minstrel Song", I think, to help you look for it. Also looks like the actual SNES cartridge is available for relatively cheap as still-functioning SNES imports go, assuming you've got a working SNES and the means to patch a physical cartridge.

... do note that this a '94/'05 SNES/PS2 game we're talking about, and only the latter was every officially localized. S'just the former finished getting fantranz'd last month.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #82388 on: August 01, 2015, 11:40:35 am »

Well, as far as modern concept goes, the original - Dracula the novel - has them be lethal. Or something, but with a judicious application of a stake count is thoroughly kill as far as novel is concerned.

But honestly, it's piles upon piles of completely new ideas built on top of old ones; if you want to go original original, you get either zombies or weird bird-things.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #82389 on: August 01, 2015, 12:02:59 pm »

Well, as far as modern concept goes, the original - Dracula the novel - has them be lethal. Or something, but with a judicious application of a stake count is thoroughly kill as far as novel is concerned.

But honestly, it's piles upon piles of completely new ideas built on top of old ones; if you want to go original original, you get either zombies or weird bird-things.
Clearly the answer is that we need more of these.
It's FEF, not FEOF

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #82390 on: August 01, 2015, 12:21:29 pm »

Clearly the answer is that we need more of these.
WHAT THE SHIT?! I thought those were made up by Pratchett as a joke. themoreyouknow.jpg
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82391 on: August 01, 2015, 12:22:05 pm »

If I do remember they staked the corpse, cut his head off and put it between his legs and then burned the whole ensemble... it was more involved than just stake-age I believe.  Been awhile since I read the book anyways.
Nom nom nom

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #82392 on: August 01, 2015, 12:22:28 pm »

That would probably be lethal to a vampire, after all.
But Batman doesn't kill people. Vampires aren't people. (and here come the vampire-rights otherkin SJWs telling me to check my hemonormative privilege...)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82393 on: August 01, 2015, 12:23:30 pm »

So, in short, being a vampire is actually a terrible deal. Why does anyone even want to be one again?

Because who doesn't want to be Count Von Count, with a small object fixation?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82394 on: August 01, 2015, 12:25:30 pm »

Hey now RK, you can't kill (most) vampires. They're already dead. Batman would just be correcting a longstanding illegal exhumation case, not killing anyone :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 5491 5492 [5493] 5494 5495 ... 10983