Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5492 5493 [5494] 5495 5496 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998815 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82395 on: August 01, 2015, 12:32:39 pm »

Hey now RK, you can't kill (most) vampires. They're already dead. Batman would just be correcting a longstanding illegal exhumation case, not killing anyone :V
Heh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82396 on: August 01, 2015, 12:38:35 pm »

...No, he killed Drac. Used a bigass light-thingy. It was an animated movie. Pretty good, actually! :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82397 on: August 01, 2015, 12:43:56 pm »

(LOL idea)

Anti-vampire directed energy weapon, consisting of high power UV pulse laser, with crucifix shaped aperture stencil.

When a vampire is shot with the laser, the laser light itself burns a crucifix into the flesh of the vampire, which then catches the skin on fire.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #82398 on: August 01, 2015, 12:46:26 pm »

but they also had really big problems with entering buildings without being invited
Or crossing rivers, or visible religious icons, or large numbers of very small objects
So, in short, being a vampire is actually a terrible deal. Why does anyone even want to be one again?
For a person who doesn't believe in an afterlife immortality tends to be it's own reward. Sure it might be a sucky immortality, but in a lot of people's viewpoints even a sucky immortality is better than being dead (since even a sucky immortality can get better over time, supposedly).

The idea kinda reminds me of the novel "Blindsight", where humanity genetically revives vampires a la Jurassic Park. Vampires have a nervous problem where seeing perfect right angles induces seizures, but humanity just "cures" it by having them take regular doses of a drug which changes the brain chemistry to prevent the seizures while leaving their other mental benefits in place.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82399 on: August 01, 2015, 12:59:36 pm »

What would you guys actually do all day if you were immortal  vampires that couldn't cross a threshold, be in the light of day, go near running water, and other myths?

I guess you could get a bunker and read books. Or this.
One wheel short of a wagon

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82400 on: August 01, 2015, 01:00:27 pm »

Obviously the solution is a river of tiny wooden crucifixes .

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82401 on: August 01, 2015, 01:02:17 pm »

Nono-- You need crucifix shaped molecules that self-assemble into plastics.  That way you can kill dracula with a plastic toy.

As for what I would do if I were an immortal vampire?

I would totally have a grand old time scaring the bejesus out of kids in parks, win vast sums of money on the korean starcraft ladder tournaments (since I NEVER have to sleep, EVER), Take up biochemistry but never attend any lectures or meetings-- etc.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 01:07:32 pm by wierd »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82402 on: August 01, 2015, 01:04:27 pm »

What would you guys actually do all day if you were immortal  vampires that couldn't cross a threshold, be in the light of day, go near running water, and other myths?

Yeah my daily life wouldn't change a huge amount to be honest.
Nom nom nom

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82403 on: August 01, 2015, 01:04:48 pm »

A crossbow firing stakes in the shape of crucifixes, strapped to a super-squirter filled with holy water.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #82404 on: August 01, 2015, 01:05:51 pm »

Why not just petition for a law that declares vampires illegal aliens, i.e. uninvited to your home country?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 01:07:38 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82405 on: August 01, 2015, 01:06:46 pm »

Or you know, run the plumbing under the doorway and leave a tap dripping.  Maybe that's why vampires went extinct because of indoor plumbing :P
Nom nom nom

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82406 on: August 01, 2015, 01:06:47 pm »

Yeah, I'm already half-nocturnal anyway.
#Ihavenolife
#Bay12islifeBay12isloveBay12iseverything

Real WTF: Windows making you change your password.  Really?  Really?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #82407 on: August 01, 2015, 01:07:43 pm »

Yeah, I'm already half-nocturnal anyway.
#Ihavenolife
#Bay12islifeBay12isloveBay12iseverything

I need to dig a tunnel to CVS or something so I can just trek beneath the congested roads and buy my fedoras as I please.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82408 on: August 01, 2015, 01:08:04 pm »

Why not just petition for a law that declares vampires illegal aliens, i.e. uninvited to your home?

Or country. Vote UKIP, stop Lithuanian Communist Vampires with AIDs coming into our country, outdoing us at our jobs and abusing our health systems...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #82409 on: August 01, 2015, 01:13:27 pm »

Why not just petition for a law that declares vampires illegal aliens, i.e. uninvited to your home country?
That'll stop 'em coming in, but you can't ward of Dracula once he's inside by shouting, "You're not wanted here!"
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5492 5493 [5494] 5495 5496 ... 10974